Spyder Garage

Default CanAm trailer seal

As I was cleaning up the Spyders and trailers after our recent trip I noticed that the neoprene seal on my wife's RT 622 trailer had come loose. This is a trailer we bought in 2010 to match her first RT. Since then it has been repainted and the seal was applied by the dealer back in 2011 as a warranty item put out by Can Am to fix the water coming into the trailer problem. When I bought the trailer for my Spyder that seal was already in place.

I tried to re-attach the seal with adhesive but I can't seem to get it to stay in place. It seems like the neoprene has shrunk. I looked up the part number for the seal set (293250224) and it isn't that expensive at $39.95 but I don't really like the idea of cementing it to a surface where it will just pull away again.

Has anyone found a better seal for the two tops on the RT 622? I'm wondering if there is a weatherstripping product made with a lip that would fit better around those two tops. Failing that, has anyone found a cement that will dry quickly enough to hold the factory neoprene in place or is there a way to apply the adhesive that I am missing?
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Default neoprene seal

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    As I was cleaning up the Spyders and trailers after our recent trip I noticed that the neoprene seal on my wife's RT 622 trailer had come loose. This is a trailer we bought in 2010 to match her first RT. Since then it has been repainted and the seal was applied by the dealer back in 2011 as a warranty item put out by Can Am to fix the water coming into the trailer problem. When I bought the trailer for my Spyder that seal was already in place.

I tried to re-attach the seal with adhesive but I can't seem to get it to stay in place. It seems like the neoprene has shrunk. I looked up the part number for the seal set (293250224) and it isn't that expensive at $39.95 but I don't really like the idea of cementing it to a surface where it will just pull away again.

Has anyone found a better seal for the two tops on the RT 622? I'm wondering if there is a weatherstripping product made with a lip that would fit better around those two tops. Failing that, has anyone found a cement that will dry quickly enough to hold the factory neoprene in place or is there a way to apply the adhesive that I am missing?
    Good Morning
    At Spyderfest this year I also noticed that the noeprene seal on our 622 Trailer had "separated" (The round top piece from the bottom inverted U shape) No way to fix it so I went looking online for a replacement. I found the OEM part number 293250047 at 2WheelPros.com
    Their price was only $17.27 for a 10' piece. It is used on the trailer both front and rear seal and also the Frunk of the RT.
    My original seal lasted 5 years, so I guess I'll get another five years out of this set.
    Our life verse:
    Jeremiah 29:11
    2010 RT , Custom air brushed

Spyder Garage

JT's machine shop. Look Here.

We don't know what we don't know...

2013 RT Limited
    2012 RT-622 Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default If all fails...

Check your local body shops. They have a variety of seals and the knowledge...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CruiseRT View Post
    JT's machine shop. Look Here.
    That looks to be just the seal and not the part it is attached to.

Anyone know if the factory part is a complete assembly? I'd like to just snap it in place and not have to glue anything.

The plastic piece snaps on the trailer lip and the neoprene is attached to it. I cut the neoprene away where it ripped away as it was hanging out of the trailer.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Harvey (Spyderpops) makes a seal for this, but he is on vacation until next week, if you can wait, i would ask him about his replacement seal, i think it goes on without any adhesive.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Received my order from 2WheelPros.com

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulBen View Post
    Good Morning
    At Spyderfest this year I also noticed that the noeprene seal on our 622 Trailer had "separated" (The round top piece from the bottom inverted U shape) No way to fix it so I went looking online for a replacement. I found the OEM part number 293250047 at 2WheelPros.com
    Their price was only $17.27 for a 10' piece. It is used on the trailer both front and rear seal and also the Frunk of the RT.
    My original seal lasted 5 years, so I guess I'll get another five years out of this set.
    Since I wrote the above comment, I received the much awaited for package from 2WheelPros.com.
    NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER
    On their website it shows the actual parts diagram from CanAm along with part numbers and quantity needed to replace. On this item number 293250047, it clearly shows "Required for assembly: 1"
    So....I ordered quantity of 3, thinking I would replace all three seals at one time.

What I received today was 3-METERS, in one plain plastic bag, no "CanAm" listed anywhere. I called them up, explained what happened and then they put me on hold for 10 minutes to "verify" that is what I ordered.
    He said that it "is CanAm", but they buy it in bulk, and sell it by the meter.
    Very mis-leading to the consumer.
    I had to argue that, "that is not what I wanted". I wanted the OEM part in the original packaging.
    I finally quit arguing, told him that since I used AMEX card, I would simply call AMEX and have them void the charge. At that point, he said he would send an RA (return authorization) via email, and I could send it back for a credit.
    I then went online to the BRP parts store and ordered it direct from BRP.
    So....save yourself the frustration I went thru by buying it from an authorized BRP dealer,
    or the BRP parts website.
    Our life verse:
    Jeremiah 29:11
    2010 RT , Custom air brushed