Spyder Garage

Default Zumo 660 vs zumo 665

Is the garmin zumo 665 a direct replacement for the zumo 660 installed on the 2014 RTL? I am looking to add the SirusXm capability to my Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeau View Post
    Is the garmin zumo 665 a direct replacement for the zumo 660 installed on the 2014 RTL? I am looking to add the SirusXm capability to my Spyder.
    Yes it is.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeau View Post
    See my previous posts on this. The outer part of the cradle needs to be changed to a 665 cradle face. Very easy. Two small boards and the mini screws on the back of the cradle.

Plug and play the 665 will not work for XM, WX etc. with the 660 cradle face. (period) You will need the XM 40 antennae plugged into the harness.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    See my previous posts on this. The outer part of the cradle needs to be changed to a 665 cradle face. Very easy. Two small boards and the mini screws on the back of the cradle.

Plug and play the 665 will not work for XM, WX etc. with the 660 cradle face. (period) You will need the XM 40 antennae plugged into the harness.

Jack
    So simply replace the cradle with the one for the 665 and install the GXM 40 antenna? Really? Which I'd known, I swapped out the entire cradle and wire harness then plugged in the puck.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My 665 plugged right into the 660 cradle..It seems it will not work with the XM feature tho..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    My 665 plugged right into the 660 cradle..It seems it will not work with the XM feature tho..
    Yup snaps right in but will not play XM even after you plug in the puck, needs a complete cradle change to a 665 harness assembly and the puck or apparently just the electrical interface in the cradle and the puck. The puck is actually the radio.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RUOUTHERE View Post
    Yup snaps right in but will not play XM even after you plug in the puck, needs a complete cradle change to a 665 harness assembly and the puck or apparently just the electrical interface in the cradle and the puck. The puck is actually the radio.
    I should have replaced the harness when I had the bike all torn down over the winter..Oh well maybe next winter the harness will get replaced..