Spyder Garage

Default Official Newbie!

I picked up my new ST-S on Friday at Caswell Cycle on Friday (Thanks Jamie!) -the Denim blue color. Thanks to all that I have read on Spyderlovers forums, I had the Baja Ron's sway bar put on, Spyderpops bumper/skid, and laser alignment done. The ride home was about 100 miles, but it went easier once I got on the interstate. I got more comfortable riding during that time, added about another 40 miles since then, and need to get some city driving in and further increase my comfort level. Supposed to be dry tomorrow so I'll get out again for a bit.

Grandsons were thrilled when they stopped over with mom & dad, even more when they sat on it and when they were able to rev the throttle slightly, then each got a slow ride (w/bike helmets) with me around a few blocks, lol.

I'm still mining info from the forums, but I would like to ask a question here- the owner's handbook says that for day driving I should use the high beams on the headlights; any opinions there?
    And do the fog lights really help visibility like it shows on the 2015 catalog?
    Thanks everyone!

Spyder Garage

​I have a '13 ST-S and always ride with my high beams on during the day. I want to be sure I am seen by cagers!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats a bunch

And to your high beam ?....I ALWAYS run on high beams during the day. My policeman son requested that I add more lights to the Spyder...sooooo I have added the Denali LED (got mine from Amazon) and they are hard wired into my hi/low beam...Also have the fog lights and then a bunch of TricLEDS...some illuminate when engine running...Yes cagers do not seem to see us and more lights certainly helps A BUNCH. (plus it increases your "cool" status!!! )
    The 'extras' you added were verrrrry good choices IMHO. enjoy the ryde and yep you have entered the "coolest grandparent status"....
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

to this site and the spyder world. Congrats on your new ryde.. depends on your driving. I do mostly backroads and daytime and only use low beams. If cagers need reminding then flash the high beams.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome!

Welcome from another newb! I got my 2013 ST-S on 5-15, so I hope you are enjoying your new Spyder as much as I am enjoying mine!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I always run with my low-beams, and fog lights...
    I save the high-beams for nighttime travel.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

now about the high beams i was told 4 years ago to use the high beams during the day light not only to be seen better but the low beams because of the sheld on the inside of the light make it look like you are flashing your lights so other drivers think you are missing with them so alwas use the high beams in the day light.if you dont bealeave me have some body drive in front of you and watch your lights on low beam and they will tell you it looks like you are flashing your lights.

Spyder Garage

and on your new purchase. Keep in touch with Caswell Cycle. They have planned rides each month, and you'll meet a great bunch of people there. Enjoy your new ride.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Default High beams

I always use high beams in daytime. Low beams look like they are blinking. Enjoy your new ride.

Spyder Garage

Congrats & welcome!!! I always run high beams but I thought it was my original idea. didn't know I was following the official procedure
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

and on your new ST-S.

RE: High beams--the setup on lights makes the regular beam appear to be blinking each and every time the reacts to the road (up/down). You can end of ticking off motorists who think that you are blinking your lights at them. Oncoming cars may flash their lights at you--or worse. I have even had cars pull over thinking I was an emergency vehicle.

Leaving the High beams on all the time seems to alleviate the "blinking" situation. Yes, the lights are bright, but I get little to no reaction from other vehicles in comparison to regular beam operation.

As a former Dulutian, I say welcome to the party.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

I always run with my low-beams, and fog lights...
    I save the high-beams for nighttime travel.

If they don't see that not sure how much having the hi-beams on will do.
    Any way Welcome Aboard!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    and on your new ST-S.

RE: High beams--the setup on lights makes the regular beam appear to be blinking each and every time the reacts to the road (up/down). You can end of ticking off motorists who think that you are blinking your lights at them. Oncoming cars may flash their lights at you--or worse. I have even had cars pull over thinking I was an emergency vehicle.

Leaving the High beams on all the time seems to alleviate the "blinking" situation. Yes, the lights are bright, but I get little to no reaction from other vehicles in comparison to regular beam operation.

As a former Dulutian, I say welcome to the party.
    And as a former Duluthian, you may understand when I say that I grew up on the Iron Range in Virginia but now in Duluth, so now I am officially a "Deranged Delusion"

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone! Just to avoid problems, I'll say that I've never used Skype, and I'm going to have to figure out how to post photos and add listed rides and my extras to my messages.
    I'll get it eventually, lol!

Spyder Garage

Smile Another newbie!

I just purchased the Can Am Spyder 2015 ST in the denim blue. Awesome color. This is my first time operating any type of bike other than the ones you pedal. I have had it for about a week now and have put 178 miles on it. I am gaining more confidence and becoming more proficient. Soon I hope everything will be 2nd nature to me. Right now I follow my husband who's on his Harley. I have one problem. I am a very small 60 year young not old woman. I am only 110 lbs and am 5'2". My problem is seeing over the windshield. It has the slide adjustment which is in the lowest position. At my eye level I barely see over the top of it and because of this my vision is distorted at times. This is due to the fact of catching the top of the windshield. I can put the windshield up but I do not like looking through it. Without having to buy the sports windshield does anyone have suggestions as what can be done? Can new holes be drilled to lower it or can the top be trimmed? I apologize for posting possibly in the wrong spot. I'm not sure how to start my own post.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny54 View Post
    I just purchased the Can Am Spyder 2015 ST in the denim blue. Awesome color. This is my first time operating any type of bike other than the ones you pedal. I have had it for about a week now and have put 178 miles on it. I am gaining more confidence and becoming more proficient. Soon I hope everything will be 2nd nature to me. Right now I follow my husband who's on his Harley. I have one problem. I am a very small 60 year young not old woman. I am only 110 lbs and am 5'2". My problem is seeing over the windshield. It has the slide adjustment which is in the lowest position. At my eye level I barely see over the top of it and because of this my vision is distorted at times. This is due to the fact of catching the top of the windshield. I can put the windshield up but I do not like looking through it. Without having to buy the sports windshield does anyone have suggestions as what can be done? Can new holes be drilled to lower it or can the top be trimmed? I apologize for posting possibly in the wrong spot. I'm not sure how to start my own post.

Welcome to Spyderlovers and congradulations on your new ride. You will have a lot better luck having your questions answered if you start your own thread. If you back out of this topic on the top left click on the red block "post new topic" and type away. Someone here will be sure to help.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    now about the high beams i was told 4 years ago to use the high beams during the day light not only to be seen better but the low beams because of the sheld on the inside of the light make it look like you are flashing your lights so other drivers think you are missing with them so alwas use the high beams in the day light.if you dont bealeave me have some body drive in front of you and watch your lights on low beam and they will tell you it looks like you are flashing your lights.

I read simewhere thus blinking issue only happens with RT Spyder. Does it happen with ST as well?
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats! Love the blue color

Congrats on the Spyder ... love the color!!!

I'm a supporting vendor here if in case you need some LEDs for safety features and etc.
    Caswel install our stuff also

Spyder Garage

Please join our marry group of riders on the next Caswell ride. May 13 and arrive before 10:00 am to sign in and meet the other riders. Last ride there were 22 Spyders. I had seen your Spyder at Caswell's (before it was yours) and it looks fantastic in that color!

Les
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue