Spyder Garage

Default Ride through Michigan

Hey all

i am planning a ride through Michigan the last week of June and would like any suggestions on best routes, preferred places to stay and any restaurant suggestions.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    Hey all

i am planning a ride through Michigan the last week of June and would like any suggestions on best routes, preferred places to stay and any restaurant suggestions.
    Where exactly will you be heading through MI?
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indyron View Post
    Where exactly will you be heading through MI?
    Will be going through Point Huron, Frankenmuth, the Huron National Forest to the Tunnel of Trees then make our way up to Mackinaw City into Wisconsin.

We have a very flexible schedule and are willing to hit any other routes that are recommended in Michigan.

would also like must stop restaurants and any good reasonably priced accommodations.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    Will be going through Point Huron, Frankenmuth, the Huron National Forest to the Tunnel of Trees then make our way up to Mackinaw City into Wisconsin.

We have a very flexible schedule and are willing to hit any other routes that are recommended in Michigan.

would also like must stop restaurants and any good reasonably priced accommodations.
    Some of my favorites are, Cross in the Woods in Indian River, Mackinaw Island, Taquenoman Falls, White Fish Point, Iron Ore Mine tour in Iron Mountain, Lake of the Clouds, Copper Peak.....

Spyder Garage

Default West Coast

If you have the time to hit Hwy. 31 up the west coast of Mi. you'll catch a lot of beautiful scenery, Lake Michigan and some great towns. Holland, Saugatuk, Grand Haven and Traverse City.

Spyder Garage

Default Michigan Lodging

Several years ago we stayed at "The Root Cellar" on Lake Gogebic near Marinesco. They had a new section of rooms and they were excellent. Large, airy, flat screen TV, and clean. The onsite restaurant was very good. We hit it on a "special day" (I think it was a Tuesday)and rooms were $25.00 per night and the restaurant offered 2 for 1 prime rib dinners. It was by far the best deal we had on the whole trip.

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I agree with rando & cybrj they are great places to visit. Michigan is a very beautiful state in the summertime.

My wife's favorite spot is Mackinac City/Mackinac Bridge area we go up there every year for a few days. We always stay at the Super Eight Bridgeview hotel with a balcony that overlooks the bridge. If the weather is stormy the hotel let's us keep our bike undercover at the lobby entrance. They cater to motorcyclist. If you go that far bring your passport and you can do a day trip into Canada which is a nice drive through the upper Peninsula about an hour drive. Downtown Mackinac city and the ferry to Mackinac Island is within walking distance of the hotel. There are also other nice hotels in the area there too. Oh one more thing you're probably gained about 5 pounds a day between the fudge and the ice cream at Mackinac city.

http://www.mackinaw-city.com/hotels/super8bridge/

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by 2ndChildhood; 06-17-2015 at 08:43 AM.
    Life is Great
    ToM

MelloYelloSpyder

First off I should warn you to be careful on our crappy pothole roads throughout the lower peninsula of this state. They are worse in the lower half of the lower peninsula. If you have time to explore the UP there are many places to go. A good restaurant is in Paradise Michigan by Whitefish Point called The Berry Patch. Never had a bad meal there. It is a small place so you may have to wait for a table but it is worth it. A great place to explore is Munising and its many water falls. You can most likely get a map once in the UP that will list all of the water falls in the UP. Have fun and stay safe.

Spyder Garage

If you make it up to the Keeweenaw Peninsula, the Jam Pot is worth the trip! http://store.societystjohn.com