Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default RT - S Fog Light Question

On each side of the RT-S there appear to be two fog lamps behind the lens, one larger than the other. Is the smaller of the two a faux (fake) lamp or should it also be illuminated when the fog lights are on and the larger one is lit? I just noticed that only the larger ones light up on my RT, and in looking closely at the small ones I am not sure that they are actually lights. Thanks in advance.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MEP View Post
    On each side of the RT-S there appear to be two fog lamps behind the lens, one larger than the other. Is the smaller of the two a faux (fake) lamp or should it also be illuminated when the fog lights are on and the larger one is lit? I just noticed that only the larger ones light up on my RT, and in looking closely at the small ones I am not sure that they are actually lights. Thanks in advance.
    Yes! I've been wondering if the lights in blue can be mounted in that spot on the fog lights. If anyone has done this can you post pictures.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

'Yes' it's fake or 'yes' it should light up with the larger one? Sorry for being dense, and thank you for the response.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you're talking about the fog lights: (NOT the headlights...), those spots are reserved for the lighting package that is used in Europe...
    Nobody over here, has figured out how to crack into them, and light them up! (yet )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you're talking about the fog lights: (NOT the headlights...), those spots are reserved for the lighting package that is used in Europe...
    Nobody over here, has figured out how to crack into them, and light them up! (yet )
    I am referring to the fog lights. Thanks for the explanation.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We need a couple of our friends from the other side of the Pond, to post some pictures of what their OEM lighting looks like...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We need a couple of our friends from the other side of the Pond, to post some pictures of what their OEM lighting looks like...
    I agree Bob, would be nice if we could get some pictures posted on here from the other side of the pond. I like pictures of the fog lights off the vehicle.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Default No wire or connectors for this

There isn't any wiring to support the type of light that is in the head lights. That being said, I think that what you are seeing is simply chrome and not a light. I did an upgrade to xenon HID in the fog lights and it looks awesome. It was a major PITA , but it was well worth it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taxmyzer View Post
    Yes! I've been wondering if the lights in blue can be mounted in that spot on the fog lights. If anyone has done this can you post pictures.
    My "blue lights" come on when the the key is on. 2014 RTL

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Jack
    Same on '14 RT-S.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I don't have any Kmart specials on mine; all I got was the plain old LED headlights

AJ

Jack

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

In the headlights the "blue" lites are lites in mine. Somewhere I saw where someone had replaced them with LEDs.

In the fog lites enclosure, the small ones are not lites, just plastic and so far I haven't seen anyone "crack" them. One of my fog lights burned out, so when I'm in there, I will be figured out how to do something.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In the North American Operator's Guide, our headlights are shown as "#1 - Headlight"; our fog lights are shown as "#2 - Fog Light (option package)". The European Guide shows #1 as "Headlight - High Beam"; #2 is "Headlight - Low Beam". The European versions do not get a fog light option. The low beams are in that location.

Photos below are taken from Eddieshep999's albums from Britain. Arrangement looks the same, knowing that the fog lights have been replaced by low beam headlights. The small lights look the same. Second photo closeup shows the small "blue" lights mentioned above still seem to be in the same place. Perhaps Eddieshep999 could comment on whether anything is different in the low-beam headlight area. Can't quite tell from the photo if there are any small lights in that front position or not. My guess would be not.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinLV View Post
    I don't have any Kmart specials on mine; all I got was the plain old LED headlights

AJ
    I get it. Talking about the small blue lights in the headlight area about the size of a silver dollar. They are stock on the RTL. Not sure on the RT or RTS. They are LED's or appear as such and come on when turning the key on and stay on with the headlights.

BTW, stop shopping at K-Mart and start shopping a Walmart. The customers are much more interesting!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I get it. Talking about the small blue lights in the headlight area about the size of a silver dollar. They are stock on the RTL. Not sure on the RT or RTS. They are LED's or appear as such and come on when turning the key on and stay on with the headlights.

BTW, stop shopping at K-Mart and start shopping a Walmart. The customers are much more interesting!

