Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default ISCI Handbrake

Update it is Sep. 25th and ISCI is now saying that they are waiting for the master cylinders so the brake will not be availabel until sept 30th
    or Oct 4th
    has anyone heard anything different? on the bright
    side the bike still looks showroom new

Ric

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjs View Post
    Update it is Sep. 25th and ISCI is now saying that they are waiting for the master cylinders so the brake will not be availabel until sept 30th
    or Oct 4th
    has anyone heard anything different? on the bright
    side the bike still looks showroom new

Ric

I have kind of lost track of which thing was said and when but they did say either when I posted back on June six or maybe early July that they were waiting for "master cylinders". I hope that they will be available on or before Oct 4 for those that need a hand brake but............on the off or not so off chance that they are not you might start looking at alternatives. I was lucky enough to have a friend with what is essentially a machine shop so Jim was great getting my brake done. I was going to go to an adaptive shop that does van conversions and hand controls for the disabled to get the job done so if there is a business in your area that does this type of work you might give them a call.

I am so used to my set up now I don't have any plans at this point to buy the ISCI hand brake.

Spyder Garage

ISCI just called me and they are scheduling the F3 brake kits to start shipping on Tues or Wed of next week.

Yes I did order a kit and they are sending me the mounting instructions by e-mail so I will be able to understand how the kit attaches and works.

Spyder Garage

Default handbake

Mike,
    Thanks for the update, did they give you a price?
    ric

Spyder Garage

Mike,
    Thanks for the update, did they give you a price?
    ric
    Regular price was quoted $1,595.00. He did offer a discount but not sure exactly the amount. I think it will be about 10%

Spyder Garage

Default ISCI Handbrake

Mike,my order is in and i have the instructions for the install it looks like they are waiting for the master cylinder from Italy the instructions are for the footpeg not the floorboards do you
    see that causing any problems? Justin also said that the install should only take about an hour
    Im sure my dealer will take longer than that.Justin also said that the brake lever has some ajustment in it thats a good thing. the lever I had on mt ST limited was quite a reach.
    Ric

Spyder Garage

Mike,my order is in and i have the instructions for the install it looks like they are waiting for the master cylinder from Italy the instructions are for the footpeg not the floorboards do you
    see that causing any problems? Justin also said that the install should only take about an hour
    Im sure my dealer will take longer than that.Justin also said that the brake lever has some ajustment in it thats a good thing. the lever I had on mt ST limited was quite a reach.
    Ric

No I don't see the floor boards being a problem. The mount for the slave cylinder mounts the same and the clevis attaches to the front of the stock brake rod so shouldnt interfere from what I could see from the instructions that they e-mailed me. Check the bottom of page 5, it shows that all of the hardware is installed on the inside. You can see where the peg bolts back on and that is where the floorboard bolts as well.

I will take my time so it probably will take me longer, but it looks easier than when I did my RS. I like the speed bleeders that they are using which sould make things easier as well. The RS was harder because everything was underneath and I did have quite a time getting the brakes bled.
    Last edited by Mike Ard; 10-05-2015 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Additional information

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YOUR WAITING IS OVER

F# hand brake is now available from MotorcycleDave.com

Spyder Garage

Default Hand Brake

Motorcycle Dave thanks for the update it has been a long wait.what master cylinder did you put in the kit?