Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New member looking for givi mounting brackets.

Hello everyone. My wife and I have been enjoying our 2008 spyder for a year and a half and are looking to upgrade to do some touring while stationed overseas. We already own a pair of givi v35 cases as well as a givi top case for a Kawasaki Versys I ride so we would like to utilize those on our spyder. The research I have done leads me to believe I need a plx770 and sr770 mounting brackets. Or possibly a pl999 and sr999. Unfortunately, I can't find a vendor that still sells these brackets. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

On a different note, can anyone recommend a quality windscreen for the rs that could reduce buffeting for touring?

thanks,
    Kyle

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    Hello everyone. My wife and I have been enjoying our 2008 spyder for a year and a half and are looking to upgrade to do some touring while stationed overseas. We already own a pair of givi v35 cases as well as a givi top case for a Kawasaki Versys I ride so we would like to utilize those on our spyder. The research I have done leads me to believe I need a plx770 and sr770 mounting brackets. Or possibly a pl999 and sr999. Unfortunately, I can't find a vendor that still sells these brackets. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

On a different note, can anyone recommend a quality windscreen for the rs that could reduce buffeting for touring?

thanks,
    Kyle
    I had givi top case and mounting bracket sr770 mounting bracket and brp back tail section 08' RS - which I don't think they make anymore. I had No luck in internet searching for you.

Windscreens I used both F4 and Madstad - both very good products. Might want to check out their website.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!!

glad you joind up with us..congrats on your ryde..!! can't help with the bags we use soft bags and a mid range shield...
    works well if you like sport ryding but freeway comfort...others will fill you in on the big touring type..enjoy your ryde
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

You do not want the PL999. They are for the regular Givi mono key side cases & NOT for the V35 side cases.

Don't ask how I know!
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default givi

my dad always said - when in doubt, "go to the top"
    Try Givi in Italy - here is a link from a quick search - http://www.givi.it/my-motorcycle#CAN...2808_%3E_13%29
    Good luck
    Only other option may be to try wreckers ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    my dad always said - when in doubt, "go to the top"
    Try Givi in Italy - here is a link from a quick search - http://www.givi.it/my-motorcycle#CAN...2808_%3E_13%29
    Good luck
    Only other option may be to try wreckers ?
    Thanks for the link. From what I can tell all the givi sites I have been to aee only selling the cases as the mounting hardware seems to be discontinued. Hoping there is still a vendor or fabricator on here that still has a solution. I have seen other options (Corbin) for side cases but seems redundant since I could just switch out cases I already own. Also the top case is what my wife really wants for both a back rest and helmet storeage.

Thanks everyone for all the help so far. May end up with a universal plate and some fabrication.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default givi

Thanks for the link. From what I can tell all the givi sites I have been to aee only selling the cases as the mounting hardware seems to be discontinued. Hoping there is still a vendor or fabricator on here that still has a solution. I have seen other options (Corbin) for side cases but seems redundant since I could just switch out cases I already own. Also the top case is what my wife really wants for both a back rest and helmet storeage.

Thanks everyone for all the help so far. May end up with a universal plate and some fabrication.
    I used a givi monokey case mount for top box .a used givi 45 series trunk ..I mounted the rack to a sport rack I got off eBay 4 2 1/2 inch 1/4 20 bolts . 4 3/4 inch spacers home depot ( nylon) mocked up the bolt holes two fit one front of rack ..two rear I Re drilled ..I'll try and post some pics tomorrow I also ordered the call Sci tinted shorty .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

thanks,
    Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

My company is having a pair of PLX770. Please let me know if you are still interested.

Cheers

Spyder Garage

Better late than never.
    I got mine a year ago from Speedmaina in Italy.

See the posts from #6 on, in this thread : http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=GIVI
    Veni, vidi, discessit

Potius sero quam nunquam

Spyder Garage

Default PLX770

Quote Originally Posted by budubade View Post
    Hi Kyle,

My company is having a pair of PLX770. Please let me know if you are still interested.

Cheers

checking to see if these are still available and price please.

Spyder Garage

I went with a 26" madstad and very pleased.

Isn't there a set of the oem givi brackets in the classifieds?
    If not these is another set on Craigslist here in Florida.