Thread: Xm radio

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Xm radio

Anyone do or have an idea about doing xm on their st limited? I know they make a kit for the RT and I'm pretty sure the st and rt radios are the same. I was told
    because of the size of the adaptor box that it won't for on the st that the rt had more room which is obvious but I'm sure I can find room behind the frunk liner to put it. Hope to find some answers. I have the xm app on my iPhone but you can't change the stations through the handlebars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    Anyone do or have an idea about doing xm on their st limited? I know they make a kit for the RT and I'm pretty sure the st and rt radios are the same. I was told
    because of the size of the adaptor box that it won't for on the st that the rt had more room which is obvious but I'm sure I can find room behind the frunk liner to put it. Hope to find some answers. I have the xm app on my iPhone but you can't change the stations through the handlebars.
    Portable radio in front trunk with broadcast thru blank fm station.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    Portable radio in front trunk with broadcast thru blank fm station.
    I can play it through my iPhone plugged into the frunk but just can't change stations

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use a Rivco drink mount with RAM attachments to hold a mount for the satellite radio. I've wired the power and sound to the jump terminals and front trunk. In the AUX radio mode I can enjoy the satellite and change stations easily. My phone is similarly mounted to the other side.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430022422.594625.jpg

Susie
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have the xm app on my phone and when it's plugged into the drink it comes through my speakers, I just can't change stations. I really don't want anything on the handlebars. (Trying to keep it neat looking) I was told that the xm radio kit that's made for the RT would work but the reason they don't suggest it for the ST is because the module they use has to be mounted and there isn't enough room like there is on the RT. Who knows. I'd love to figure how to do it.