Thread: tag light

Spyder Garage

Default tag light

beware. while working on f3 today I noticed my tag light lenz missing? at first I thought someone might have broken it off but it looks like it might have just fell off. it is held on by one screw and the hole does not look damaged. looks like it could have used some thread lock. new part Is $45.00. deertarget milton

Spyder Garage

Same problem with the '08 GS's the first yr. out. Siliconed my second one, around the lens and screw, and it's still in place.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Default tag light lens

Quote Originally Posted by miltonb View Post
    beware. while working on f3 today I noticed my tag light lenz missing? at first I thought someone might have broken it off but it looks like it might have just fell off. it is held on by one screw and the hole does not look damaged. looks like it could have used some thread lock. new part Is $45.00. deertarget milton
    i was at a rally in maggie valley aug 15th when i noticed my tag light lens was gone also.looked for replacement but can only find complete tag light assembly. why can't we buy just the replacement lens. and if they are falling off BRP should make replacement lens availible. my spyder is 3 weeks old i shouldn't have to buy a complete assembly for a new bike.

Spyder Garage

Default tag light

Custom Dynamics has a replacement that is $20. It also has a semitransparent lens for the rear reflector to show a wee more light from behind.

Sam Mancuso
    2015 F3-S and 2009 RS
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Spyder Garage

Default tag light lens

Quote Originally Posted by qasamm View Post
    Custom Dynamics has a replacement that is $20. It also has a semitransparent lens for the rear reflector to show a wee more light from behind.

Sam Mancuso
    2015 F3-S and 2009 RS
    thank you Sam. i'm posting link so others may find it. scroll to bottom for F3 lens.http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am..._reflector.htm

Spyder Garage

Default tag lens

Quote Originally Posted by lazor1 View Post
    thank you Sam. i'm posting link so others may find it. scroll to bottom for F3 lens.http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am..._reflector.htm
    here is why they are falling off. the screw hole is just sheetmetal stamped .allowing only 1 thread to engage. there was no locking compound on mine. don't know if thread locker would work on 1 thread. i might take it off and weld a nut behind to give more threads to hold. included is a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

You could use a threaded spire nut which would save the needed to weld.

One like this would work fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images