Spyder Garage

Default What have you found/fitted for Highway pegs?

I looked over a bunch of threads and found some real cool DIY set ups. I have an '08 GS and would like the ability to stretch out on the highways. I am 6'1" and have a 33 inseem, so leg room would help in the comfort department.
    Ideally, if you own/owned a similar ryde, manufacturer and install information (ie:drilling, bolt on) would be great.
    Many thanks in advance
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I own a 08 gs as well, finally broke down and put highway pegs on, they were bolt on with no issues, been a long time but think they were kuryakin ?? Loving them ever since.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I "only" have a 31" inseam and face the same problem of not being able to stretch out my legs. Most of the highway peg setups I've seen for the Spyder amount to pegs that ride above the curved splash guard. Those only let me raise my foot and not stretch out. That puts a more acute angle on my hip joints and makes it even more uncomfortable. I've seen one setup that has a curved bar that puts the peg over and beyond the splash guard, but, still that raises the legs and is uncomfortable. I saw one peg setup that was mounted outside the splash guard, but that splays the legs out way too far, I'd think.

What I'd really like is to remove the splash guard and find pegs that will extend down and away from the floorboard. Pair that with an aftermarket seat that moves me back a couple inches and I think I'd be set. I think it would really cool if the F3's U-Fit system could be adapted to the RT models.

Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs

http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...ccessories.htm
    This was the set up I used on my 08 but also ordered the Nbv 4" adjustable arc link with Widow pegs. Brackets have to be on the outside of the plastic on 2008's. Still a work in progress getting them in the right spot.

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cybrj View Post
    http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...ccessories.htm
    This was the set up I used on my 08 but also ordered the Nbv 4" adjustable arc link with Widow pegs. Brackets have to be on the outside of the plastic on 2008's. Still a work in progress getting them in the right spot.
    Thanks for the info. So, there is a bracket that gets bolted to the Spyder and then you ordered the arc, which gets bolted to the bracket.
    Let me ask, how was the install?
    And how much more "stretch out room/distance" did you gain? And could you give me some pros and cons to this set up?

I took an F3 for a demo yesterday..while I liked the ryder stance, lower and more in the ryde, I still really like my GS in the turns. I could see where on a long ryde the sitting position of the F3 may be super comfortable. Not 100% sure being the demo ryde was short. But having put close to 500 miles on my 08 in one weekend, I am sure pegs, of any sort, would be very beneficial to my hips, knees and overall enjoyment of the ryde.
    Thanks again, Cybrj..I really do appreciate the info.
    Last edited by Vader; 06-14-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Hi Vader,

please have a look at my solution: Link.

Unfortunately it's only in German but I think pictures are worth a thousand words ...

Kind regards,
    Alex

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default foot pegs

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Hi Vader,

Unfortunately it's only in German but I think pictures are worth a thousand words ...

Kind regards,
    Alex

very nice set up!
    2014 Spyder RS SM5
    RAM 5.7 HEMI 8 speed 4x4 crew cab

Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs

how was the install? Not difficult at all, Alex's pics would have been helpful !!! (Further hint: Type translate into google and copy and paste the text into box and voilà german to english)

And how much more "stretch out room/distance" did you gain?

That is the reason I got the arc'd link... you can set it up to just about any distance you need and why it's still a work in progress for me... I'm on the short side and am trying to get the pegs set so I don't feel I'm straddling something to use them , even then it's still nice to be able to change my sitting position and straighten the leg to relax the knees. I'm thinking had I used a peg that didn't require a clevis I might not be straddling as much but sometimes looks trumps comfort The arc link can be curved forward or backward and you have 3 different spots to use either for the peg and the bracket FYI you only need to order 1 they come in pairs... yeah... experience....

Spyder Garage

Smile Highway Pegs?

[QUOTE=Vader;991017]I looked over a bunch of threads and found some real cool DIY set ups. I have an '08 GS and would like the ability to stretch out on the highways. I am 6'1" and have a 33 inseem, so leg room would help in the comfort department.
    Ideally, if you own/owned a similar ryde, manufacturer and install information (ie:drilling, bolt on) would be great.
    Many thanks in advance[/QUOTE

I have an 08 GS also and am just a little longer in the legs. Just installed a set of HighWay Pegs from SPYDERPOPS and they bolt in flawlessly, still fine tuning the positioning. With the fairings being so wide I feel like I'm on a fat horse using the Highway Pegs, just have to get used to it and it is only for a change of position on long rides. Guess it will be an F-3 in a year or so!

Spyder Garage

Default unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Hi Vader,

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Great solution!
    Thanks!
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MercerLake View Post
    I have an 08 GS also and am just a little longer in the legs. Just installed a set of HighWay Pegs from SPYDERPOPS and they bolt in flawlessly, still fine tuning the positioning. With the fairings being so wide I feel like I'm on a fat horse using the Highway Pegs, just have to get used to it and it is only for a change of position on long rides. Guess it will be an F-3 in a year or so!
    Thanks for the info!
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cybrj View Post
    how was the install? Not difficult at all, Alex's pics would have been helpful !!! (Further hint: Type translate into google and copy and paste the text into box and voilà german to english)

And how much more "stretch out room/distance" did you gain?

That is the reason I got the arc'd link... you can set it up to just about any distance you need and why it's still a work in progress for me... I'm on the short side and am trying to get the pegs set so I don't feel I'm straddling something to use them , even then it's still nice to be able to change my sitting position and straighten the leg to relax the knees. I'm thinking had I used a peg that didn't require a clevis I might not be straddling as much but sometimes looks trumps comfort The arc link can be curved forward or backward and you have 3 different spots to use either for the peg and the bracket FYI you only need to order 1 they come in pairs... yeah... experience....
    Thanks!
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Default Ugh!

Now if I can just make a decision!
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MercerLake View Post
    I feel like I'm on a fat horse using the Highway Pegs, just have to get used to it and it is only for a change of position on long rides. Guess it will be an F-3 in a year or so!
    Yeah... that's it.. fat horse
    Last edited by cybrj; 06-14-2015 at 11:33 PM.