Jack
    They are not on the RT,just the RTS and RTL
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think we're getting confused here. The OP's query was whether the small "blue" lights in our North American headlight area (on the RT-S and LTD) could be fit into the small round area in the front of the fog light housing that appears to be for some kind of light bulb but nothing is there. I posted the photos of the British RT to show that the headlight area is the same except that the light is only high-beam not both. But it looks the same and the small "blue" lights are still there on the European version of the RT-S and LTD. Unfortunately in the close-ups of the British bikes, the very front of the fog light lens is not visible in the photo to show if there is any light mounted in that small round area that the OP was originally asking about. In my post above I referred to that as the low-beam area because that's what they are in Europe -- low beams not fog lights. Need a confirmation from Eddie or another European member that the small round area in the front of their low-beam lights does not contain any bulb.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy_100 View Post
    I think we're getting confused here. The OP's query was whether the small "blue" lights in our North American headlight area (on the RT-S and LTD) could be fit into the small round area in the front of the fog light housing that appears to be for some kind of light bulb but nothing is there. I posted the photos of the British RT to show that the headlight area is the same except that the light is only high-beam not both. But it looks the same and the small "blue" lights are still there on the European version of the RT-S and LTD. Unfortunately in the close-ups of the British bikes, the very front of the fog light lens is not visible in the photo to show if there is any light mounted in that small round area that the OP was originally asking about. In my post above I referred to that as the low-beam area because that's what they are in Europe -- low beams not fog lights. Need a confirmation from Eddie or another European member that the small round area in the front of their low-beam lights does not contain any bulb.
    All I really wanted to know is whether or not the smaller of the two behind the fog light lens is actually a light. As far as my question is concerned, it's been answered. Thanks for the responses.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FOG LITES

I bought a pair of these on E-Bay # 111616976000------they are approx. 2500 to 3000 lumens each, and after you take the aluminum brackets off they will be small enough to fit in the upper or lower area as pictured by TAXMYZER.........The big difference with these are .....they are either on ...or...off .. with no stupid " STROBE " function or LOW BEAM ....in the mix............I paid $28.00 free shipping.....these are the smallest ( approx. 2 5/8 th inches ) powerful LED's I have ever found........Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-13-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I bought a pair of these on E-Bay # 111616976000------they are approx. 2500 to 3000 lumens each, and after you take the aluminum brackets off they will be small enough to fit in the upper or lower area as pictured by TAXMYZER.........The big difference with these are .....they are either on ...or...off .. with no stupid " STROBE " function or LOW BEAM ....in the mix............I paid $28.00 free shipping.....these are the smallest ( approx. 2 5/8 th inches ) powerful LED's I have ever found........Mike
    Mike did you replace your fog lights with these? No Nanny issues?

As for the "blue" lights, I believe in my 2014 that they are LEDs.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Default Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by taxmyzer View Post
    OK might be dumb question. The auxiliary light next to the headlight.did u replace them with a blue bulb,if so what does it do for you. Ours are white
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Spyder Garage

Default The blue

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    OK might be dumb question. The auxiliary light next to the headlight.did u replace them with a blue bulb,if so what does it do for you. Ours are white
    The blue is just to highlight the small LED's. The question is will these fit in the fog lights where the blank spot on the fog light assembly. I would like to know if there is some way to mount them in that position.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

It would be interesting to find out from a spokesperson why BRP decided to create these miniature "lighting moldings" inside the upper and lower lamp units. For sure I can say that they do NOT fulfill any purpose in the UK's lighting scheme. On both sides of the pond they seem to serve no purpose whatsoever, except to appear as though they "could" or "should" hold some type of bulb. The truth is it would take quite a lot of modification to turn these funny little Flash Gordon Killer Beam Projectors into working Spyder lights but my guess is that someone, somewhere, will probably do it! (It won't be me!)

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    It would be interesting to find out from a spokesperson why BRP decided to create these miniature "lighting moldings" inside the upper and lower lamp units. For sure I can say that they do NOT fulfill any purpose in the UK's lighting scheme. On both sides of the pond they seem to serve no purpose whatsoever, except to appear as though they "could" or "should" hold some type of bulb. The truth is it would take quite a lot of modification to turn these funny little Flash Gordon Killer Beam Projectors into working Spyder lights but my guess is that someone, somewhere, will probably do it! (It won't be me!)
    ...Geoff, it will be me. If you check my post above about the LED's I found on E-Bay, Theses are small enough to work....Some custom fabbing will be necessary but not that difficult.......and unlike most --- these are either ON or OFF ---not the multi-function ( that can't be changed )type.........They are also quite powerful.......I'm sure Mr. Thorne will find something WRONG with doing this also ...............................Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I'm going to do it anyway .....Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-14-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...Geoff, it will be me. If you check my post above about the LED's I found on E-Bay, Theses are small enough to work....Some custom fabbing will be necessary but not that difficult.......and unlike most --- these are either ON or OFF ---not the multi-function ( that can't be changed )type.........They are also quite powerful.......I'm Mr. Thorne will find something WRONG with doing this also ...............................Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I'm going to do it anyway .....Mike
    Fine. In the UK we have a bunch of vehicle regulations which specifies (among lots of other stuff) wattage and the colors of driving lamps. This ensures that other road users are are not dazzled, nor led to believe that a flying saucer has just landed up ahead. Some of the LED-modified Spyders I've seen here are so colorful that an approaching driver might think he was about to run into an escaped fairground ride! Whatever you do is OK by me, my name isn't Thorne. What's more I'm located safely on the far side of the pond!

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Bought the valence lights as they're called thinking it would help fact I don't have foglights on my RT SE A&C. Now worth it
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White