Thread: Shoei

Spyder Garage

Default Shoei

Does anyone use the Shoei Neotec Helmet with the Sena SMH10 or Sena 20S

Spyder Garage

Yes, have been wearing it for 2 months and like it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you wondering if the unit will attach to the helmet? I would think it will, I have the MultiTec, which was the model before the NeoTec, and I have had both a Sena 20 and a Scala G9 attached to it with no problems.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

The SMH10 does work well with a Neotec, I've had mine for two years. The SMH20 also works well with the Neo Tec.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Spyder Garage

I agree with donkes and Macca. I've been using the SMH10 for eight months with absolutely no problems after I got all the pairing sorted out and that sorting had absolutely nothing to do with the functioning of the headset. The only minor drawback is my size Lg helmet will not fit in the right saddlebag, but it easily fits in the frunk or I use the under seat hook with a short loop of 11/32" cable and the helmet bag to protect the Tupperware.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Have this helmet and smh and love it
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

my 20S works well on my Shoei Neotec
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I agree with donkes and Macca. I've been using the SMH10 for eight months with absolutely no problems after I got all the pairing sorted out and that sorting had absolutely nothing to do with the functioning of the headset. The only minor drawback is my size Lg helmet will not fit in the right saddlebag, but it easily fits in the frunk or I use the under seat hook with a short loop of 11/32" cable and the helmet bag to protect the Tupperware.
    Jay, have you tried putting the helmet in with the opening to the center of the Spyder and the front of the helmet towards the front of the Spyder. This puts the Sena at the top of the saddlebag. Joe's Shoei is at least an XL and his fits in my saddlebag with the Sena attached.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

We both have the Neotch helmets with SENA 10's. Works very well. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

You all convinced me ordered a sliver one today plus a sena 20s giving up the Nolon with N-Com the lining keeps coming apart
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Nolan Is a HORRIBLE co! They do not stand behind their helmets. The warranty is USELESS! I know, I had to deal with them. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Both wife and I have the NeoTech modular helmet with the Sena 20S..... love the combo...... My only complaint is the helmet is a little heavy but not so much to keep me from wearing it as my primary all weather hat.

Sena unit fits nicely, wires tuck away unseen.... we use the boom mike.

YMMV.

MT
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Jay, have you tried putting the helmet in with the opening to the center of the Spyder and the front of the helmet towards the front of the Spyder. This puts the Sena at the top of the saddlebag. Joe's Shoei is at least an XL and his fits in my saddlebag with the Sena attached.
    Hey, another good day! I learned something from the Oracle. Yes it will fit. Dumb me just wanted to sit it in crown side up facing forward. Must have had something to with that training long time ago. The D.I. would have had my tail if the helmet wasn't crown side up.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

asa everyone else here has already said I have Neotec that I got about a month ago after having a Shoei fullface Rf-1100 for 5 years. I love my neotec and I have always had either a sena or a cardio on my helmet and I like the sena 20's way better than the cardio.

Spyder Garage

Default Sena 20S

Quote Originally Posted by J48cruiser View Post
    Does anyone use the Shoei Neotec Helmet with the Sena SMH10 or Sena 20S
    I have been using the 20S with my Shoei Neotec and it works perfectly. If you use the boom mike, just be careful not to let it get pinched when you pull the face shield down over it.
    -iSpyder
    2014 Spyder RTS - Cognac

2012 Spyder RTS - Blue (17,700 miles)

Current Mods:
    BRP Backrest

ISCI Hand Brake w/ cup holder

ISCI center screw RAM mount w/ universal holder

ISCI driver and passenger floorboards

FZ-1 fuse block

Powerlet 12-volt socket installed in front speaker grill

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn

Hopnel dash bags and saddle bag nets

Spyder Garage

Default Another option

Hey all,
    I have the Shoei Neotec but I use the Cardo SHO-1 for all my communication needs. It pairs with my iPhone without a care and has no issues at all with the Garmin GPS. It also comes with a built in FM radio and dual HD speakers so the sound quality is pretty nice. It was designed by Cardo specifically for the Shoei helmets but they say it will work in most any brand. Cardo has not made it available in the USA yet but it is attainable via non- US sellers. It also ended up being a little cheaper than the Sena I was looking at. Fit and finish can not be beat as you can see from the pic it just tucks away under the edge of the helmet so you don't have any bulky stuff hanging off the sides. Off subject but I was also able to get the mirrored visor for it and it is a vast improvement over the clear one. I never realized how much heat was being filtered in to the helmet because of the clear shield. The mirrored visor makes sunny days a lot more enjoyable when on the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images