Spyder Garage

Default PO174 vs Wiring Harness

I have a 2011 RT that I bought new. The first problem with the 174 error code appeared 10 miles after leaving the dealer. This problem has been non stop with numerous occasions of this error code. My dealer has followed the directions from Can Am and it has been fixed under warranty up until now. Last visit with this issue has only been 200 miles and it is back again. Dealer has said Can Am will not fix it again under my BEST Warranty but suggest they go through the wiring harness which will be a hefty bill to me. Has anyone experienced this error code related to the wiring harness?

Spyder Garage

P0174
    System too lean bank 2
    Injection and fuel supply system.
    Check injector and fuel supply system

I would check the vacuum hoses as this is a common failure especially on a 2011 that has time for the hoses to deteriorate and crack.

I cannot believe the dealer is telling you they wont fix this under warranty!!! Some BS slinging there if you ask me. I would call BRP Care and tell them your dealer is saying that! You might also look at going to another dealer!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

This is Just wrong. Call BRP Care. The dealer needs to find out why one cylinder is running lean and fix it. This should have been done within a week of buying it. Not as the warranty is expiring.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Agree..!!

you may have to change dealers this one is giving you the run around. Generally the vacuum hoses or the o2 sensors are the cause and the only one in the wiring is the sensor...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Fuel Injectors

I had a long history of this also. Vacuum tubing for the MAP sensor was replaced by me, was brittle and possibly leaking but code returned 1,000 miles later. Tech replaced O2 sensors under warranty and fuel filter as maintenance. Again OK for 1,000 miles, then code returned. Got BRP approval to replace the fuel injectors under warranty. That did it. For the first time I could actually tell the difference -- better cold-start idle, less backfiring on deceleration. I think we got it and it's held for thousands of miles now. Lean can be too much air (vacuum leaks), improper electronics (O2 sensors) or too little fuel (filter, injectors). Work from the least expensive to the most expensive -- the injectors by far. Expensive and a real PITA to replace. But BRP covered it all. There shouldn't be any question about it.

Every time I got the code, I was over 500 miles from home. Rode from West Virginia to eastern PA with the code; next time rode from northern Maine to eastern PA with the code. Let me tell you, my wife sitting behind me got very tired of seeing that flashing icon and the orange screen. Even tho' you can stop the orange screen temporarily, every time you come to a stop, it starts all over and you must do it again. Doesn't make for a fun trip with no worries.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Default Wisconsin Lemon Law

Quote Originally Posted by spyderlady11 View Post
    I have a 2011 RT that I bought new. The first problem with the 174 error code appeared 10 miles after leaving the dealer. This problem has been non stop with numerous occasions of this error code. My dealer has followed the directions from Can Am and it has been fixed under warranty up until now. Last visit with this issue has only been 200 miles and it is back again. Dealer has said Can Am will not fix it again under my BEST Warranty but suggest they go through the wiring harness which will be a hefty bill to me. Has anyone experienced this error code related to the wiring harness?
    Not sure if your state has a lemon law? In Wisconsin 3 times for the same problem and the manufacturer might have to take the vehicle back. Seems the dealer ERROR here is the assumption the code is false. Squeeky wheel gets lubed. I would be a real pain in the arse for this dealer