Spyder Garage

Default GOT THE PHONE CALL FROM BRP AT 11:30 AM TODAY

Damien Roy from BRP called me this morning to give me the information on what is going to be done to the 2013 RT's. Here it is:

1: Air scoops on the side panels to increase air flow to the engine compartment, similar to what was done on the ST.

2: Revamping of the fuel system - no real details on that.

3: An ECM upgrade following the work on the fuel system.

This information was released to dealers at 11:am EDT this morning. I was told that the parts are ready, including special tools that will be shipped to dealers. Called my dealer, he knows nothing about it, but gave me an appointment for June 17th.

So, there you have it. Let's hope that this does the trick. It's been a long time coming.

I did look, and this has not been posted on either BRP's or NHTSA website as of yet.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's to hoping that it works as planned for you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I really hope this fix works out for you two, Dwight. It will really suck if this is a bandaid fix and there are still problems afterward.

Spyder Garage

Question

Don't get me wrong, I am glad BRP, has a solution to the heat issue! But it appears that this is mounted where I have my adjustable vents (from BRP ), which I like. What do I do with them know? Think I will get all the updates done,except, panel update. Hard decision! !

Spyder Garage

Question Fingers Crossed

I called Cowtown about 1/2 hr ago and they didn't know anything new but would call every owner that purchased through them to set up appointments. I just got a reply from @BRPCares and they assured me that all dealers are being notified. Hopefully Cowtown will call me back to set up an appointment.

"Venom"
    American Legion Riders CO-State Ride Captain 2016-18

American Legion Rider Chap 331 St Robert MO

Assistance Association MO Veterans Cemetery, FLW, MO
    Board Member - Historian

Spyder Garage

I called my dealer this morning and he didn't know of "latest update" either. He pulled my VIN and got the letter. He just called me back and has ordered KIT and TOOLS; I'll be his first recall update. ETA is June 2 for KIT and Tools. He said no body panels were coming; the kit will give him template of what to cut and change along with electronic update. Says it will re-map air flow.

Spyder Garage

I just now got a call from my dealer stating that the Warranty Bulletin was out. He confirmed the changes listed in the OP here. He printed a copy for me and I'm on my way over to pick it up.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Larry rt View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am glad BRP, has a solution to the heat issue! But it appears that this is mounted where I have my adjustable vents (from BRP ), which I like. What do I do with them know? Think I will get all the updates done,except, panel update. Hard decision! !
    Mention was made in the other thread that those who had purchased other vents would be credited by the dealer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    I just now got a call from my dealer stating that the Warranty Bulletin was out. He confirmed the changes listed in the OP here. He printed a copy for me and I'm on my way over to pick it up.

Perhaps the "Light at the end of the Tunnel", won't end up being an oncoming Train!
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default There you have it..

now we still wait some more... do hope this time has given them the time needed to fully test these cures.. the final test will be Joe public those that hung in there...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I am hoping this works for you, Dwight. Hope to ride with you later this summer.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

Default Link to Warranty Bulletin

Here is a new thread with a link to the Warranty Bulletin. Sorry the pictures aren't a little sharper. I didn't get a digital copy, so I had to scan a printed copy to a .pdf file in order to post it.

Haven't had time to read it yet, but it seems to mostly have to do with updates to the fuel system, and then computer update after that. No new panels, but there is a new air scoop which goes over the air intake grills in the top side panels.
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-26-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 12 VOLT FANS

Just throwin this out there ...........The new VENTS may not be enough ( I hope to Heck I'm wrong )....You can get 12 v computer fans in sizes from 40 mm to 120 mm for $ 2 to $5 ......They move a surprising amount of AIR ...............I put one in My new Air Intake for my K&N filter on my 2014 RT and so far I think it works .............Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Just throwin this out there ...........The new VENTS may not be enough ( I hope to Heck I'm wrong )....You can get 12 v computer fans in sizes from 40 mm to 120 mm for $ 2 to $5 ......They move a surprising amount of AIR ...............I put one in My new Air Intake for my K&N filter on my 2014 RT and so far I think it works .............Mike
    If you read the PDF there is far more going on than just the vents!

The big deal is the removal of the acoustic panels and a total redo of the Evap system.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

As I posted in the general forum section, I got a call from Greg, service manager with Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Flarda. He called to say that he has already worked up a "work order" for the fix and says the parts are in Georgia. He said we should be good to go next week.

Chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Damien Roy from BRP called me this morning to give me the information on what is going to be done to the 2013 RT's. Here it is:

1: Air scoops on the side panels to increase air flow to the engine compartment, similar to what was done on the ST.

This information was released to dealers at 11:am EDT this morning. I was told that the parts are ready, including special tools that will be shipped to dealers. Called my dealer, he knows nothing about it, but gave me an appointment for June 17th.

So, there you have it. Let's hope that this does the trick. It's been a long time coming.

I did look, and this has not been posted on either BRP's or NHTSA website as of yet.
    My guy at BRP said this will not help in stop and go traffic but will cool the bike off once you get moving again. I asked if it would change our MPG but he had no answer for this. This is a start but I am sure it is not going to be the cure all we were all waiting and hoped for.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote Originally Posted by hapyisme View Post
    My guy at BRP said this will not help in stop and go traffic but will cool the bike off once you get moving again. I asked if it would change our MPG but he had no answer for this. This is a start but I am sure it is not going to be the cure all we were all waiting and hoped for.
    Read my post # 13........Mike

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..

Quote Originally Posted by gamcbeth View Post
    I called Cowtown about 1/2 hr ago and they didn't know anything new but would call every owner that purchased through them to set up appointments. I just got a reply from @BRPCares and they assured me that all dealers are being notified. Hopefully Cowtown will call me back to set up an appointment.
    Your first post -- welcome.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just spoke to RideNow Powersports in Tucson to order recall parts and schedule the work. They expect to have parts next week. Good thing, as it appears we will be hitting triple digits this weekend!

It appears that they are replacing the charcoal canister as part of this service, is that correct? I definitely suffer from the gas fumes.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default just 2013 or other years too??

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post

Is this only for 2013 year or others as well ??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Is this only for 2013 year or others as well ??
    Only 2013 RT's.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic