Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default some complains.. or better say comments

Hi guys,
    i posted few comments on what I dont like that much on F3s.. and i would like to know if ya have the same experience..

have a great day,
    Martin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Hi guys,
    i posted few comments on what I dont like that much on F3s.. and i would like to know if ya have the same experience..

have a great day,
    Martin
    you are correct that the trim piece rattling around is a joke on a 22k lmachine..... The indicator lights on the dash are useless unless you are riding at night. My goldwing had the same issue.... These companies cheap out on little things like this and it really makes them look bad.

mark
    Last edited by Nyparrothead; 04-20-2015 at 06:03 AM.
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Cool Complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    you are correct that the trim piece rattling around is a joke on a 22k lmachine..... The indicator lights on the dash are useless unless you are riding at night. My goldwing had the same issue.... These companies cheap out on little things like this and it really makes them look bad.

mark
    The indicator lights are a common complaint on ALL models, the display dims at night so why can't they be full brightness during the day, adding the led indicators to the mirrors solved not being able to see them, gas light is almost impossible to see in the daytime, same with other warning lights. If it doesn't bring up the orange screen of death during the day, good luck seeing the indicators. Seems BRP would do something about this as many complaints as there are, maybe a software update through Buds? Settings are as high as can be set and on any other device would be equivalent to 50%.

Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Default Simple Indicator fix

Not that you should have to do it... simple button lights on either side tapped into the turn signals. Don't have an F3 so can't say much about the rest...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Sorry Bro but that's a waste of bandwidth on youtube. If that's all you could come up with I think they did pretty good.

Spyder Garage

Yes, Lamont, BRP did do pretty good, but these are things that irritate folks. He did say the irritants are minor, but BRP might consider a fix. I like the idea of the F-3 but I am waiting a couple of years to see how the "minor" irritants are addressed. If they aren't, I just keep my RT. we'll see!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    Yes, Lamont, BRP did do pretty good, but these are things that irritate folks. He did say the irritants are minor, but BRP might consider a fix. I like the idea of the F-3 but I am waiting a couple of years to see how the "minor" irritants are addressed. If they aren't, I just keep my RT. we'll see!
    Here's what irritates me as a motorcycle rider and has bugged me since 2007. I want a factory hand brake, not one I made and not one that's a mismatched bolt on, I want a factory hand break because grabbing the front brake first and especially in a panic situation can be the difference of hitting someone or something. There's a bike here at the shop now that's totaled because the gal that was riding it was a dirtbike rider and when she went into a turn on her boyfriends Spyder she grabbed for the front brake that's not there. She wasn't hurt but the Spyder is toast. That's something I wish BRP would address but I'm pretty sure they never will for whatever reason. So I've gotten use to using the rear brake only and I know that's all you need on a Spyder but I still miss my hand brake and when I jump on a bike now I have to retrain my thought process.

Spyder Garage

Default Disagree

I have to disagree with you on this one Lamont. These may seem like minor issues to you, and they would be on a 10k bike, but on a machine you spend 25k on, you would hope that these 'minor' things would not be an issue. And I'm a little surprised at your comment towards this member..

Especially for this Spyder member in a remote location, you have a lot less resources available to you than you would in continental US (I get this as a remote location member).

Now as for the Youtube video. I totally agree 100% about the issues you speak of. One thing I haven't been able to find, but might solve the foot brake issue is if they make a kit that would allow you to relocate that brake to a Hand Brake System giving you more space / foot freedom? I can't think of a thing that would stop the 'loose / cheap' feel of the buttons on our dash for Grips / Accessories light. And last but not least the dash lighting, this is probably my biggest concern as well. Now does the dash lights stay at the same intensity all the time or do they get brighter at night due to a sensor? If sensor, there must be a way to fool it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Sorry Bro but that's a waste of bandwidth on youtube. If that's all you could come up with I think they did pretty good.

Spyder Garage

lamonster, with respect, I thought all are free to express their concerns and not our position to be judgemental. Actually most of what he stated is our concern as well (light signal that we don't see if on or off and which side, further more sizable number of us talked about awkward position of break. We would like BRP to know our concerns/complaints, and to fix them. It is a price of midsize car, and more than price of most 2 wheels.
    thanks for your understanding that your forum made a big difference to us and for BRP as well.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LV2RYDE View Post
    lamonster, with respect, I thought all are free to express their concerns and not our position to be judgemental. Actually most of what he stated is our concern as well (light signal that we don't see if on or off and which side, further more sizable number of us talked about awkward position of break. We would like BRP to know our concerns/complaints, and to fix them. It is a price of midsize car, and more than price of most 2 wheels.
    thanks for your understanding that your forum made a big difference to us and for BRP as well.
    You are and so am I. 99% of the time I don't say anything but this one struck a cord with me I guess. I guess being a "biker" I don't expect car like qualities just because I paid the price of a small car. Motorcycles are not perfect, none of them including the Spyder and things like lifting your foot to use the brake is so you don't ride down the road with your brake on.

Spyder Garage

Here's what irritates me as a motorcycle rider and has bugged me since 2007. I want a factory hand brake, not one I made and not one that's a mismatched bolt on, I want a factory hand break because grabbing the front brake first and especially in a panic situation can be the difference of hitting someone or something. There's a bike here at the shop now that's totaled because the gal that was riding it was a dirtbike rider and when she went into a turn on her boyfriends Spyder she grabbed for the front brake that's not there. She wasn't hurt but the Spyder is toast. That's something I wish BRP would address but I'm pretty sure they never will for whatever reason. So I've gotten use to using the rear brake only and I know that's all you need on a Spyder but I still miss my hand brake and when I jump on a bike now I have to retrain my thought process.
    I'm sure you were not saying the pedal is the rear brake only. I agree the pedal sucks big time. I want a factory handbrake as well. The aftermarket is well built but falls well short.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    I'm sure you were not saying the pedal is the rear brake only. I agree the pedal sucks big time. I want a factory handbrake as well. The aftermarket is well built but falls well short.
    Yes, what would be the rear only on most bikes. I know it operates all three wheels but I would like a hand brake that did the same thing from the factory.

Spyder Garage

AMEM Brother.
    I too almost had a crash.
    After 97k on my BMW and no handbrake WTF.

Spyder Garage

I agree that a handbrake would be wonderful. I am still waiting for the new F3 handbrake to be released by ISCI so I can get my new F3 that is waiting at the dealer and start riding. As for the rest I think that BRP did a stunningly good job on the design of the F3 and the button issue is very minor to me. When I think of how many hours I spent putting on the backrest, different handle bars, running boards, seat, shocks, sway bar, side cases, shock re locator brackets etc... the F3 has all the set up already done. Changing things should be a snap. Just take the backrest for instance...On the 2010 RS like mine it was a major operation that took hours and hours stripping all the plastic and a good deal of the rear end just to get the hardware on. The handlebars was another major project. First I tried a number of risers that I didn't find satisfactory, so I tried the 7" bars that involved removal of the factory bars. Doesn't sound to bad till you try it. Once that was done, on a whim over the winter thought I would try the 9" bars since most of the hard work was done. That involved changing the throttle cables to longer ones. /that took five tries to get it right. Even changing the stock seat to the BRP comfort seat was kind of a pain in the rear end. The side cases took the better part of an afternoon with three of us working on it to get it done. I had the dealer install and set up the Elka shocks.

I loved my RS and with a lot of time, money and effort I pretty much got it to the point where it handled good and was comfortable but I was pleasently suprised to see how much thought went into the design of the F3 to be adaptable for a wide range of riders with very little effort. That's why I plunked down the cash for one and am still waiting to ride it.

Spyder Garage

Default thank you

Thanx for all of the comments. I am also happy with the F3, also love to ride, but you know what..
    Its first time I was able to buy a really brand new thing.. and really i turn on the button for heated grips, and I really feel like.. come on.. you want your machine to be perfect.. that is only the small comment on the plastic cover.
    I really hate the warning lights, and this is what I stand for. several times I was trying to spot if my turning light is on or off and it was causing me then trouble not focusing on road, so now I decide not to use it that often. When you use them with combination as I do, with Schubert helmet and their black shield, dont even try
    Last thing. breaking pedal.. If I buy premium, I want premium stuff. That means, I buy original things - at least those, that are directly connected to safety. They promo was, all adjustable to your needs. So my small need is to break. I bought recommended position for handle bar and for feet, but its still not OK. so I am making comments, that maybe will help in future to get more suitable stuff for tall people like me.

Again thank you for all of the comments.!
    Martin

Spyder Garage

Thanx for all of the comments. I am also happy with the F3, also love to ride, but you know what..
    Its first time I was able to buy a really brand new thing.. and really i turn on the button for heated grips, and I really feel like.. come on.. you want your machine to be perfect.. that is only the small comment on the plastic cover.
    I really hate the warning lights, and this is what I stand for. several times I was trying to spot if my turning light is on or off and it was causing me then trouble not focusing on road, so now I decide not to use it that often. When you use them with combination as I do, with Schubert helmet and their black shield, dont even try
    Last thing. breaking pedal.. If I buy premium, I want premium stuff. That means, I buy original things - at least those, that are directly connected to safety. They promo was, all adjustable to your needs. So my small need is to break. I bought recommended position for handle bar and for feet, but its still not OK. so I am making comments, that maybe will help in future to get more suitable stuff for tall people like me.

Again thank you for all of the comments.!
    Martin
    When you say you bought the recommended position did the dealer have the u-fit hardware set up on a floor model so you could find out what fits you best? If it is not right the F3 is able to be changed handle bar and foot peg wise very easily and cost wise.

Spyder Garage

As I only ride a Spyder now I am used to it. For purely selfish reasons I wouldn't like to see a Factory Handbrake, as this would
    make one less characteristic of the Spyder that is like a car and not a Motorcycle, and here in New Zealand the Spyder is registered
    as a Car and can be ridden on a Car License. If it changed my partner and a lot of my friends wouldn't be allowed to ride a Spyder without having a Motorcycle License. The process to get a full Motorcycle license takes 18 months and can cost up to $1000.00
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Default not really

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ard View Post
    When you say you bought the recommended position did the dealer have the u-fit hardware set up on a floor model so you could find out what fits you best? If it is not right the F3 is able to be changed handle bar and foot peg wise very easily and cost wise.
    Mike, I have bought the very first one that came to Slovakia.. first set of bikes that came to Europe basically, so there were no model to sit and try.. but right away dealer ordered set of handle bars as well as foot peg. The foot peg possition can not go any further.. and honnestly I do not need it. all I need is that the break pedal will be not that high.. but will be more narrow. so it is pity, but I think I need a few inches shorter break rail ale leave the foot pegs where they are.. that is what can do the job.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All bike makers have the same problem they make one bike to fit so many people that is a very hard job that's why we do the mods that we do so the bike fits us
    the only complaint i have is when a make a model like the 2013 RT with all them problems now that is something to complain about

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Shortcomings

Hi guys,

have a great day,
    Martin
    Hello Martin,

I agree with all the little things you have pointed out on your F3 video. None of them bother me as much as the brake pedal. We are in total agreement that this foot operated brake pedal needs to be located downward so I do not have to pick up my foot to apply the brakes! If the F3 came with a hand brake lever, like it SHOULD, then this wouldn't be such a critical thing.

I have a size US 11.5 shoe, and I have the same problem that you do. As I do go back and forth between two wheeled bikes and my Spyder, I find having only a foot operated brake a real PITA! And the fact that the only brake we have, isn't located in the right position, makes matters even worse.

I'm hoping I can locate a hand brake lever that ties into the hydraulic system, and serves the same purpose as the foot brake lever. If I can't come up with that, I will have a low mileage F3s for sale in the near future.

Good luck with your Spyder!

John C

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default lights, brakes

I will chip in here briefly - to fix the fact that indicator alerts are invisible in daytime we added little led's to the mirror, where I (rider) can see them, easy and effective. And maybe other drivers (and grandson pillion) can see them too!
    Re hand brake levers - the LACK was why I bought the Spyder (carpal tunnel) - maybe BRP may consider offering a hand brake kit as an ($$) optional extra, if there really is a demand, but I would hate to see it added to all models! Old cruiser riders are generally used to using the foot brake... and they're great brakes.
    Still waiting on the F3 in Oz so no comment about the heated grips switch!
    All good comments, and thanks for the video.

Spyder Garage

Default reply

John, thank you for your comment. Somebody just placed the post, that he drilled another hole to the brake pipe or I dont know how it is called.
    I will try to talk to my dealer about it as well, coz I dont have all the necessary equipment at home to do it.

Liosk, thanx as well for your comment.. can you share with me more about those LEDs in mirrors.? it really interests me. thanx.
    martin

Spyder Garage

John, thank you for your comment. Somebody just placed the post, that he drilled another hole to the brake pipe or I dont know how it is called.
    I will try to talk to my dealer about it as well, coz I dont have all the necessary equipment at home to do it.

Liosk, thanx as well for your comment.. can you share with me more about those LEDs in mirrors.? it really interests me. thanx.
    martin
    Hey Martin,
    Maybe this is helpful for you... There's a German company that produces really nice additional handbrakes for the RS. Maybe their system can be modified for the F3 (maybe they are working on a solution for the F3?).
    Here is the URL :
    http://www.sixmonkeys.de/
    After all Germany is closer to Slovakia than the US😉
    uploadfromtaptalk1430077089004.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default mirror led

Martin, there are a few options around. We used this one - with a bit of imagination as ST mirrors are different to RT mirrors. We put it across the top so I can see it easily. Length was fine.
    Tricled RT mirror indicators This add on piece is designed so discreetly that it just tucks up above the mirrors or below the mirror housing and taps into your mirror wires so there is no loose wires crossing over into the bike. It is all self contained in the mirror itself. Visually see your blinkers when flashing and allows other motorist to see your flashers from the rear and the side for greater visibility. These turn signals are mounted higher than your factory rear signals making it much more visible when the flashers are on. Specifically design and length to fit the RT mirrors discreetly.

Comes in pairs, 1 left and 1 right. $77 a set inc GST [ie Australian dollars]

Spyder Garage

Default big thanx

Thank you guys for very productive posts!! really appreciate that!!!
    martin