Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Feed back into helmet with GPS installed when key CB mike

I have a 2014 RT-S and have both CB and GPS when the gps is installed every time I key the mike there is screech through the helmet speakers. When I take the gps out of the stand noise goes away what needs to be done to fix the problem.
    Steve Fennema

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stfennema View Post
    I have a 2014 RT-S and have both CB and GPS when the gps is installed every time I key the mike there is screech through the helmet speakers. When I take the gps out of the stand noise goes away what needs to be done to fix the problem.
    Steve Fennema
    Is the helmet Bluetooth? If so, many GPS models have Bluetooth built in as well. Try disabling it on the GPS. Just a shot in the dark without more details.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Helmet feed back

No Bluetooth. When I first start out I only have sound in right speaker after a 20 min pop sound and have music in both speakers then have screech in both speakers when I key mike.
    Steve

Spyder Garage

Sounds like the squeal I have been having when trying to transmit on the OEM CB when both passenger and rider helmets are connected to the system/bike. I am using J&M headsets. After the technician grounded the CB mounting plate to the bike, there was no squeal with a test with using two BRP headsets. If only one J&M headset is connected, I can transmit and receive without problem. My bike is a 2014 RT-S.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DonST View Post
    Sounds like the squeal I have been having when trying to transmit on the OEM CB when both passenger and rider helmets are connected to the system/bike. I am using J&M headsets. After the technician grounded the CB mounting plate to the bike, there was no squeal with a test with using two BRP headsets. If only one J&M headset is connected, I can transmit and receive without problem. My bike is a 2014 RT-S.
    Sounds like there is a "wiring" difference in the BRP and J&M cable that plugs into the bike.
    Do you have a wiring diagram fro the J&M?

Try this (if you have not yet)
    Take the passenger "cable only" and plug it, while wearing your helmet - do you get the feedback?
    Take the passenger headset only, plug in to the front and then the rear - do you get the feedback?
    If no to both of the above it's incompatible wiring. Given that BOTH BRP headsets work.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stfennema View Post
    Steve Fennema
    Manufacturer or Headset?

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black