Spyder Garage

Default My 8 yr old daughter loves riding the Spyder

My daughter kept hounding me about riding the . Got the okay from her mom and went bought her some gear. Before we set out, I explained the do's, dont's and safety of riding. Her first ride was around the neighborhood. When we got back she had a tremendous smile on her face and wouldn't get off, lol. So now we go for Sunday rides and she's ridden probably 75 miles or so. We do a lot of evening rides after "rush hour" traffic settles down. It's great to see the smile on her face after each ride. She also wrote a poem about her Spyder riding and read it in class before school let out for summer.
    Currently Own: 2011 RS-S SM5 - BRP Comfort Seat, Juice Box Pro, Two Brothers Exhaust

Previously Owned: 1991 GS500E

Spyder Garage

Default Poem?

My grand daughter rides with me, I know that smile.

Please post the poem. I need a little culture.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    My grand daughter rides with me, I know that smile.

Please post the poem. I need a little culture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently Own: 2011 RS-S SM5 - BRP Comfort Seat, Juice Box Pro, Two Brothers Exhaust

Previously Owned: 1991 GS500E

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My granddaughter now 11 has been riding with me since she was five. She helped me pick out my first Spyder a 2010 RT convenience in Blue. She knew more about Spyders at the time than I did. She went to Maggie Valley with me in 2010. She also did the Tail of the Dragon. She also went with me to Magog Canada. She has also been to Nova Scotia six times for the Bluenose Rally. We leave on the 30th for this years rally. She was with me two years ago when I broadsided a guy who ran a stop. She got ten stitches in her right leg. As soon as I started riding again after recuperating from a broken pelvis she was back on. Yesterday her father was forced to drop his Harley because a women cut him off. She got road rash pretty bad on her stomach. She refused to go to the hospital because she didn't need any stitches. She told her father that she wanted to take a day off before riding again. She has to recouperate so she can go to Nova Scotia next Tuesday. At the ripe old age of 11 she has won her second set of broken wings. She can't wait to get her licence to drive her own Spyder. I hope she never changes. She keeps me going.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My 11 year old twin boys ride with me all the time. (Mom has never been on the Spyder and is terrified of bikes in general). Today one of my boys did a short 45 mile run and loved it as always. Two new riders down in the minor leagues.

Spyder Garage

My 8 year old daughter started riding with me about a month ago. For her bday we got her a helmet, jacket and other gear.

Its way to hot right now but we've done the neighborhood thing and a 60 mile round trip ride. She loves it too.

I figure by September, she will be ready to join me for a group ride with the Mojave Desert Chapter.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

FYI In WA no one under 5 may be a passenger.

Spyder Garage

I cannot wait until I can take my Grandson on Synthia, will be awhile yet as he is just less than 2. All you Grands enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.