Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I can see how this will CHAP some peoples a$#@ as it like a GM dealer giving away a car and the owner of the GM dealer wins it, people will always have the perception of the drawing as being rigged. Future decisions by some may be based on the outcome of the drawing which could affect the bottom line in the future and that is why you don't see the owners or employees being allow to join there own drawings.

Most on here who did not attend the drawing or buy tickets will say it is fair but the majority of those who did attend may not feel the same way. Perception is powerful....
    Vrider... 2014 RT LTD.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    or does anyone else think Lamont should have withdrawn his name from consideration, or not bought tickets?

I've never felt the air sucked out of a room so fast as when the winning ticket number was identified as his.

Just wondering.
    I know for a fact that this is going to get deleted but I'm going to say what no one else will ...
    is it me or are you a Jeolus ******* COPPERMAN .?
    Why would you hurt the feelings of a friend someone that is always there for us over a something so petty ....you sir have no scrouples .... And if I could vent and say worse you can bet I would ..... IS IT ME OR SHOULD SOMEONE SWALLOW THERE PRIDE ANAPPOLIGIES TO A FRIEND ?
    also he bought the tickets to help the cause not to win
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    I know for a fact that this is going to get deleted but I'm going to say what no one else will ...
    Why would you hurt the feelings of a friend someone that is always there for us over a something so petty ....you sir have no scrouples .... And if I could vent and say worse you can bet I would ..... IS IT ME OR SHOULD SOMEONE SWALLOW THERE PRIDE ANAPPOLIGIES TO A FRIEND ?
    There's a huge difference between jealousy and perception. I personally know COPPERMAN, I've met him at an Owners Event and a couple of SpyderFest throughout the years. He doesn't have a jealous bone in his body. He is someone, that because of his job, puts his LIFE on the line everyday, he get's the big picture. I would be careful of slamming someone because of their opinion. I too took a deep breath when I found out who won. Not that it was Lamont, but more because it was someone who is deeply involved in organizing SpyderFest. As indicated in a previous thread....perception. Perception is powerful and sometimes smothers everything else.

No one will dispute Lamont bought a ticket and no one will dispute he won.
    The tough sell will be ticket sales in the future.
    Last edited by KAPike; 05-03-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Kraig
    2012 RT SE5
    2010 RT-622 trailer
    2013 Triump Bonneville T100
    1971 Honda CT70
    1972 Honda CT70H

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post

I'm not jealous. I just feel he was too close to the event to even participate. It just doesn't look good.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I'm not jealous. I just feel he was too close to the event to even participate. It just doesn't look good.
    knowing lamont its not the prize and I'm sure you know that also .... like the other gentleman said.... he bought tickets not to win to donate and in my opinion you should have given him a little more time to decide what he was going to do with it ... i apologies for my rant to you brother ...im very protective of friends and family and sometimes don't think before i type .... again ...you know he didn't enter that contest to win...
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This is the verse I just read again and has given me peace of mind
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...hew%2025:14-30

Well I hoped it would have been Me.... But..... You bought the tickets just like the rest of us. So I Say....Good for you Sir... What ever you do with it Im sure it will be great!!! Congratulations!!!!

2013 ST-S SE-5 ("Quick Silver") Is her Name
    My Mods:

I Have Added the AM/FM Stereo and an Ultimate Seat, with Ryder Backrest, Power Sports wraps." Break Strips" Kit, GloRyders with the Spyder Cap, Fox Racing Shock and Anti- Sway Bar Kit, Spyder Pops Bump Skid, Spyderlighter's LED Running Light Kit With Fender lights. Cal Si Shorty Smoked Windshield, The 2014 Side Panels, Lamonsters Cat Delete, And an Akrapovic Sport Touring Exhaust.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Road Warrior Family

Road Warriors,

Our main hope for the raffle winner was that it goes to someone who truly supports the Road Warrior Foundation and the veterans we aim to serve. We achieved that. it just so happens that the winner is a Spyder Celebrity. Lamont has been a huge supporter of the Road Warrior Foundation. He has children that are veterans themselves. Joan rode the Road Warrior F3 around Daytona International Speedway on her wedding day. While there are certainly close ties, we are giving this F3 to a great person and we couldn't be happier. We understand that this may cause some angst and perception issues. Doing the right thing is often harder to do.

The Spyder community is truly amazing. In March of 2014 we had a phone call with the BRP SE Regional Director. We asked if we could use one Can-Am Spyder RT to meet the needs of one our riders. At that time we were going to do the ride on 300cc scooters. He said he won't give us one; instead BRP will give us one for each rider. At that time we knew that BRP was going to be a great partner. What we didn't anticipate was how supportive the Spyder community was going to be. It is truly humbling how strong you each support the Road Warrior Team. We have volunteers hosting awareness rides coast to coast. We have volunteers taking out our wounded veterans on their personal Spyder's as they prepare for our ride next month. The Spyder community doesn't just help the Road Warrior Foundation, you are the Road Warrior Foundation.

Many of you on this thread have already touched on this. In 32 days we are taking some incredible people on a ryde of a lifetime. These are people that need our help and support. Folks with Purple Hearts, missing limbs and some pretty terrible stories. It's now time to give them a good story. We can't wait to have you meet our Road Warrior Team as we embark on the 2015 Road Warrior Ride June 5-12. We thank each of you for all of your support. We cannot do this without you.

Thanks,
    Craig Anders
    Steve Berger

Road Warrior Foundation

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior Admin View Post
    Road Warriors,

Our main hope for the raffle winner was that it goes to someone who truly supports the Road Warrior Foundation and the veterans we aim to serve. We achieved that. it just so happens that the winner is a Spyder Celebrity. Lamont has been a huge supporter of the Road Warrior Foundation. He has children that are veterans themselves. Joan rode the Road Warrior F3 around Daytona International Speedway on her wedding day. While there are certainly close ties, we are giving this F3 to a great person and we couldn't be happier. We understand that this may cause some angst and perception issues. Doing the right thing is often harder to do.

The Spyder community is truly amazing. In March of 2014 we had a phone call with the BRP SE Regional Director. We asked if we could use one Can-Am Spyder RT to meet the needs of one our riders. At that time we were going to do the ride on 300cc scooters. He said he won't give us one; instead BRP will give us one for each rider. At that time we knew that BRP was going to be a great partner. What we didn't anticipate was how supportive the Spyder community was going to be. It is truly humbling how strong you each support the Road Warrior Team. We have volunteers hosting awareness rides coast to coast. We have volunteers taking out our wounded veterans on their personal Spyder's as they prepare for our ride next month. The Spyder community doesn't just help the Road Warrior Foundation, you are the Road Warrior Foundation.

Many of you on this thread have already touched on this. In 32 days we are taking some incredible people on a ryde of a lifetime. These are people that need our help and support. Folks with Purple Hearts, missing limbs and some pretty terrible stories. It's now time to give them a good story. We can't wait to have you meet our Road Warrior Team as we embark on the 2015 Road Warrior Ride June 5-12. We thank each of you for all of your support. We cannot do this without you.

Thanks,
    Craig Anders
    Steve Berger

Road Warrior Foundation
    Well said!

CJ JAX

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default It was a fair and right drawing.

I was there also and felt very excited for you Lamont!!! Way to go. I loved spyderfest this year thank you and mogang for everything you did which was a lot!!!! We had so much fun.
    Brenda
    2012 Pearl white Rt Limited
    Bajaron sway bar with links
    Squared away laser alignment
    Wedboards mini foot boards
    Tricled led front fender lights with tips and brake bar
    Rocky mountain sheepskin

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was wondering if any real money backed the tickets that were auctioned off for Spyderfest 'funny money'. If not the odds of winning of those who bought tickets was diluted.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

or does anyone else think Lamont should have withdrawn his name from consideration, or not bought tickets?

I've never felt the air sucked out of a room so fast as when the winning ticket number was identified as his.

