Spyder Garage

Default How many Can Am Spyders have been built?

I get asked this question quite a bit and this week I found out for sure. I've put a down payment on a 2008 Spyder GS back in July of 2007 without ever seeing one other than on a video. Soon after I started the first dedicated forum for the Spyder. That was 08-07-2007 and at that time we had 1 member. Today SpyderLovers has grown to over 16,000 members and we've seen the membership pick up once again with more folks finding out about the comfort of the RT and performance and cool factor of the new Spyder F3.

Started 08-07-2007

The Spyder has had growing pain like any other new product that steps out of the box and takes the chance and makes an investment is something nobody else had ever seen. If you remember the economy had just took a major down turn so it was the worst time to launch a product like this. Money was tight and the future was uncertain. Even so BRP pushed forward by perfecting the then GS that is now the sport version (RS) and in 2010 introducing the touring version of the Spyder in the RT. The RT was such a big hit that they decided to fill the blanks with a Spyder that was a little RS and a little RT with the 2013 ST. Then quite unexpectedly in 2014 they introduced the 1330 ACE motor in the RT with more horsepower and torque than the current 998 v-twin. That was also a big hit and made it's way into the all new Spyder F3. I have close to 200,000 miles on Spyders to date and this is by far my personal favorite. I was privileged to be able to help consult with the design team and marketing team at BRP to help them build a cruiser type Spyder that felt more motorcycle like. It hasn't been on the streets very long but we're great response in the few short months it's been out.

On Thursday 04-31-2015 BRP allowed Pitbull Powersports to unvail to the world for the first time at Spyderfest the 100,000 Spyder to roll off the line in Valcourt Quebec! Spyderfest is the largest gathering of Spyders in the world and what better place to show it's owners the success of the product we've all come to love. As it happens the Spyder was a white F3-S and the new owners were able to receive it on stage with local media coverage. It was an exciting time for all who attended and it show that the Spyder is here to stay because of the passion you all have for this crazy three wheel machine. I know as a life long motorcycle rider and owner I never thought the Spyder would hold my attention as long as it has and that it would become such a big part of my life.

So congrats to BRP for making the investment and taking the risk to introduce a product that nobody had ever seen and producing over 100,000 of these since 2008. I look forward to the day they hit 1,000,000. Thanks BRP and to all you SpyderLovers for the support through the years. Here's to the next run of Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Default Very Cool!

Thanks for sharing the video and thank you even more for the active role you play in advancing the Spyder community, changing lives and bringing people together!

Spyder Garage

What a great night............sorry that we missed it!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's to the NEXT 100,000!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Ordered my '08 GS, PE 2888 in June of '07, but didn't receive it till April of '08, and still feel it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Thanks for sharing and thanks to BRP for for such a great product. Still riding the '08 and loving it.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

That is awesome!
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool! Congrats to the owners of the 100,000th Spyder!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That's great news for the Spyder brand. This is the only 3 wheel bike i ever liked and wanted to own. Big ups to Lamonster for bring the owners together on this forum to learn about this great machine..
    2012 Spyder RT Limited Lava Bronze (Psalm 27:1;Luke 12:4,5)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A legacy to be proud of, my friend. Many positive things have happened in your life this year, and this is just another example....a well deserved one, if I say so myself.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Amazing..!!

Good to finally get a count...often asked that questions but never had a figure. Thanks for sharing the presentation and congrats to brp.. now I can say..." over one hundred thousand "
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

to the owner of the 100,000 Spyder, and a big Thanks to BRP, Lamont, Len, etc. for building spyders, starting this website, starting/ and continuing SF, and meeting an Awesome group of Spyder Owners. Here is to the next 100,000 Spyders Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I get asked this question quite a bit and this week I found out for sure. I've put a down payment on a 2008 Spyder GS back in July of 2007 without ever seeing one other than on a video. Soon after I started the first dedicated forum for the Spyder. That was 08-07-2007 and at that time we had 1 member. Today SpyderLovers has grown to over 16,000 members and we've seen the membership pick up once again with more folks finding out about the comfort of the RT and performance and cool factor of the new Spyder F3.

Started 08-07-2007

The Spyder has had growing pain like any other new product that steps out of the box and takes the chance and makes an investment is something nobody else had ever seen. If you remember the economy had just took a major down turn so it was the worst time to launch a product like this. Money was tight and the future was uncertain. Even so BRP pushed forward by perfecting the then GS that is now the sport version (RS) and in 2010 introducing the touring version of the Spyder in the RT. The RT was such a big hit that they decided to fill the blanks with a Spyder that was a little RS and a little RT with the 2013 ST. Then quite unexpectedly in 2014 they introduced the 1330 ACE motor in the RT with more horsepower and torque than the current 998 v-twin. That was also a big hit and made it's way into the all new Spyder F3. I have close to 200,000 miles on Spyders to date and this is by far my personal favorite. I was privileged to be able to help consult with the design team and marketing team at BRP to help them build a cruiser type Spyder that felt more motorcycle like. It hasn't been on the streets very long but we're great response in the few short months it's been out.

On Thursday 04-31-2015 BRP allowed Pitbull Powersports to unvail to the world for the first time at Spyderfest the 100,000 Spyder to roll off the line in Valcourt Quebec! Spyderfest is the largest gathering of Spyders in the world and what better place to show it's owners the success of the product we've all come to love. As it happens the Spyder was a white F3-S and the new owners were able to receive it on stage with local media coverage. It was an exciting time for all who attended and it show that the Spyder is here to stay because of the passion you all have for this crazy three wheel machine. I know as a life long motorcycle rider and owner I never thought the Spyder would hold my attention as long as it has and that it would become such a big part of my life.

So congrats to BRP for making the investment and taking the risk to introduce a product that nobody had ever seen and producing over 100,000 of these since 2008. I look forward to the day they hit 1,000,000. Thanks BRP and to all you SpyderLovers for the support through the years. Here's to the next run of Spyders.

AWESOME!!! The future looks good!!! I love my F3 S and I am a first time rider!!!

Spyder Garage

Also happy to say that I was one of the early adapters of the product.

I was lucky enough to get the first 08 GS sold in Alaska. I only waited 7 months for it to arrive. Have owned a couple other benchmarks (2010 RTS, 2014 RT-S), and am not disappointed with any of my decisions to buy the brand.

Thanks for the update on 100,000 built. That number is higher than most were speculating about.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-01-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Here's to the NEXT 100,000!
    Bob,

You need to pick up your posting pace. You're being out distanced by spyders built.
    Last edited by wyliec; 05-01-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default AWESOME

AWESOME, just AWESOME......
    very nice gesture on the part of
    BRP....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Arm View Post
    Ordered my '08 GS, PE 2888 in June of '07, but didn't receive it till April of '08, and still feel it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. Thanks for sharing and thanks to BRP for for such a great product. Still riding the '08 and loving it.
    Go Larry! Good on ya. Will be waiting for your return next Fall for more riding together in Tucson.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Just some guy who showed up at Daytona Bike Week, saw the Spyder, and became a "convert". How cool is that?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat