Spyder Garage

Default changing out Senna SMh10 speakers

Just wondering if anyone has tried to upgrade there original helmet speakers. The system is nice, would just like a little more base out of them for the music end of them. Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd be interested as well!

Spyder Garage

Default Me too

So would I. Hoping someone responses that has done this.

Spyder Garage

I went with a different mount (don't know the product code) and use earbuds rather than speakers. Much better sound and the earbuds I use also function as noise-cancelling cutting road noise as well.
    Norm

...Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Bilbo Baggins

2015 RT-S SE6 Special Series

Spyder Garage

The wife and I have had our Sena SMH10-11's for 3 years now. Love them until my left speaker went out. I have some headphones I was gonna take the speakers out of and wire them in but don't know if that will damage anything. It's stupid I have to order a whole speaker set for $30-$40. Ugh.

Spyder Garage

Something that is really helpful with the Sena speakers is to get them as close you your ears as possible!
    They give you one velcro foam pad to help with that but for me it was not thick enough. The 20S kit now comes with several pads of different thickness to help do that. It does make a big difference the closer you get them to your ears.
    Also alignment. For me the stock helmet holes were too high so the speaker were not even close to my ear canal. Thus I had to relocate them.

Anyway do what you can using Velcro, etc to get them in the sweat spot in your helmet and see if it helps.

Oh and yes, you can but ear buds to replace the speakers if needed.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    It does make a big difference the closer you get them to your ears.
    Also alignment. For me the stock helmet holes were too high so the speaker were not even close to my ear canal. Thus I had to relocate them.
    Bob
    I had rather a devil of a time before I got them to the sweet spot. It was difficult for me to make just the right moves without overdoing it. Make small moves and have patience.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spideybuffal0 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has tried to upgrade there original helmet speakers. The system is nice, would just like a little more base out of them for the music end of them. Thanks

We use the SPH 10H units that are designed to mount on a half helmet and the units mount into the triangle created by the straps on each side. I had a local shoe repair place cut a bit of the strap away and then stitched the control into place so that the speakers are quite close to my ears.

This makes the unit much more like a high quality headset and by getting the speakers closer to the ear you get the bass quality you are looking for.

I don't know how you would do this with the unit designed for a full helmet but the secret would be to somehow get the speakers closer to your ears.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)