Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My Wednesday at Spyderfest '15

I spent most of the day at Vendor Village. Girl's gotta shop!! I got a preview of the painting MurphyBrown is having done on her Spyder. With the combination of Karyl's tastes and Sue Hopper's artistry, it's going to be really cool! Sue worked on it all day yesterday and will be continuing on it today.

There was a seminar about "Darkside Scientific," which sells Lumilor, an electroluminescent coating. You send your item to them and they coat it. Then you can paint over it. It's connected to electricity (somehow) and when it's turned on, it glows in the dark. Here's a pic of a frunk that was treated and then painted by Sue Hopper:
    It's cool, but pricey. You can learn more at www.lumilor.com.

MoGang put on a party at the fairground camping area. Burgers and brats (yum), Spyder games and bonfire. And music, of course. Here's a pic of one of the Spyder games:
    The passenger holds three cups on a board over the driver's head and they have to ryde through a twisty course which ends with going over a bunch of boards. You can see in the pic that these contestants already lost one whole cup! I think the cups were supposed to contain a liquid, but Len put a halt to that, not knowing how cold it would be. So they filled the cups with little plastic balls, instead.

Later, back at the Best Western, CruzrJoe & Sheila got a party on. Prize drawings, snacks, wine, beer, soda, water. Joe made everyone introduce themselves and Hot Springs Village, Ark., seemed to be well represented! It was great fellowship and new friends being made and old friends getting reacquainted. Joe is a good emcee.

I think the idea of having several host-hotels, with designated hosts was a really good idea. At the BW, at least Joe and Sheila have really gotten things together.

I think everyone is having fun and wish you all could come. I remember my first Spyderfest, the first held in Springfield, where I got to meet Bob Denman and Rattigan Roger. I miss you guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks..!!

great to see some of the goings on over there. Thanks for the pictures and update. Looks like a good time is being had by all...enjoy and send more pics and update whenever possible...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the thread and the pictures. Please keep us updated.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red