Thread: RT floorboards

Spyder Garage

Default RT floorboards

When I got my new RT a couple of weeks ago I mentioned to the dealer that I would probably want to add floorboards. He said the BRP set was $1000 and when I said I could find something cheaper, he showed me how the BRP boards "break away" and said that was needed. Is that true or was he just trying to sell me expensive floorboards?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It IS a pretty nice safety feature...
    I don't know if you HAVE to have it; I never had anything like it, when I had my 2010 RT equipped with ISCI floorboards...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I think Lamont had at least one occasion to use that feature.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Check out Seal Floorboards. A site sponser. The seals are made to fit over the RT peg part (rubber removed). There is no requirement that you need break away floorboards--it is just a safety feature.

The Seals come with a brake pedal riser--so makes the need for a breakaway floorboard a moot issue.

I had Seals on my 2010 RT (DLX) and also on my 2011 RT (PUPS). The 2014 came with floorboards, so no changes there.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-07-2015 at 02:13 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Check out Seal Floorboards. A site sponser. The seals are made to fit over the RT peg part (rubber removed). There is no requirement that you need break away floorboards--it is just a safety feature.

The Seals come with a brake pedal riser--so makes the need for a breakaway floorboard a moot issue.

I had Seals on my 2010 RT and also on my 2011 RT. The 2014 came with floorboards, so no changes there.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Web boards

I have a set of web boards and find them absolutely fantastic - sturdy, reliable and stylish (take a look at some pics):

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...chmentid=87575

They also come with a brake pedal riser which I find very handy:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...4&d=1399172702
    2012 RT-S SE5 with Web Boards, custom graphics and battery tender leads

Spyder Garage

I like the look of the Seal DLX and will probably go with those. Thanks for the information.