Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ST comfort seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Post ST comfort seat

How is this seat for long.trips? Is it worth replacing the original?

Spyder Garage

Mine is much better than the stock seat, but my rides are limited to an hour to an hour and a half ride because I still don't find these bikes that comfortable overall.

Maybe someone else can comment on a longer ride w these seats or a better seat...

Spyder Garage

I did 2.5 hours on the stock seat with no issues. I have since added the Alaska Leather sheep skin from my old ride just because it is comfortable hot or cold weather.

Spyder Garage

I have put almost 3000 miles on my new 2014. I do not like the seat for long rides. Uncomfortable. I need to replace it but not sure w what.

Spyder Garage

For me the stock seat was a lot more comfortable to sit on. BUT I didn't like the little forward tilt that it gave me. After riding longer distances I ended up with a pain in my right shoulder/upper back. So I picked up a used comfort seat. To me the comfort seat is not as comfortable to sit on but it got rid of some of that forward tilt. So the seat issue for me still goes on. My choice would be a Corbin Lamonster Cut but it is out of the question for a while.

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default Don't forget this option.

My wife and I quickly found we did not like the stock seat for more than the first hour on our '13 STL. We purchased Air Hawks and are happy as clams with them. We ride as much as we want with stops based on just getting off to stretch rather than monkey butt. Plus they were much much kinder on the pocket book. Ask others what their opinion is of this option.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post
    My wife and I quickly found we did not like the stock seat for more than the first hour on our '13 STL. We purchased Air Hawks and are happy as clams with them. We ride as much as we want with stops based on just getting off to stretch rather than monkey butt. Plus they were much much kinder on the pocket book. Ask others what their opinion is of this option.
    Did you have the sliding forward on the stock seat? If so, did the airhawk fix it? What model did you get?

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default sorry it took so long to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerd View Post
    Did you have the sliding forward on the stock seat? If so, did the airhawk fix it? What model did you get?
    We didn't have a problem with that but the seat was just not comfortable. I have the medium cruiser and she has the large pillion. However many riders are getting the R Cruiser and seem to be happy with it. You need to read the specs on both any make your choice. The most important thing with any of the Airhawks is if it is not comfortable, LET MORE AIR OUT, DON'T PUT MORE AIR IN.

Spyder Garage

Default Seats

Quote Originally Posted by Mia-araņa View Post

I road on the stock seat for 8000 miles. Didn't lack the softness and forward tilt. Back ached when I would ride for long periods of time. Added a sheepskin which got rid of monkey butt, but didn't really make more comfort.

Then changed to the comfort seat. This seat doesn't do the forward tilt but it is a hard brick and not comfortable. I found myself moving around all of the time just to be comfortable.

Took the plunge at spyderfest this year and got the Ultimate seat. I wasn't sure at first but wow...it has now been about 4000 miles and it is supportive without the forward tilt. I think i can comforatbly ride eight to ten hours in a day on it if need be. I love it. The support is better than the three options I tried previously.

Darla
    2013 Circuit Yellow STS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shoes8 View Post
    I road on the stock seat for 8000 miles. Didn't lack the softness and forward tilt. Back ached when I would ride for long periods of time. Added a sheepskin which got rid of monkey butt, but didn't really make more comfort.

Then changed to the comfort seat. This seat doesn't do the forward tilt but it is a hard brick and not comfortable. I found myself moving around all of the time just to be comfortable.

Took the plunge at spyderfest this year and got the Ultimate seat. I wasn't sure at first but wow...it has now been about 4000 miles and it is supportive without the forward tilt. I think i can comforatbly ride eight to ten hours in a day on it if need be. I love it. The support is better than the three options I tried previously.

Darla
    2013 Circuit Yellow STS
    Did it also help your back? My sts kills my upper back and if a new seat will fix I just might have to try!

Spyder Garage

I replaced my seat with the Ultimate seat immediately. In my opinion the best seat around.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

I'm 6'4" found that the comfort seat was not as comfortable as the syock seat, long or short rides. I bit the bullet and got a Russell seat. Love It! Had to have it built up for me.

