Spyder Garage

Default cb Dr harness????

If anyone can answer. Have the bike torn apart did some paint work wiring in about 1000 LEDs and putting in cb. The way only issue is where does the driver headset harness plug in...,directions are pitiful at best. Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JIM EVANS View Post
    If anyone can answer. Have the bike torn apart did some paint work wiring in about 1000 LEDs and putting in cb. The way only issue is where does the driver headset harness plug in...,directions are pitiful at best. Thanks in advance.
    With the CB you should have gotten a COMM harness. This runs up to the switch panel under your handlebars and the jack goes in the empty space between the 4 switches.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks but need to know where it plugs in the bike harness. Can't find the open plug

Spyder Garage

The COMM harness plugs into the Entertainment harness which you must also have to hook up the CB.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Have all the harneses directions say other end of driver helmet connector plugs into the vehicle harness near the main switch cluster connector on the Lt fr of the bike. That is the elusive connection

Spyder Garage

Dealer may have sent me one of the wrong kits. Not sure as the headset connectors on the harness and the cable both have male pins

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have all the harneses directions say other end of driver helmet connector plugs into the vehicle harness near the main switch cluster connector on the Lt fr of the bike. That is the elusive connection
    What year and model bike? On my 13 RT the connector is down on the left side between the frame and engine and above the oil tank. I believe it has a stud on it that plugs into a hole on the frame to hold it in place. It also probably has a dummy connector in it. There are two connectors close to each other. IIRC the other one connects to the center panel switch group harness.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Mine is a 14 RTL. Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    The COMM harness plugs into the Entertainment harness which you must also have to hook up the CB.

Bob
    Nope. Plugs into factory harness on left side. Ent harness is all under the seat at the back.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Mine is a 14 RTL. Thank you
    13 & 14 frames are same so connector ought be in same location.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

first thank you all for the help... second let me explain i am not a stupid man... have owned my own motorcycles dealership do pinstriping custom lighting etc...... CAN SOMEONE SEND A PIC OF THE LOCATION OF THE DAMN PLUG... THIS STUPID MAN CANNOT FIND IT

if anyone can help thanks

Spyder Garage

Still can't find this darn plug. Any help is greatly appreciated

Spyder Garage

The dummy connector should be in the same spot as my 2011.

Have a look at my battery replacement video. At 8 Minutes 20 seconds I show a connector that has a dummy plug on it that I needed to remove to get my battery out. This is the one your looking for.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...a-2010-2012-RT

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

I am confused here as is obviously is the OP.

Jim Evans let's get some accurate detail here so we can help you out.
    Did you buy and install the "Entertainment Harness" that is connected to the radio and has the jacks, that need to be installed in the passenger console and the passenger console to plug the wired helmets into?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Bob excellent video alas on the 15 there is no plug in the back the only rear harness are the 2 main connectors and the seat controls

Spyder Garage

to continue as my cat stepped on the enter key Bob sorry meant 14 ( see cat)

cb installed ,, entertainment harness installed 200 +leds installed chrome stuff installed,, all black body parts painted to match the bike, dash and grilles painted plum crazy....

so the directions say the driver headset harness shoud be routed down with the center switches ( fogs, park brake etc). says it should plug in, in that area. I can find no plug that has a dummy end or is vacant, all the connectors are connected to ones with wires

i have the complete service manual,,, cant find any info there

it cant plug into the entertainment harness as the plug that comes out of the headset harness has male ends.. and the plug the same shape as the headset also has male pins... plus the harness isnt really long enough to reach back there..

this is my dilema

it is a 2014 pearl white RT Limited

Sorry to be a pain

Spyder Garage

to continue as my cat stepped on the enter key Bob sorry meant 14 ( see cat)

cb installed ,, entertainment harness installed 200 +leds installed chrome stuff installed,, all black body parts painted to match the bike, dash and grilles painted plum crazy....

so the directions say the driver headset harness shoud be routed down with the center switches ( fogs, park brake etc). says it should plug in, in that area. I can find no plug that has a dummy end or is vacant, all the connectors are connected to ones with wires

i have the complete service manual,,, cant find any info there

it cant plug into the entertainment harness as the plug that comes out of the headset harness has male ends.. and the plug the same shape as the headset also has male pins... plus the harness isnt really long enough to reach back there..

this is my dilema

it is a 2014 pearl white RT Limited

Sorry to be a pain
    Sorry I don't have a pic I could post for you. I did look to see if I had one last week before I left home for SF! The best thing I can suggest is find the harness that goes to the center group of switches. Follow it down along the left side of the bike between the frame and motor. It connects to the main bike harness about 1/2 way down the side of the bike. At least it does on my '13 RT. The connector you're looking for should be right close by to the connector for the switch harness. Both pigtails exit the bike harness within an inch or so of each other and are fairly short, as I remember. But I do know that on my bike both connectors are anchored into the frame, on the motor side, within a couple inches of each other. I mucked up the push in stub on the headset connector that holds it in the frame. It's difficult to plug the headset harness into the connector while the connector is anchored to the frame.

Of the connectors you found at the back end on the ent harness, one is for the passenger headset and the other is for the XM radio. That's why the ent harness is needed to install the XM radio as well as the CB. The XM radio mounts on the left side of the bike opposite the CB.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

MYSTERY SOLVED.... so after staring at the bike for hours and looking for the ever missing plug.. called the dealer said the harness and cb are installed i will pay you up to two hours of labor to find the plug... so took it to the dealer Monday morning.. know the owner of the place so went back in the shop helped the tech take the side panels off showed him the directions.. he could not find the plug,,, he had a 2013 torn down went and looked at that plug was right where the directions said it should be... no plug on the 14 streched the cable as far front as possible ( which i did also) to where the main harness connnects under the dash no plug...

Tech called can am.. gave part numbers reconfirmed it was a 2014.. the can am guy told the tech to go to a back door can am website for dealers.. there was an update... on 2014 and later the comm plug is removed from the main harness... The driver headset must now be plugged into the entertainment harness the update gave a new part number for the dr headset harness which states in () that the cord is longer to reach the rear harness and also needed is a connector which i imagine is a double female adapter to connect to two male ends of the existing harnesses ..... asked why directions dont state such.. they have not gotten around to updating the directions... so if installing a cb and ent harness there is an updated package with the longer cord last three numbers are 611 otherwise you will have to get the updated harness and connector.. the connnector was .99 and the longer cable was 80.00 working with can am to get reimbursement.

i was relieved that i was just not that stupid that i couldnt find the plug