Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Midland Portable CB -Bluetooth

Just installed Ram mount and portable Cb on handlebars. I have a Sena SR10 strapped to the CB just to keep everything close and easy to remove.
    Can anyone tell me if there is going to be interference with the CB from the Sena SR10.
    I also want to try a Cherokee 24" rubber duck antenna before I install a Firestick NGP antenna. I just need to get in contact with the bikes around me no great distance.Here is a picture

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I have the same setup but mounted the SR on the back wall of the frunk and a riding buddy wired it up for power. No interference at all and no need to ever charge the Sena - when the bike is on it's on, when the bike is off it's off. Works great!
    ​Jeff

2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze (aka "The Bronze Beauty")
    Ultimate faux crocodile seat, backrest , and armrests in cognac-/black, Luggage nets, luggage, drink holders, top mirror, shorty antenna, SENA SMH10 headsets and SMR10 dongle, Garmin 665lm, Tri-pouch, Trunk mount flag poles, Custom Dynamics vent covers, Show Crome Luggage Rack, custom mud flap, Full Size Brake Pedal, Tricled mirror turn signals, LED strips on rear of front fenders, custom highway pegs, BakerBuilt Air Wings w/ Uppers
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

The Sena and CB should not interfere with each other as they are on vastly different frequencies however it is possible the CB can cause some "brute force" interference to the Sena when transmitting. Like the CB'er next door getting into your stereo system at home. I moved my SR-10 out of the way and use the supplied little PTT switch, which takes up much less handlebar space and is easy to reach with a finger or thumb.
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Nope...no interference. I have mine in the trunk just as close as yours. Also next to the SM10. No problem. I am using the Firestick attached to my luggage rack with the mirror clamp. Distance is not as good as a base type unit but that is a product of the wattage. As you stated I only need to communicate with other riders.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

Cool Portable CB

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    The Sena and CB should not interfere with each other as they are on vastly different frequencies however it is possible the CB can cause some "brute force" interference to the Sena when transmitting. Like the CB'er next door getting into your stereo system at home. I moved my SR-10 out of the way and use the supplied little PTT switch, which takes up much less handlebar space and is easy to reach with a finger or thumb.
    Ok, for someone who knows nothing about wiring, me!, I'd like to set up my 2014 RTL like you have done. Anyway you can step my step this process? I'd like to be able to commucate to fellow riders. Thanks in Advanced.

Spyder Garage

Default CB

When I tried this same setup with just the normal Cobra short antenna the feedback to my buddies Honda blew out his ears with feedback.
    Could it be the short antenna?

Ride Safe

Feo

Spyder Garage

FYI, this is on my bucket list.

Also FYI, I may now know how to use the Spyder's push to talk button. But I have to confirm this. Turns out you can actually tap off the PTT button wire going to the radio without effecting the can-buss.
    Another Spyder owner helped me out with some info on this.

Anyway some day I am going to get to this project.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default cb

OK how do we tap into the PTT button?

thanks
    Geo

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post

Also FYI, I may now know how to use the Spyder's push to talk button. But I have to confirm this. Turns out you can actually tap off the PTT button wire going to the radio without effecting the can-buss.

Bob
    Bob- I was thinking about adding a small, stickon waterproof button that would be actuated by the pushing of the PTT. Ideas?

Spyder Garage

At this point all I know is that the color of the wires of the PTT button go direct to the radio RD0-1 connector.
    Spacetiger told me if you take apart the left grip assembly you can see the wire colors.
    Then go on the radio's main connector and it will be right there in the radio connector wires.
    He said he tapped onto those for a CB and a ham radio and ran them to the key up button on the CB or for the midland, the PTT jack.

When I talked to him he did not remember the pin / wire color at the radio so you have to go find it which is what I was going to do when I got around to this project.

PM me for more info.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Bob

Get off you butt you lazy bum and finish this project......hahahahaha.

You have been a great help concerning Sena and Bluetooth. As you know I am hoping you can get the built in PTT button to work without a Rocket Science DIY degree. Good luck and watch out for that commute traffic you deal with daily.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

Well first I have to get around to buying the midland CB and a SR10!

Someone want to get that for me and it will really speed up me working on this

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Well first I have to get around to buying the midland CB and a SR10!

Someone want to get that for me and it will really speed up me working on this

Bob
    Bob I have an extra SR10 with midland radio adapter I would sell. The adapter cable was $20 I think. I would sell them both for $100 if you're interested. I bought 2 of them and tried to make it so my wife could use the same cb that I was. It worked but not well. Anyway if you're interested let me know.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests