Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Lamont ... New f3

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This is not the end of the story. I bought $300.00 worth of tickets to help encourage others to reach their goal. I never even considered winning but for some reason I did and I'm going to sleep on it and pray about it and talk it over with my wife and we will do what feels right....owning that Spyder doesn't feel right but neither did walking away from the winning ticket. I won't be pressured one way or the other from public opinion and I'll follow my heart as always.
    Hey,
    you put up a lot of money...for a good cause, and to encourage participation...you bought chances like everyone else! Congratulation! Whatever you decide, all of us that are your friends are with you.

Ron

Spyder Garage

For the record here, Lamont and Copperman both are a friend of mine, and I support Copperman for voicing his views, and I also watched Lamonts reaction when they called his name as the winner, he was truly shocked, and humbled. I say he put his money in just like the rest of us and he won fair and square. I was sitting in the front row watching when the ticket was drawn by Lens (Pitbull) young son and there was no way that was not a fair draw. I say congratulations to Lamont.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    For the record here, Lamont and Copperman both are a friend of mine, and I support Copperman for voicing his views, and I also watched Lamonts reaction when they called his name as the winner, he was truly shocked, and humbled. I say he put his money in just like the rest of us and he won fair and square. I was sitting in the front row watching when the ticket was drawn by Lens (Pitbull) young son and there was no way that was not a fair draw. I say congratulations to Lamont.

Cruzr Joe

Even if Lamont had decided to keep the prize F3 for himself, it's up to him. He won it fair & square!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Road Warrior Raffle

Those who know me ...
    know that I am not Religious but I am extremely Spiritual.
    I am a true believer of all things happening for a reason.
    I really feel that this situation happened for a reason.*
    Anyone who truly knows Lamont and can call him a Friend...
    Knows that this has put a huge burden upon his Heart and Mind.
    How sad that such an amazing streak of Luck would bring a heavy Heart.
    I saw the look on his face when his number was called.
    I saw the utter disbelief that this had actually happened.
    The thing that struck me was that the look was not a look of absolute Happiness or Joy as anyone else in his shoes would have had because his number was drawn and He had won something amazing after he was in his mind making a contribution to an absolute amazing Cause...
    *But , it was a look of almost panic.*
    I can't imagine being in the positIon that Lamont was in.*
    Winning something that many can only dream of. ..
    But,* feeling as if your Integrity would be questioned by so many others...
    *Including others that want to call you their Friend.*
    I feel this was truly a Blessing.
    Not only to Lamont and his beautiful new Wife. ..
    As I am sure this is one of the biggest decisions that they as a Couple are having to come to agreement upon...
    But, a true blessing that was entrusted to one of the very few Men that I know who would use this situation to do good and show others what trusting your Faith and putting it in the hands of the one and only whom you feel will never let you down or lead your Heart astray.
    It is a Blessing in disguise.
    Lamont will feel the Support and Love of his TRUE Friends that are happy for him as he has done so much for so many others ...
    But,* He has also been given an opportunity to once again show a Community of People what it means to have such am amazing Faith that he can wake with a lighter Heart after such a Heavy burden was placed upon it.*
    To know and feel confident that no matter what others feel. ..
    *You only did what you felt the need to do. ..
    Which was to to purchase Raffle tickets in support of Our Veterans.
    Lamont is a Man that always does so much good for others while asking for nothing in return.
    This is something that he does all the time.
    I know that He will follow his Heart and will trust and follow the guidance and support he was given lastnight.
    Lamont...you are an amazing Man.
    Thank you for all that you do for your Friends and your Spyder Family.
    We Love You & We Support You.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior Admin View Post
    Road Warriors,

Our main hope for the raffle winner was that it goes to someone who truly supports the Road Warrior Foundation and the veterans we aim to serve. We achieved that. it just so happens that the winner is a Spyder Celebrity. Lamont has been a huge supporter of the Road Warrior Foundation. He has children that are veterans themselves. Joan rode the Road Warrior F3 around Daytona International Speedway on her wedding day. While there are certainly close ties, we are giving this F3 to a great person and we couldn't be happier. We understand that this may cause some angst and perception issues. Doing the right thing is often harder to do.

The Spyder community is truly amazing. In March of 2014 we had a phone call with the BRP SE Regional Director. We asked if we could use one Can-Am Spyder RT to meet the needs of one our riders. At that time we were going to do the ride on 300cc scooters. He said he won't give us one; instead BRP will give us one for each rider. At that time we knew that BRP was going to be a great partner. What we didn't anticipate was how supportive the Spyder community was going to be. It is truly humbling how strong you each support the Road Warrior Team. We have volunteers hosting awareness rides coast to coast. We have volunteers taking out our wounded veterans on their personal Spyder's as they prepare for our ride next month. The Spyder community doesn't just help the Road Warrior Foundation, you are the Road Warrior Foundation.

Many of you on this thread have already touched on this. In 32 days we are taking some incredible people on a ryde of a lifetime. These are people that need our help and support. Folks with Purple Hearts, missing limbs and some pretty terrible stories. It's now time to give them a good story. We can't wait to have you meet our Road Warrior Team as we embark on the 2015 Road Warrior Ride June 5-12. We thank each of you for all of your support. We cannot do this without you.

Thanks,
    Craig Anders
    Steve Berger

Road Warrior Foundation
    Thank yous for creating a GREAT ORGANIZATION!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Confused About F3 Raffle & Road Warrior Foundation

As one of the many Vets on this site, I for one understand why Copperman, a fellow Vet, asked the question...even if it was abrasively worded.

But someone please explain to all of us as to how does anyone wing the F3 help the Road Warrior Foundation give a Vet an "Adventure Trip"?

Why not just do a raffle and donate the bike so any Vet who does not have their own ride can borrow it for the adventure??

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Copperman;970541]or does anyone else think Lamont should have withdrawn his name from consideration, or not bought tickets?

I've never felt the air sucked out of a room so fast as when the winning ticket number was identified as his.

Just wondering.[/QUOT]

Why did you even have to go there If someone has the luck how can you say it was not deserving read the rest of Lamont's Post He a class act and will be doing the right thing..jtpollock

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SpyderFun;971364]As one of the many Vets on this site, I for one understand why Copperman, a fellow Vet, asked the question...even if it was abrasively worded.

But someone please explain to all of us as to how does anyone wing the F3 help the Road Warrior Foundation give a Vet an "Adventure Trip"?

Why not just do a raffle and donate the bike so any Vet who does not have their own ride can borrow it for the adventure??

They raised $100,000.00 by selling tickets, BRP loans them some Spyders. They now have some Spyders for the vets to ride and some money to pay the expenses for the vets on the rides (hotels, food, fuel etc.).

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I'm saying nothing about the raffle....I don't need to.
    If it wasn't for Lamont this forum would not exist.
    He has done more to promote the Can-Am Spyder over several years
    than almost anyone else.
    He treats everyone he meets as a friend and gives his knowledge freely
    to anyone who asks.
    Even if you haven't met him it is easy to see that he has integrity and generosity
    which is second to none.
    I am proud to be able to call myself a friend of Lamont Bryden.