Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Left Side Bag Release

I am having trouble opening the left side bag. I have to pull the release button (on the back compartment) very hard and press on the bag with my hip to release.

Is there an adjustment to tighten the release cable or adjust how tight the bag seals to the main plastic?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Star Cruiser View Post
    I am having trouble opening the left side bag. I have to pull the release button (on the back compartment) very hard and press on the bag with my hip to release.

Is there an adjustment to tighten the release cable or adjust how tight the bag seals to the main plastic?
    I just had the same issue. Yes, there is some sort of cable adjustment but I had the dealer do it. The work was covered under the warranty.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MEP View Post
    I just had the same issue. Yes, there is some sort of cable adjustment but I had the dealer do it. The work was covered under the warranty.
    Thanks,
    I am bringing my 2012 RT-S into the dealer tomorrow for an oil change so I'll ask about having it adjusted while I am there. Thanks too, for the Quick Reply. (I have the extended warranty, so don't expect an issue

Spyder Garage

Same here. The RT goes in on Tuesday for a warranty fix.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Star Cruiser View Post
    Thanks,
    I am bringing my 2012 RT-S into the dealer tomorrow for an oil change so I'll ask about having it adjusted while I am there. Thanks too, for the Quick Reply. (I have the extended warranty, so don't expect an issue
    I'd be careful, because if they fix it under extended warranty, they may charge you the $50 copay.

Spyder Garage

You can adjust it yourself pretty easy.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default BE Carefull

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    You can adjust it yourself pretty easy.

Bob
    Be carefull removing this particular piece of tupperware. The tabs are rather brittle & break off quite easily!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! I snapped one of mine...
    But the good news, is that with eight bolts holding that panel in place; I doesn't seem to affect anything!

Bob,
    thanks for the picture!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Yup! I snapped one of mine...
    But the good news, is that with eight bolts holding that panel in place; I doesn't seem to affect anything!

Bob,
    thanks for the picture!!
    I broke 2 off my old RT I just drilled a hole opposite. where the bolts went in and replaced them with Zip ties once they are pulled tight they. Hold the panel as secure as before
    If fact it makes it easier to remove and refit it if you need to
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

In the picture above, I believe Bob did as I did and removed the three short screws from the black lower piece that includes the "mud flap" to get extra room to the adjuster. Otherwise I could not quite get my fingers around the adjusted.

Spyder Garage

Default Video for this somewhere ??

Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    Be carefull removing this particular piece of tupperware. The tabs are rather brittle & break off quite easily!!!!!

I need to adjust both sides...I have know idea where to start, no time to take to dealer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    I need to adjust both sides...I have know idea where to start, no time to take to dealer.
    Go to this video at 4 minute mark and I show you what screw to remove to remove the rear panel. Ignore the removal of the trunk lid.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks guys !!

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Go to this video at 4 minute mark and I show you what screw to remove to remove the rear panel. Ignore the removal of the trunk lid.

Bob
    All I have to say is you guys rock !!! after watching the video, took apart the bottom cover got right to the adjustment , which did not want to turn..... it works smooth as butter now ,
    Thanks again !
    Blessings

Spyder Garage

Glad you got it resolved!!!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

I had a little time this morning, so I removed the necessary panels and made the adjustment on my left side bag. Worked like a champ; I am now a little happier.
    Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac