Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I have 6,700 miles on my original rear tire and it still has tons of life left. I only ride one up and although I often break speed limits I do not smoke the tire. It is lasting well.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THAT'S BECAUSE

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    I have 6,700 miles on my original rear tire and it still has tons of life left. I only ride one up and although I often break speed limits I do not smoke the tire. It is lasting well.
    You have an RS and should get at least 12,000 to 14,000.......on a CRAPENDA......That's the Norm............But not for the RT......................Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Tire

On my 2012 LTD first tire I did over 27,000 miles, I replaced it less then 6 month ago and after 5,100 miles need to be replaced.

I believe the soft compound didn't work well, I think someone need to take responsibility on this and replace it with the new compound tires, I am sure thinking to move to different tires then the OEM Kendra tire.
    This message was sent between rides

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 R S

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Several people have reported that size of tire does not fit on a RS because it hits the fender. Depending on the variables on your specific Spyder maybe you will have enough room.

You have been listening to those RT people haven't you.
    It seems that way. I kind of wish that Syderlovers.com would have the model of the Spyder in the little box with your name and things in it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    Yikes! 5200 miles?!? is that all I can expect out of my OEM rear tire?

Pam
    Pam, as mentioned, above, BRP changed the compound which resulted in fast wear. Here is the comment on the return to the original compound, from BRPCare . . . http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...+soft+compound

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)