Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I regards to output from the built in amp, that may require a call to the manufacturer. I do not recall who it is, but did read it off the label. Believe they are made in the US.

PK
    The RT radio is made by RadioSound and is called NTouch.

http://www.radiosound.com/

But you are not going to get any info from them! They only give it to manufacturers

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Want to add that we recently purchased an I Pod for the Spyder. Purchased a new generation I Pod Nano and the Apple adapter connecter that converts the new style small Apple plug to the Spyders old style Apple plug.

So far everything seems to work fine. However when trying to change albums, the Spyder seems to prefer and always comes back to Alan Jackson...

SO, we rode last night for a bit. Simply impressed by the entire audio package when using the I Pod to play the music. The music played during the ride had Kenny Chesney, Off Spring, Alan Jackson, a couple of 80's songs and maybe more.

Everything played with super clarity, volume was capable, and the wife commented several times on how she really thought the system was awesome.

Overall, I am considering removing the hidden antenna and reverting back to the original antenna setup. This will allow me to compare and verify if the hidden setup is picking up noise that carries into the speakers.

I Pods and JBLs so far for us are a very good setup.

Next will be to sort out an I Pod mount in the trunk.

PK
    Velcro works well.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Default Added an external amp and wow

Just added a alpine 45 x 4 inline amp to my 2ohm JBL Gto 528 & 428 and wow what a difference just made great greater now I'm gonna need better speakers I mean it sounds great at full volume but my amp gains are set to zero so thinking about getting better speakers

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ADDED - AMP

Quote Originally Posted by PR Spyder rt View Post
    Just added a alpine 45 x 4 inline amp to my 2ohm JBL Gto 528 & 428 and wow what a difference just made great greater now I'm gonna need better speakers I mean it sounds great at full volume but my amp gains are set to zero so thinking about getting better speakers
    Hi, I'm the guy who discovered and pioneered the 2 ohm JBL revolution...... The folks here who tried them , have loved them..... I see you have 428 size in the rear ..... I switched mine out for JBL GTO 508c's ( 5.25" with a higher capability for Volume ).... and that made a hugh difference for the rear sound ..they have more Base than the 4" size ..... If you look for ( better ) speakers, If they are .. 4 ohm .. you may not see any improvement..... I know the rear hole can be enlarged to fit the 508c, but other 5.25 speakers may be too big ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Hi, I'm the guy who discovered and pioneered the 2 ohm JBL revolution...... The folks here who tried them , have loved them..... I see you have 428 size in the rear ..... I switched mine out for JBL GTO 508c's ( 5.25" with a higher capability for Volume ).... and that made a hugh difference for the rear sound ..they have more Base than the 4" size ..... If you look for ( better ) speakers, If they are .. 4 ohm .. you may not see any improvement..... I know the rear hole can be enlarged to fit the 508c, but other 5.25 speakers may be too big ..... good luck .... Mike
    Well once again I thank you Mike the reason I originally got the Gto's was because of you and all your post and yes its definitely a great improvement but now that I added the alpine Inline amo wow its awesome I may have to try these 508 c. Did you go 508c on all 4 spots or just rears also I saw them on ebay it looks like the tweeter is mounted separately is this so and if it is where did you mount it
    Last edited by PR Spyder rt; 06-05-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPEAKER SWAP

Quote Originally Posted by PR Spyder rt View Post
    Well once again I thank you Mike the reason I originally got the Gto's was because of you and all your post and yes its definitely a great improvement but now that I added the alpine Inline amo wow its awesome I may have to try these 508 c. Did you go 508c on all 4 spots or just rears also I saw them on ebay it looks like the tweeter is mounted separately is this so and if it is where did you mount it
    I sent you a PM with answers ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Got it thanks mike