Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Rear view camera and monitor mounted on Spyder

I'm looking at small cameras and monitors to mount on my RS, has anyone else done this, if so what did you go with and do you have any pictures or advise?
    2012 RS White with corbin web seat, misty mountain seat skin, tour windshield, Hindle exhaust, handlebar risers, BRP saddlebags, foot boards, bump skid (critter splitter), fender LED lights, and lots of attitude.

Spyder Garage

I did add a backup camera to my RSS, See MODS: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...making-it-mine Post#10

I'm at Spyderfest and on a ride Monday, hit a bump hard enough that the rear wheel bounced up and wiped out the camera. So don't put it where I did.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

still looking for the combination can find the waterproof camera without any problems but the inexpensive waterproof monitor.
    I'll take pictures and post once I get everything and get it mounted.
    2012 RS White with corbin web seat, misty mountain seat skin, tour windshield, Hindle exhaust, handlebar risers, BRP saddlebags, foot boards, bump skid (critter splitter), fender LED lights, and lots of attitude.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have to ask, What possible reason would you want a back up camera on a spyder for ??????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERGUY1 View Post
    I have to ask, What possible reason would you want a back up camera on a spyder for ??????
    Maybe a mobility issue??
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

I say yes to the idea and kill the rear view side mirrors. Or keep the side mirror and use the monitor as a 3rd view. Surprised there is not a Bluetooth camera that streams to phone. Put phone in a life proof holder. Good to go.

Sempert out,
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sempyder View Post
    I say yes to the idea and kill the rear view side mirrors. Or keep the side mirror and use the monitor as a 3rd view. Surprised there is not a Bluetooth camera that streams to phone. Put phone in a life proof holder. Good to go.

Sempert out,

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...158#post969158

Until, it was ripped off when I hit a pot hole mine was on all of the time and worked ok. This one doesn't have "nite leds" but it still should be good. Just place it better than I did.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With respect to my question of why anyone would put a back up camera on a SPYDER, I DID NOT EVEN COMPREHEND THAT THOUGHT, AND RESPECTEFULLY ask forgiveness If I have offended anyone. Thank you. SORRY.

Spyder Garage

Default I have to agree

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERGUY1 View Post
    With respect to my question of why anyone would put a back up camera on a SPYDER, I DID NOT EVEN COMPREHEND THAT THOUGHT, AND RESPECTEFULLY ask forgiveness If I have offended anyone. Thank you. SORRY.
    If you can't turn your head far enough to check your blind spots, you probably should not be riding. JMHO.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    If you can't turn your head far enough to check your blind spots, you probably should not be riding. JMHO.

Checking blind spots and being able to turn totally around to see behind you and reach the throttle is two different things. The camera if ran all of the time, is a third rear view mirror, you can't lose.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Backup camera

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner 02 View Post
    I'm looking at small cameras and monitors to mount on my RS, has anyone else done this, if so what did you go with and do you have any pictures or advise?
    Try http://www.magellangps.com
    They have gps with backup camera attachment that is wireless.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rydha11 View Post

I had my camara where you put yours, hit a small pothole, tire bounced up and ripped it totally off.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

ohhh no , ok I'm going to move it, thinking about a gopro

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Going in a little different direction. I ordered a dual camera front and back with split screen. I'll get pictures when I put it together. The cameras recording capabilities too. Will be attaching to left handle bar.

Spyder Garage

Outside of a state law mandating mirors...throw on a small bar end miror in case it the camera fails. NOT sure the video screens are weather proof. Pelican and a few other enviromental sealed clear plastic cases to house the screen.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm not planning on taking the mirrors off just augmenting with the camera. I'm going to try and weather proof it myself but a case to protect it is a great option if that doesn't work.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm not planning on taking the mirrors off just augmenting with the camera. I'm going to try and weather proof it myself but a case to protect it is a great option if that doesn't work.
    A couple of years ago CincySpyder installed a rear view camera so he could watch his dog passenger and behind his camp trailer. I can find a pic of the setup but not the exact post. If you want to search his post you might find some helpful info.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Looks nice. I'll get a picture of the camera I purchased today.
    thank you for sharing. What camera and monitor are you using and do you like them?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonsden View Post
    A couple of years ago CincySpyder installed a rear view camera so he could watch his dog passenger and behind his camp trailer. I can find a pic of the setup but not the exact post. If you want to search his post you might find some helpful info.

Spyder Garage

Going in a little different direction. I ordered a dual camera front and back with split screen. I'll get pictures when I put it together. The cameras recording capabilities too. Will be attaching to left handle bar.
    Which system did you purchase Gunner 02? I am looking at the K1S from Spy Tec, little pricey but I like the reviews.

Spyder Garage

I tried to to go with a dash cam with two cameras but did not work, couldn't see the small split screen in sun light. I ordered a lot fancy 3.5 in monitor and a weatherproof camera which will be delivered this weekend. Will take pictures of the final solution, maybe video of the install and post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Which system did you purchase Gunner 02? I am looking at the K1S from Spy Tec, little pricey but I like the reviews.

Spyder Garage

Default rear view camera

I just got my spyder and I'm used to the view I could get on 2 wheels. I could see my wife in the pass seat and see something right behind me and I can't on my spyder---so I wouls like a rear view camera.---I love the spyder. Thanks, Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    Wow, aren't you righteous this morning? That probably applies to most of the four wheel drivers on the roads today. If you can sit in the drivers seat of your Spyder and comfortalbly look directly behind you, you're a lot more flexable than most of us. How about a little consideration for us older folks.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    Wow, aren't you righteous this morning?
    That post was from Jun of 2015.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    I just got my spyder and I'm used to the view I could get on 2 wheels. I could see my wife in the pass seat and see something right behind me and I can't on my spyder---so I wouls like a rear view camera.---I love the spyder. Thanks, Mike
    Bit late, but found this.

If you have your phone mounted on the bike, then this camera will connect to the phone wirelessly, saves having another screen that has to be taken off / locked away / mounted / wired in etc etc. On eBay UK, but sells internationally. You could power it up only in reverse or have it on all the time as an additional rear view. Camera look small enough to mount discretely on or with licence plate.

Equivalent price is USD45 approx.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIFI-in-Ca...sAAOSwYGFUs3lm

Alternatively,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIFI-in-Ca...3D151558824167

Jeff