Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ST comfort seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Linedrawer View Post
    What happend if if the seat get wet? if i rain on it?? i know one here in Sweden but he has a RT and the seat was like a spunge full of water!! Is this meaning you cant drive if it rains??
    So as no one cant answer me? is this seat not made for rain???

Spyder Garage

There's gotta be something wrong with that seat linedrawer, my RT seat just carried the Missus & me thru 5 DAYS of fairly heavy rain & it's still not soggy!! We spent about 8 hours a day in the saddle, & I did put a 1/2 cover on the bike overnight when it was parked outside. But the seat's fine, we were comfortable (gotta get off every couple of hours or there-abouts to refuel & have a coffee, but apart from that....) Sure, the seat got a little rain on it while we were riding & more when it was sitting out in the rain, but nothing soaked in & it was always fine to just get on & ride on!

I've ridden on a lot of far worse m/cycle seats & some very uncomfortable m/cycle seats; I learnt thru painful experience to NEVER put a sheepskin cover on a m/bike seat & ride in the rain again; and I really think that BRP did a pretty good job of making a reasonable seat for most of their potential riders...

Spyder Garage

I replaced my seat with an ultimate seat and I am glad I did. The seat did place me a little closer. I did not notice it at the handlebars, bur, with the brake, but, I've gotten used to it. It was also hard at first, but, has softened. I ordered the backrest and it easily adjusts. If you get an ultimate seat, it needs to be broken in so give it a few rides before you decide.