Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default "It's so much fun to go to the beach on my Spyder"

My wife and I have been on a trip all week on our Spyders and the other morning as I was taking off the Spyder covers and getting ready to leave the motel, a lady came up to me in the parking lot and exclaimed...""oooohhhh... you have a Spyder just like mine!"

She was very well dressed and was getting into a top of the line Mercedes and her manner and attitude projected the image that her station in life was very high indeed.

"Oh you are from Georgia. How in the world did you get these Spyders here? Did you have them shipped or do you have a trailer?

"No", I explained, "we rode them here just as we ride them everywhere."

"You mean, you actually take them out on the busy highways... I never would do that with mine", she said.

"We have a home in Boca Raton and another home on the gulf side over in Naples, and my husband arranges to have my Spyder shipped for me from house to house. I like to ride it to the beach but my first Spyder was terribly hot on my legs as I like to wear my shorts and sandals to the beach. When my husband learned the newer ones aren't as hot on the legs he bought me a new one this year. You know, it seems just as hot driving to the beach as the other one was. It's good it is only a few minutes to drive there. I just can't believe you would ride one of these all the way from Georgia."

With that she lowered herself in the S550 coupe, flicked her diamond dressed hand and left the lot.

I think I prefer my way to enjoy a Spyder.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

​It's a shame. She really doesn't know what she is missing.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

​Well...There's toys and then there are toys......she needs to get some perspective IMHO!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

if you ever see her again, please get her number for me

Spyder Garage

To each their own...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    if you ever see her again, please get her number for me
    I actually snorted I laughed so hard
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Yikes..!!

wonder how her clutch was doing.. didn't have it long enough to notice it was burning up. New one will be fine new clutch. Wow from Boca to Naples..what is that..a two hour ryde she could really enjoy the everglades...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I actually snorted I laughed so hard
    what's so funny, she might be tired of her husband she can look me up in the phone book under DESPERATE AND DREAMING

Spyder Garage

More money than sense.

Spyder Garage

Criminal I say, just criminal.....More money than common sense I guess. I wonder what her husband is doing while he has her and her Spyder shipped "away". Just proves that money aint everything.
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Wonder if they'd adopt?

john

Spyder Garage

Really, her ideals at having fun don't mesh with yours, so you poke fun at her? Where is the spyder love I hear so much about?

I agree with retread; he has the right idea.

Spyder Garage

what's so funny, she might be tired of her husband she can look me up in the phone book under DESPERATE AND DREAMING

Just for you, John...

She had short blonde hair....was about 30-35 year's old.... a curvaceous figure to dream about..a low cut pink sweater that didn't leave much to the imagination as to what was underneath.... plus she was extremely good looking.

Dream on.... https://youtu.be/aU44W5W9lqg
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

that's like the photo's of justin bieber riding his spyder, makes me wonder if i made the right choice

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Really, her ideals at having fun don't mesh with yours, so you poke fun at her? Where is the spyder love I hear so much about?

You are being serious.... correct??

My Spyder love is in the right place. I just hate to see them abused or misused. I think she qualifies on both counts.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Just for you, John...

She had short blonde hair....was about 30-35 year's old.... a curvaceous figure to dream about..a low cut pink sweater that didn't leave much to the imagination as to what was underneath.... plus she was extremely good looking.

Dream on.... https://youtu.be/aU44W5W9lqg
    if she was that good looking, i don't want her. i would worry too much that i would lose her

Spyder Garage

FWIW, Boca is part of Palm Beach county and is known for having some high end lifestyles. Yes she probably does ride the Spyder to the beach, and they probably do have more than just the two homes, as for her Mercedes, no doubt that is one of several cars, would not be at all surprised to learn they have some very high end sports cars also. Probably a corporate jet too.

None of what was mentioned even bothers me. Smoking hot women with wealthy men is not uncommon. Who knows, maybe she has the money and he is a toy for her. This is South Florida so you accept a lot.

Also, as for shipping the Spyder from east coast to west coast of Florida. The drive is not exactly fun across Alligator Alley. It is better than years ago, but it has been known as a dangerous road, and honestly it is super boring. Better trip is SR80 from West Palm to Ft Myers then South to Naples. Sadly though, this adds another hour or more.

She is not into riding at all, the Spyder is simply a novelty to probably let her stand out from others, nothing more. More than likely Sugar Daddy enjoys flaunting his girl and this is one more way to do it. The Spyder cost is doubtful a concern, they may have made more in one hour while doing nothing.

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I was younger, one of my father's friends told me that if you marry for money, you'll end up earning it the hard way!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To each his/her own. She has a Spyder and likes it! She rydes where it's fun for her. Good for her. Some make fun of people who trailer their Spyders to events instead of ryding there. Some (not many) look down on the SE and don't think it's "real" without the SM. Some 2-wheelers look down on Spyders as "not real motorcycles."

I don't think it abuses the Spyder to ryde on the beach. She may have staff who immediately wash it every time she takes it out.

Let it go.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    To each his/her own. She has a Spyder and likes it! She rydes where it's fun for her. Good for her. Some make fun of people who trailer their Spyders to events instead of ryding there. Some (not many) look down on the SE and don't think it's "real" without the SM. Some 2-wheelers look down on Spyders as "not real motorcycles."

I don't think it abuses the Spyder to ryde on the beach. She may have staff who immediately wash it every time she takes it out.

Let it go.
    i would think the sang can get into places where it doesn't belong and cause problems

Spyder Garage

i would think the sang can get into places where it doesn't belong and cause problems

You're getting in pretty deep, now boy.

Next you'll be suggesting she trade the Spyder for a crotch rocket.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    You're getting in pretty deep, now boy.

Next you'll be suggesting she trade the Spyder for a crotch rocket.
    i can't ride crotch rockets so i would never recommend it

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERLOVERS

I hope you told her about SL and SF If she likes it, she can get her friends to join, MORE THE BETTER

Spyder Garage

Default Here She Is!

Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    Actually, pretty comical, though sometimes true, not all but some of it.

If you look close, notice these high rollers in the video even have gold plated nose strut, leading edge and engine inlet bright work. The plating on the second Falcon Jets interior is not uncommon.

The drive across the hangar in separate cars is classic.

Something many people may not realize, there are some couples that have his and hers corporate jets. An insurance requirement that they both never fly on the same aircraft. If the aircraft were to crash and kill both, the payout and legal stuff would be staggering. Yes it does get that crazy.

The woman that rides to the beach and back, no big deal. Maybe not what we consider good use of the machine, but it does have a purpose.

PK