Spyder Garage

After 5 plus hours on the stock seat it would really become unfortable for me and there is really not much seat in the back for my passenger. I also purchased an Ultimate seat with the driver backrest. As advertised you sit in it not on it. I also love the backrest and my wife absolutely loves the ride in the back seat now. We were in the saddle about 12 hours Friday, and I was ready to get off, But I was really hungry and ready for a beer.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default my ultimate comfort seat

have try my seat for the first time and have lots of woodpain and its hard and not as comfortable as the original, but i have Heard that you must use it many times then its super. Is that thrue ??

Spyder Garage

Default Caution

Just received my ultimate seat. Great quality, easy to install, comfortable to sit BUT you sit about 2 inches closer. I'm 5-11 and found my legs are cramped. Ok for short rides but after about twenty minutes, my legs needed to stretch out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BruceA View Post
    Just received my ultimate seat. Great quality, easy to install, comfortable to sit BUT you sit about 2 inches closer. I'm 5-11 and found my legs are cramped. Ok for short rides but after about twenty minutes, my legs needed to stretch out.
    Which Ultimate did you get? There's two different models; one that moves you 2 inches closer and one that for people comfortable with the stock positioning.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

Bruce, Ultimate makes a seat that does move you 2 inches closer ( which I have because I'm 5'3") and they also make one that moves you further back. Did you intentionally buy that seat to move you forward?

2015 F3-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    Which Ultimate did you get? There's two different models; one that moves you 2 inches closer and one that for people comfortable with the stock positioning.
    I order the model that they said would be the same position as the standard OEM seat. When I called the, they were very nice, confirmed that they shipped the standard seat and offered to take the seat back. The only problem is that they do not refund the freight and I have to pay the freight to send it back. All in all, it cost over a hundred and twenty dollars. I took photos of the two seats side by side and it's obvious that it sits closer by two inches.

It's on it's way back to them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brettssunshine View Post
    Bruce, Ultimate makes a seat that does move you 2 inches closer ( which I have because I'm 5'3") and they also make one that moves you further back. Did you intentionally buy that seat to move you forward?
    I ordered the standard seat that they said is the same position as the stock seat. I took the seat off and before I returned it, I put the seat side by side using the locking peg as my point of reference and sure enough, the Ultimate seat puts you 2" closer. When I called them, they assured me they sent the correct seat so it's on its way back. The exercise cost my over $120 in freight but I can't use the seat they sent.
    Nice looking ride!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ordered the standard seat that they said is the same position as the stock seat. I took the seat off and before I returned it, I put the seat side by side using the locking peg as my point of reference and sure enough, the Ultimate seat puts you 2" closer. When I called them, they assured me they sent the correct seat so it's on its way back. The exercise cost my over $120 in freight but I can't use the seat they sent.
    Nice looking ride!
    its strange that the Comfort seat is harder then the stock seat, does it get soft after a while ??
    if you read about it it says "Premium plush styling with stitched seat skin
    Custom saddle look and relaxed sitting position
    Increases driver and passenger comfort and reduces tailbone pressure
    Ideal for driving long distances

Spyder Garage

Default Followup on Ultimate Seat

I sent my Ultimate Seat back last Wednesday because it put me 2' closer although they claim it's in the same position.

Yesterday, Saturday, I received notice of the credit being issued to my credit card. THIS IS A REPUTABLE & OUTSTANDING COMPANY that I would do business with anytime.

Spyder Garage

Nice looking ride!

Very odd! I ordered the Ultimate seat and I did not want to be any closer and I am NOT. I also ordered the seat that was supposed to put you in the same position. If anything I am slightly farther back and definitely more upright. I would get a sore butt on the stock Limited seat after 5 to 6 hours. Now with the ultimate seat I am good 8 to 12 hours without a problem. WE love this seat as my wife also finds the passenger seat far more comfortable than the stock.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Very odd! I ordered the Ultimate seat and I did not want to be any closer and I am NOT. I also ordered the seat that was supposed to put you in the same position. If anything I am slightly farther back and definitely more upright. I would get a sore butt on the stock Limited seat after 5 to 6 hours. Now with the ultimate seat I am good 8 to 12 hours without a problem. WE love this seat as my wife also finds the passenger seat far more comfortable than the stock.

I don't get the 5-6 hours you speak of?

2 hours and I have to get off the bike!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default comfort seat in rain?

What happend if if the seat get wet? if i rain on it?? i know one here in Sweden but he has a RT and the seat was like a spunge full of water!! Is this meaning you cant drive if it rains??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default AIR BAG

Get an AIR HAWK air bag and save your money