Spyder Garage

Default Headsup on LeatherUp

On the suggestion of LATony007 I bought a Torc 12B with bluetooth from Leatherup.com. It was DOA when it arrived and they did pay for return shipping and replaced it. The second one did work and because it had the ability to communicate between riders, I bought another one so we could chat if we wanted. Neither helmet worked as it was suppose to, but for 2-3 rides we could chat, then they wouldn't connect anymore.

Called Leatherup and the end result is that they are discontinuing that helmet line and couldn't repair or replace them.

Since they had been "used" all that was available was a credit, no refund. I also emailed Torc Helmets directly and nothing from them at all.

In the end, I negotiated a small refund and I keep the helmets. The bluetooth with the phone still works, so that was my choice.

In the future, I will be asking about a refund policy, don't like to be surprised.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Default WOW

bad customer service.....

i bot a SCALA G9 when they 1st came out... they replaced 2,
    NO QUESTIONS ASKED before the warantee ran out... then last yr at the SPYD3R gathering in Springfield, i was @ PIT-BULLS n told the SCALA rep. "MIKE" that my left speak wasn't working properly... volume was extremely low... he gave me a new helmet unit for FREE and he had a smile on his face... i'm stuck on SCALA.... works like a charm... also, it's upgradable via their website... just loaded a new version today....
    good luck in the future, and thx for let'n us know about these guys....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Would the subject matter be more appropriately entitled: "Heads up on Torc Helmets"?? Just sayin.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default My experience as well....

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    On the suggestion of LATony007 I bought a Torc 12B with bluetooth from Leatherup.com. It was DOA when it arrived and they did pay for return shipping and replaced it. The second one did work and because it had the ability to communicate between riders, I bought another one so we could chat if we wanted. Neither helmet worked as it was suppose to, but for 2-3 rides we could chat, then they wouldn't connect anymore.

Called Leatherup and the end result is that they are discontinuing that helmet line and couldn't repair or replace them.

Since they had been "used" all that was available was a credit, no refund. I also emailed Torc Helmets directly and nothing from them at all.

In the end, I negotiated a small refund and I keep the helmets. The bluetooth with the phone still works, so that was my choice.

In the future, I will be asking about a refund policy, don't like to be surprised.
    Thanks for your post....I also had trouble with Leather-up on a size chart for a jacket that was wrong. They did not even try to understand what I was trying to help them with so they could correct it for future customers. I returned the jacket (at MY costs) and they replaced it with a larger size. The size chart still was wrong the last time I checked - NEVER again with Leather-up from my standpoint. I don't know why their "customer service" is oriented at not pleasing a customer!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I tried to do business with them one time. They wanted $75 shipping on a $49 leather vest. That's what I run into sometimes here at the end of the world. I went elsewhere and have never been back.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Leather Up +++

I have done business with them on many occasions over the years and have had nothing but positive experiences. like it was mentioned before, the real issue was with Torx. When a manufacturer will not stand behind a product, how can the retailer? I've been riding long enough to know that it's an expensive hobby and there is some element of trial and error involved. Thank God for customer reviews on items bought online.
    $75 for shipping to Alaska?...I have heard worse horror stories than that regarding shipping up north.

Spyder Garage

The point I was making on the shipping was that it was almost twice the price of the merchandise. A vest weighs less than a couple pounds. I still think $75 is a bit steep. I don't need UPS Next day or second day air. Ground transportation is fine. They would not work with me on a lesser expensive way to ship. Their way or the highway. That is why I took my business elsewhere.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red