Just wondering.
    If he won with the same chances as all other players he was lucky and he has nothing to apologize for or feel guilty about.
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

This is the verse I just read again and has given me peace of mind
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...hew%2025:14-30

Congratulations on your win Lamont. I'm so very happy for you

Spyder Garage

There will always be people that believe that 1+1=3. although not everyone has had the opportunity to meet Lamont in person many have gained from his wisdom shared on Facebook and spyderlovers me included. he graciously gives his time in answering questions and providing help. to me that speaks loads of his character (Plus he has the Joan seal of approval ). Craig I do know personally and the RWF is a true passion for him. I wouldn't have batted an eye if he had won ( I know he couldn't) given all he has done on behalf of the Foundation. The Foundation is a 100% volunteer organization. No one gets a salary so all donations go directly in support of the mission to aid wounded veterans. His own money goes in along with most of his free time and vacation time. Then there is the fact he has a full time job and is married. Neither Lamont or Craig would condone or tolerate unethical behavior and it saddens me to think that anyone would question that but I guess it goes back to the 1+1=3 equation.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Good on ya, Lamont! The luck of the draw hey!!

Regardless of whatever you come up with, just buying any tickets to start with let alone putting $300 into it was above & beyond, & I'm sure that you'll work out something appropriate for the Road Warrior F3! Not gonna be an easy decision tho, and you'll probably get some people off side whatever you do; but that's sometimes what happens when it's all down to the luck of the draw & now it's up to you what you feel is right.

Ditto that. Cool bike....congrads !
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Default congratts lamont

idea for you set up another raffle for the spyder you won and give the proceeds to the local homeless shelter?

Spyder Garage

No one should have an opinion on what Lamont does with the Spyder he won by buying tickets to support an amazing cause.

Congrats buddy! And thank you for all you do!
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Spyder Garage

He won. Fair and square. Case closed.

Spyder Garage

You can't win for winnin' Lamont. Congrats, and Ryde Safe!

Spyder Garage

Congratulations Lamont! You bought your tickets like everyone else and deserve it. It was your lucky day! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    " SO MANY ROADS SO LITTLE TIME "
    2009 SE-5 , Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

OK PEOPLE, as some of you know,i have had a problem or two on this forum and have been warned and banned by the powers that be, but the one thing i would say is that lamont has always been fair and square with me. i never met lamont but from reading what he wrote i think he feels bad enough for being LUCKY, i feel it is time to say that the original poster should delete this post and send a note to lamont saying sorry for my post and expressing my feelings on a public forum and embarrassing you.

i really feel he might feel bad enough where he might try and donate his winning bike where he should be proud and keep it and ride it with many miles and smiles and a true feeling of helping a great cause. JUST MY FEELINGS
    Last edited by cuznjohn; 05-03-2015 at 02:41 PM.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Things can happen quickly here.

on the win Lamont.

I am going to stay out of any pro or con arguments.

Let's not beat anyone up for winning.

Maybe some changes are in order for future drawings.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-03-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

This is not the end of the story. I bought $300.00 worth of tickets to help encourage others to reach their goal. I never even considered winning but for some reason I did and I'm going to sleep on it and pray about it and talk it over with my wife and we will do what feels right....owning that Spyder doesn't feel right but neither did walking away from the winning ticket. I won't be pressured one way or the other from public opinion and I'll follow my heart as always.

Good for you Lamont!

Ride Safe

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Good one mate.

Your a winning You had $300,00 tickets and your a winning, good on you.Time to move on I say, have a great time. Cheers.
    This is not the end of the story. I bought $300.00 worth of tickets to help encourage others to reach their goal. I never even considered winning but for some reason I did and I'm going to sleep on it and pray about it and talk it over with my wife and we will do what feels right....owning that Spyder doesn't feel right but neither did walking away from the winning ticket. I won't be pressured one way or the other from public opinion and I'll follow my heart as always.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Update on F3

New Thread about the fate of the Road Warrior F3 can be found here.

Spyder Garage

Been out helping another Spyder rider so just saw this. Congrats to my brother Lamont for winning and God bless him for what he is going to do with that F3.

Been mulling this over so going to say it. Neither Lamont nor anyone else connected with putting on Spyderfest USA are employees. They don't get paid. They are all unpaid volunteers who put in a huge amount of time and effort in making SF USA what it is. What I'm saying is, if they want to participate in drawings, there should be no reason for them not to.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards