Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I find most fellow riders give some kind of a wave. The only time I do not wave is when I am to busy driving.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I try to acknowledge any on coming bike...of course safety takes precedence and there are times when I don't because of that. When my wife is the passenger then she assigned the duty of three finger salute.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    Bad Snoopy... show the paw.

Ohsnap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    For us, waving to or being waved at is kinda cool, but it is not a requirement, that if not executed, will ruin our day. I have seen too many threads posted where it seems people get really stretched out about one opinion or other involving when, how, why to wave. We don't ride to see how many people wave at us. We ride to enjoy the ability to do so...feel the wind, smell the fresh cut grass, the lawns being watered. When I start counting who waves, I am going to stop riding, and that ain't gonna happen as long as I am physically able to. We don't have time to worry about such things. Our lives and the enjoyments thereof are what makes us thankful.

Don't forget smelling all the great foods people are cooking.

That's what inspires me sometimes for what we are having for dinner.

It's all about the next meal right?

lol

Spyder Garage

I think while riding my Spyder in the last year and a half I have only seen maybe 3 Spyders before. I'm sure I waved to them.

Spyder Garage

Default Waving

I wave at everybody if safety allows, if they wave back great if not I hope I showed them some good road manners because teaching children good manners is important.
    Loving the RYDE

Spyder Garage

I almost always wave at other motorcycles and <i>always</i> wave at Spyders. I even wave at construction workers if they wave first.

While meandering through the Kentucky and Virginia countryside I saw a two-wheeler followed by an F3. I think it was a female riding the F3; I was afraid she was going to fall off she was waving so enthusiastically.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

You wave at construction workers because they have helmets on? Lol

Guess you wave at football players too?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I think over 90% of Spyder ryders and 80% of 2 wheelers waved back at me. Maybe they recognized you LOL. 😀
    We all love ya, Joe!
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wave to everybody on two or three wheels... The scooters and mopeds might just be the future of our sport.
    ...And I never look for the return wave; it's not that important to me...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default for me, if safe, then wave...

I try to throw everyone a peace sign. For Spyders, I do the peace and a thumb for the 3 wheelers!

We do have 3-piece patch folks in OK that will not acknowledge bikers unless they are wearing a cut and colors. I wave at them anyway.

My wife and I went to a 1% clubhouse for a save-the-patch event. We were in polos and slacks on our Spyders. Got many strange looks. After hanging around and mingling for a bit, one of the enforcers came over and talked for a bit. Then led us back to where the good BBQ was and showed us some of the best seats for the live band. So he obviously didnt care what we were wearing or what we rode! Kudos to him!!!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    For us, waving to or being waved at is kinda cool, but it is not a requirement, that if not executed, will ruin our day. I have seen too many threads posted where it seems people get really stretched out about one opinion or other involving when, how, why to wave. We don't ride to see how many people wave at us. We ride to enjoy the ability to do so...feel the wind, smell the fresh cut grass, the lawns being watered. When I start counting who waves, I am going to stop riding, and that ain't gonna happen as long as I am physically able to. We don't have time to worry about such things. Our lives and the enjoyments thereof are what makes us thankful.
    you have grass down there Dudley? In my town of 23000 it is hard to find grass anymore because of the high cost of water. It costs more to take a bath than to fuel up your bike it seems.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

After riding 2 wheels since 1967 (none of them a Harley) and "suffering" from the snide yuppy Harley Riders of the last 15 yrs I have come to the conclusion that (and this is for real not a joke) the oldster (like myself) tend to wave to every biker, including scooters AND mopeds. These are the riders that have suffered thru the Harley and Triumph puke days of the 70's and mid 80's. Everyone waved to everyone.

Now the younger ppl are snobbish to what they are riding. They tend to identify themselves to the bike (that is so sad). Not only Harley's but Beamers, triumph, sports riders etc etc. The camaraderie is now defined by the bike or style and not the fact that a person is enjoying the open air.

My way of dealing with it is I tend to wait to see what the cruiser coming at me does. If he is dressed in new leather and wearing a bandana I don't expect a wave. If on a sport bike the snub is there. If on a scooter they get surprised that anyone waves to them and in attempt to wave back quickly they "wobble" all over the place.

Last weekend I gave a high thumbs up to a spyder Rt coming toward me who was riding with Harleys. He ignored me. Guess he bought into the Harley clique. hahaha

I no longer get upset. In my early days another biker would have been "spoken" to for the rudeness. Now I chalk it up to the newest generation of me me me and proper respect and politeness not being a part of their upbringing.

JMHO based on 48 yrs of riding observation. Enjoy the ryde and let the snobs enjoy their world.

PS...Let me point out that I split my time with the people that ride Harleys and Scooters. All I ask is to enjoy.
    Last edited by Vidman; 05-05-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    I'm one of those riders that wave at everybody that I see. It doesn't matter what you ride, two wheels, three wheels, moped, crotch bikes, cruisers or touring bikes. I don't always get a wave back but at least I did my part of reconizing you as a brother who rides.
    Same here!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I like to wave to all bikers, not everyone waves back. I don't take it personally I just figure they either didn't see me or they are having a bad day. It is up to me to brighten their day with a wave and a smile, if they don't like it screw them!

Justcalldon

Spyder Garage

Interesting thread... On the way home, I did get waves from almost all the bikes and a couple nods from construction crew guys too.

Didn't pass any Spyders, but met some at a gas station. We chatted for a while and I followed them for a while. Camaraderie at it's best!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER RIDERS WAVING

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban Spyder View Post
    They were probably tired from waving at everyone at Spyderfest.
    .............Joe, on Tues. every Spyder rider I saw waved.......Wed......90 %.......Thurs .........60 %..........Fri.....45 % or less............by then they were just WAVED OUT Joe ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Waving

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    While on a trip to Spyderfest and while at Spyderfest and on the way home from Spyderfest, almost every two wheeler waved to me, about 50% of the Spyders waved to me

What's up with that???

Don't complain too much about other bikers waving when we won't even acknowledge each other.

How many of us have seen this same thing??

Cruzr Joe
    Most of the Spyders Westbound waved , but about a third did not. I want to believe because our Spyders are making bikers out of first time riders who don't understand. They will soon , as the notice all the people who wave at them.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    While on a trip to Spyderfest and while at Spyderfest and on the way home from Spyderfest, almost every two wheeler waved to me, about 50% of the Spyders waved to me

What's up with that???

Don't complain too much about other bikers waving when we won't even acknowledge each other.

How many of us have seen this same thing??

Cruzr Joe
    I've noticed that some. Not sure what is up with that. Now, I've missed a few on a divided highway that my wife saw and waved to but I have waved at some spyders that I know that they looked at me and never raised a finger. ?????[emoji47]ikes; [emoji47]ikes; [emoji45]ikes

Thanks,
    Steve

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .............Joe, on Tues. every Spyder rider I saw waved.......Wed......90 %.......Thurs .........60 %..........Fri.....45 % or less............by then they were just WAVED OUT Joe ......Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I wave to all bikes of all kinds. Cause I want to with no expectations

And never even give a moments concern to if the wave is returned. I wave because I love saying "hi" to others that are enjoying wind in their face.
    Heck I wave to anyone I notice.
    AND I work really hard to get train engineers to "blow the whistle"...not doing so well there. 1 in 10. Now lwryd Dave he gets about every third one to "blow the whistle". Gotta learn his technique.
    Gotta go...coffee ready...time to pack and keep heading WEST toward home sweet home...2 more days!!!

Spyder Garage

Do they sell a hand on a spring that I can attach to the left side of my Spyder ?,or maybe 4 on each side.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default GLOVE ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Do they sell a hand on a spring that I can attach to the left side of my Spyder ?,or maybe 4 on each side.
    .......No, ...but at Spyderfest.... I / we ( Seth ) met a really interesting Lady who might get you a Hugh Mickey Mouse glove, that I think would work very nicely..........................Seth, I just couldn't leave this one alone ...........U-TURN ......Mike

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Gotta Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It can happen to anybody...

Who's the guy with the tie?????? Certainly doesn't look like a friend of John Sebastain
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.