Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RSS rear fender?

I have a 2012 RSS that I ride in an area that's always having road repair, etc.. I like the look of the exposed top of the rear tire but mud gets all over the rear of the bike. Any suggestions? It wasn't a big problem in FL . Northern New England different story.......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Queasyrider View Post
    I have a 2012 RSS that I ride in an area that's always having road repair, etc.. I like the look of the exposed top of the rear tire but mud gets all over the rear of the bike. Any suggestions? It wasn't a big problem in FL . Northern New England different story.......
    There is a BRP sport fender available.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    There is a BRP sport fender available.
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find a picture.

Spyder Garage

Default Depends..!

Sport fenders will remove the oem and move up higher. Seems you will have more splatter. Could try a mud flap but haven't seen any full fenders...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default This is a pic of my spyder w/ rear fender

This is a pic of my Spyder with the sports fender. No issues with mud so far and it looks so much better than the stock rear fender (my personal opinion).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

One that I saw an 2011 RS with he added couple of brushes where attached to the back of the fender and just about touched the tire. Did you ever a large 18 wheeler UPS truck they have brushes at tires on the trailer. It looked like good idea.

Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default A FIX ?

I agree, so I added a 1 1/2 inch piece of very thin alumin. to the top of the fender.....this seemed to fix the problem......Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyda98 View Post
    This is a pic of my Spyder with the sports fender. No issues with mud so far and it looks so much better than the stock rear fender (my personal opinion).
    Does the sport fender extend down in front of the tire? The mud gets all over the bottom of the seat, shock, etc. and is very visible. Plainly, it looks terrible! It's hard to wash off and it's back again before you know it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I agree, so I added a 1 1/2 inch piece of very thin alumin. to the top of the fender.....this seemed to fix the problem......Mike
    Sounds great! Possibly use heavy (mudflap) rubber also. Thanks for the suggestion. Art

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Does the sport fender extend down in front of the tire? The mud gets all over the bottom of the seat, shock, etc. and is very visible. Plainly, it looks terrible! It's hard to wash off and it's back again before you know it.
    BTW thank you for the tip! Art

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    One that I saw an 2011 RS with he added couple of brushes where attached to the back of the fender and just about touched the tire. Did you ever a large 18 wheeler UPS truck they have brushes at tires on the trailer. It looked like good idea.

Mike
    Thanks Mike, I'll have to get creative with the brushes without looking a little odd.