Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bajaron sway bar

I have a 2014 STL and was out for a ride the other night with my wife. She was
    on back and she said she felt a lot of what she thought was wind swaying the bike. I have 4000 miles on the bike and this is only the second time shes
    rode with me. Wondering if the bajaron swaybar or antisway bar really makes a difference and if so and your mechanically inclined can you install it yourself?? Thanks in advance

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 ST limited and the addition of the bigger sway bar makes a HUGE difference riding in the back. Hardest part of the install is getting the bike lifted high enough (22 inches to make room to remove the stock bar) and taking off the panels to clear the way. Instructions are straightforward and there are also a video on youtube (doesnt show the removal of the panels) ( ). Worthwhile investment!
    2013 Spyder ST Limited...Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Fog Lights, Backrest, Spyderpops BumpSkid, 2014 cooling panels, BajaRon swaybar, Fox shocks, RS-S mag wheels...
    2014 Spyder RT-S, Spyderpops BumpSkid, BajaRon Swaybar, TricLED lighting, Magic Mirrors, Akrapovic Sport Silencer...

Spyder Garage

Do u have to remove the frunk to install? I'm curious if anyone who's installed one of these disliked it or wasn't wowed with the results. I think I'll start a poll. Many praise it on this forum
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Default Smart choice...

the sway bar and hiem joints will help with many handling issues you may not even be awere off. It is a great investment...let us know what you find...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You don't have to remove the frunk but removing the frunk is really easy (on the RS anyway) so I would recommend removing it. The total install is really pretty easy.

The sway bar is worth every $ it cost in my opinion. This is how BRP should be sending the bike from the factory. Specific to 2 up riding. I occasionally carry a passenger on my RS. Before the Ron bar was installed with a rider on the back handling can was a little sketchy. Definitely not confidence inspiring and truthfully a little scary and maybe dangerous. With the Ron bar the bike handles the same with two riders as it does with one. It removes the "roll" and It's just a lot greater feeling of control and confidence.

Spyder Garage

Smile Easy Install

Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    I have a 2014 STL and was out for a ride the other night with my wife. She was
    on back and she said she felt a lot of what she thought was wind swaying the bike. I have 4000 miles on the bike and this is only the second time shes
    rode with me. Wondering if the bajaron swaybar or antisway bar really makes a difference and if so and your mechanically inclined can you install it yourself?? Thanks in advance

I just finished my install, took about 2 hours including constructing a set of ramps! I used one pair of concrete blocks with a single 2"x6" covering each block and a 2"x6"x 60" for a ramp on each block. This gives about 16" of clearance, which was plenty for me. A pair of 13mm combination wrenches, a 10mm socket and ratchet, and the correct size bit for the Tupperware screws, and a chunk of 2x4 per Ron's instructions is all that is required with an RS.
    Kudos to Ron

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MercerLake View Post
    I just finished my install, took about 2 hours including constructing a set of ramps! I used one pair of concrete blocks with a single 2"x6" covering each block and a 2"x6"x 60" for a ramp on each block. This gives about 16" of clearance, which was plenty for me. A pair of 13mm combination wrenches, a 10mm socket and ratchet, and the correct size bit for the Tupperware screws, and a chunk of 2x4 per Ron's instructions is all that is required with an RS.
    Kudos to Ron
    My Baja Ron (anti)sway bar and heim joint links are to arrive tomorrow, so I viewed the video on installation and began removing plastic covering, and removing, and removing, and removing. The STL has a bunch of undercover to remove just to get to the 2 final bolts holding the frunk on. And the side wings that flare out around the floor boards and back under the frame are interesting (in order to remove the 2 sets of square plastic "holders" for the sway bar). After taking a few breaks to minimize the swearing, I finally have the original sway bar in hand and wonder if I'll be able to figure out where all that loose stuff goes again. I agree with the video...once all the plastic is removed and the spider's jacked up 22", the install's easy....that other stuff is the hard part.
    JB

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xwingnut View Post
    My Baja Ron (anti)sway bar and heim joint links are to arrive tomorrow, so I viewed the video on installation and began removing plastic covering, and removing, and removing, and removing. The STL has a bunch of undercover to remove just to get to the 2 final bolts holding the frunk on. And the side wings that flare out around the floor boards and back under the frame are interesting (in order to remove the 2 sets of square plastic "holders" for the sway bar). After taking a few breaks to minimize the swearing, I finally have the original sway bar in hand and wonder if I'll be able to figure out where all that loose stuff goes again. I agree with the video...once all the plastic is removed and the spider's jacked up 22", the install's easy....that other stuff is the hard part.
    JB

Just had my sts done , I had a local shop installed the fox shocks , sway bar from Ron and the links , $170.00 later i was cutting corners and felt the difference immediately. You will not be disappointed.

Spyder Garage

Default Doug............

Get the bar
    You'll be a lot happier for it.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    Get the bar
    You'll be a lot happier for it.

Kaos
    Best money you will ever spend on your Spyder.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default Another fan of the bar.

Had a shop in Texas install the bar and links as I just don't do the ground crawling like I used to. CAN'T SAY ENOUGH about return on investment in just increased fun in the ride. Just changes the bike all by itself.

You won't be sorry.

Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron Sway Bar

Don't leave home without it. The difference is like night and day. You just fill safer ridding.

Spyder Garage

Best money you can spend on your Spyder!!!! Cornering becomes a pleasant experience!!! So much more fun!!!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon Sway Bar

I am a firm believer in the Sway bar. Before I had mine installed on my 2014 RT-S Spyder I was not comfortable with the steering. It seemed to have a mind of it's own. Since I had one installed It is a lot more comfortable and stable to ride. I believe that if you are mechanical you could do it yourself. I am not so didn't attempt it. Another thing I feel should come with the Bike is the Bump Skid.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.