Spyder Garage

Default F3 - Switch Bezel L/R open slots

Question. When I pulled off the switch bezel (simple twist the key-ring cover bayonet style and it comes off), the area for
    what I thought were true blanks, already have to plugs terminating behind them. Any idea what those
    are pre-wired/plugged for? (Grips, Aux lights....?) Its an ideal space for a USB/12V port install.... well
    the left side is better w/o anything at all below it.
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    Victory Vision Tour Premium
    Ducati 900 SS Full-Fairing
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS1000-E (1st Tri-State Area)
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Suzuki GT550 (3Cyl 2-stroke Street)
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Trail 70 (1st year of hand clutch model)
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

I'd also be very interested in an answer...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaamacat View Post
    Question. When I pulled off the switch bezel (simple twist the key-ring cover bayonet style and it comes off), the area for
    what I thought were true blanks, already have to plugs terminating behind them. Any idea what those
    are pre-wired/plugged for? (Grips, Aux lights....?) Its an ideal space for a USB/12V port install.... well
    the left side is better w/o anything at all below it.

YES - I had heated grips and Aux lights installed by the dealer. Hand grips on the left, Aux lights on the right. They are also "lighted" buttons which look better any expected.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kenfromhv View Post
    YES - I had heated grips and Aux lights installed by the dealer. Hand grips on the left, Aux lights on the right. They are also "lighted" buttons which look better any expected.
    Very good and thanks! (Considering I may never get the grips, or either way you could re-plug if need-be,
    might just put a USB port down on the left side and secure the plug underneath for future use). Saying that
    vs cutting a new hole to mount BANDC dual port item. The same company (BANDC) also has a nice top mounted
    unit that could be used elsewhere.. THANKS!
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In your owners manual page 25: three customer aux switched 12V pre-wired areas. Two you mention and one under backseat.

I notice that a few F3 owners have used the left side panel for a USB port (drilled hole and mounted socket).
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    In your owners manual page 25: three customer aux switched 12V pre-wired areas. Two you mention and one under backseat.

I notice that a few F3 owners have used the left side panel for a USB port (drilled hole and mounted socket).
    I was thinking to use the one under the left-side lateral panel for the left side in this already crafted area so
    no hole drilling needed. (I'd need to see though it that harness section would extend to the hole area.... sounds
    like it probably is darn close). Worse case is in the future to install a BRP item like the grips or lights, I could
    just remove my USB access port and go the hole-drill option).

2008->
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BANDC

Very good and thanks! (Considering I may never get the grips, or either way you could re-plug if need-be,
    might just put a USB port down on the left side and secure the plug underneath for future use). Saying that
    vs cutting a new hole to mount BANDC dual port item. The same company (BANDC) also has a nice top mounted
    unit that could be used elsewhere.. THANKS!
    I just ordered the BANDC with amp fuse from Amazon and planned to drill the hole and mount on the left side panel as some one else on this forum has done. Seems to be the easiest solution for connecting my Garmon GPS.

Spyder Garage

20150418_171655.jpg
    USB connection to BRP wiring using quick disconnects

Spyder Garage

20150418_171626.jpg
    Finished product

Spyder Garage

I did the same thing. Just a word of caution for anyone else who does this - make sure that the installed plug will clear the items under the panel in your chosen location. There's plenty of room there, but there are a couple of things that will get in the way if you're not paying attention. I didn't pay attention but got very lucky!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

I put my BANDC dual USB into that left-side plug (which is for the AuxLights button?). I did have
    to extend the wiring, and then dremeled the hole to 1". A perfect fit as-if it was a flush mount option. If
    I do put AuxLights on I will "make it work" with the right-side port.

I also pulled both terminating harness ends from the plug (AuxLights & HeatedGrips), 2x covered and
    strapped off for future use.

That accessory wire that is tucked up under the left-side lateral panel, only has power when the engine is
    on. (FYI). The wire is waxed on the ends then covered in cloth tape. It DOES have a good sized label
    hanging on it so there is no question about it's use.

2008->
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

Default plugs

the two empty ports by the ignition are BANDC compatible? then theres the one under the left panel? and one under rear seat? are all BANDC compatible thanks in advance I put one thats always hot and snaked it thru front vents unplug when not in use

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjcady View Post
    the two empty ports by the ignition are BANDC compatible? then theres the one under the left panel? and one under rear seat? are all BANDC compatible thanks in advance I put one thats always hot and snaked it thru front vents unplug when not in use
    I used the power supplied from the accessory wire that is taped-up under the left side lateral panel to
    power the BANDC with a simple + & -. (Think it was a black ground and purpleish brown w/striped
    wire they tuck up there strapped to the much larger harness).

The harnesses that terminate behind the plugs. I just un-plugged them from behind the blank itself,
    then covered in latex (surgical glove tips) and zip tied off for future use. They are very specific wired
    plugs.

I kept the blank in the right side port as-is, then pulled the left blank out... dremel'd the hole larger to 1" for
    the BANDC to slide down into then secure from behind. It looks like its made for the hole. (Now the downside
    I suspect is, if I ever want to use that side, the hole is too large for a snap-in BRP accessory button). I
    also used the left side because the BANDC is a pretty large/long unit and there was plenty of clean
    room on that side.... the right side not so much.

2008->
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

Using the left port for the BANDC dual power plug....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2008->
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up That looks GOOD . . . . .

Using the left port for the BANDC dual power plug....
    . . . . . I think I will put that on my To Do list.

Thanks for posting this mod.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.