Spyder Garage

Default Help on 622 trailer key

Ok found out yesterday that BRP no longer has the matched tumbler for the trailer with the 2015 spyder (must save BRP like 50 cents.) Our dealer says to keep one of the 13 keys and he will get another to go with the machine. Is there another way? I hear about a key without the chip. Will it work?
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default yes can be done.

The lock tumbler for the trailer as long as the key for the bike is the same keyway the wafers can be changed so they configure to the bike key.
    I have to include that it may be possible BUT , the correct wafer kit and someone that has done this would be recommended ie a locksmith.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a different key for my trailer, it has red on it where the Spyder key is silver. I have the extra tumbler from my 14 but to me it isn't worth the bother to change it. I have a keychain that has the trailer key on it along with a spare key for my husband's bike and my trailer padlock key so I carry this when traveling.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    Ok found out yesterday that BRP no longer has the matched tumbler for the trailer with the 2015 spyder (must save BRP like 50 cents.) Our dealer says to keep one of the 13 keys and he will get another to go with the machine. Is there another way? I hear about a key without the chip. Will it work?
    Search for this key online and buy and any locksmith can cut to match.

Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default I used this one!

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post

Hi I ordered this key blank on Ebay for 5 bucks had it copied for 2 more and it works great opening the trunk and frunk!
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post

Don't think this key will work on the 2014 or 2015. Complete key change for these years. Also different chips for programing. Just went through all of this when the dealer lost my keys and gave me some 2013 blanks to cut at the locksmith. Did not work and had to order new 2014 keys from the factory. We did find a 2014 tumbler that came with the bike to install on my 2012 trailer.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Don't think this key will work on the 2014 or 2015. Complete key change for these years. Also different chips for programing. Just went through all of this when the dealer lost my keys and gave me some 2013 blanks to cut at the locksmith. Did not work and had to order new 2014 keys from the factory. We did find a 2014 tumbler that came with the bike to install on my 2012 trailer.

Jack
    Many have reported they work just fine for 2014/15. Key profile is still the same (S1). It was a chip technology change. Went from fixed transponder code 2013 and earlier to a rolling code transponder starting in 2014.
    Since these don't have a transponder they will work exactly the same.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

My 15 RTL came with the tumbler for my 622 trailer, or at least they told me it would work in my Rt622, but I have not changed it out yet

cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

My '14 RT Limited came with a tumbler for my 622 trailer. I changed it out and it works fine.

Joe, how was your vacation?
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    My 15 RTL came with the tumbler for my 622 trailer, or at least they told me it would work in my Rt622, but I have not changed it out yet

cruzr Joe
    Let your dealer do it. It is a PITA.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

As it turned out the tumbler was in the machine. Dealer was surprised. Now need to take trailer down and have replaced or find directions on line.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I have a different key for my trailer, it has red on it where the Spyder key is silver. I have the extra tumbler from my 14 but to me it isn't worth the bother to change it. I have a keychain that has the trailer key on it along with a spare key for my husband's bike and my trailer padlock key so I carry this when traveling.
    My 15 came with a keyed tumbler & I removed latch system. Under $3 at locksmith got it done. Just make sure you don't loose spring/small ball when removing tumbler plate on back of latch. Ann I bet Joe could have it done in under a hr.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    My '14 RT Limited came with a tumbler for my 622 trailer. I changed it out and it works fine.

Joe, how was your vacation?

Still on on vacation for about 5 more days, having a good time. In Kissimmee fl. Right now

cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    As it turned out the tumbler was in the machine. Dealer was surprised. Now need to take trailer down and have replaced or find directions on line.
    I have the directions and how to change the lock set on the RT 662, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. If there's a lock already on 662 you'll need the key that fits that lock to change it out.

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM