Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Multiple Sclerosis SUCKS! But living life is awesome.

MS SUCKS!!!!
    My wife is full time in a wheelchair from MS. She says she wants to see the country while it is still ours to see and she is able. We have been traveling, camping, and off-roading in our Jeep for the last 5 years. She was once featured in Momentum magazine http://www.momentummagazineonline.com/crawl4thecure/

A 2015 Spyder RT Limited is being uncrated for us tomorrow. I am not sure how much longer I can keep up with her, she keeps me on my toes with adventure after adventure.

Well, let the new adventure begin.

Spyder Garage

Default ms

I to have MS so I understand what she is going through, mine is relapsing remiting MS (RRMS) since 1996, I have my good days and my bad days.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    I to have MS so I understand what she is going through, mine is relapsing remiting MS (RRMS) since 1996, I have my good days and my bad days.
    Prayers for you my friend. You guys are so tough it always amazes me. Keep living life.

Spyder Garage

I am one of the motorcycle marshals for the MS150 from Houston to Austin.

Will keep y'all in our thoughts.

aeroshots, may you and yours enjoy those adventures.

Spyder Garage

Default Amazing..!!

congratulations to you both for living life to the fullest. You both are going to enjoy this new journey...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Good on you both!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

God bless you both! Get out there and see the beauty of our country the best way possible!
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

I hope you both can visit & enjoy the beauty in every state (& province) before your brave wife feels the journeying is too much for her.

My young neighbour has it & it is painful for me to see the deterioration in her capabilities, but she somehow still manages to teach full time.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

congrats on the new ride!!! may most of her days be good ones from this time forth. we know the spyder will help. it is strong medicine!!

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Named

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    congrats on the new ride!!! may most of her days be good ones from this time forth. we know the spyder will help. it is strong medicine!!
    "Mentalfloss II"

We had a sailboat named Mentalfloss, so this seemed appropriate.

Spyder Garage

Get out there on the bike and forget the limitations of this world. Just be FREE!
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

My wife has Primary Progressive MS and we ride everywhere on our RT. We have a 622 trailer where we carry her mobility scooter. We found a light (58 pounds) scooter that I can get in and out of the trailer without to much trouble. This scooter allows her to be able to get around when we get to our destination. You can check it out at www.luggie-scooters.com
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aeroshots View Post
    MS SUCKS!!!!
    My wife is full time in a wheelchair from MS. She says she wants to see the country while it is still ours to see and she is able. We have been traveling, camping, and off-roading in our Jeep for the last 5 years. She was once featured in Momentum magazine http://www.momentummagazineonline.com/crawl4thecure/

A 2015 Spyder RT Limited is being uncrated for us tomorrow. I am not sure how much longer I can keep up with her, she keeps me on my toes with adventure after adventure.

What timing! Lot of MS Walks this coming month. I have Primary Progressive MS and finally had to sell my most recent bike, Victory Cross Country. After riding 2 wheels nearly 40 years, I now have a 14 RT-SE6 and love it. Still have my face in the wind and wife now comes everywhere with me. Not so much on two wheels! Actually have plans to leave Monday for Death Valley which will be tough as heat is not a lot of fun for people with MS. Anyhow, anyone in the Bay Area, we will be in Oakland April 18th, Walk MS. Would love to see some Spyder riders there!
    2014 RT-SE6
    Akrapovic Sport Touring 3C Silencer
    High Mount Third Brake Light
    Kuryakyn Black ISO Motorcycle Grips
    LaMonster Spyderdock
    LED’s everywhere!
    Russell Day-Long w/ Backrest
    Seal Floorboards
    Spyderpops Bump Skid
    Spyderpops KOTT Grill (Keep Out The Trash)
    Squared Away Alignment

Riding taught me why dogs stick their heads out the window!

Spyder Garage

Thank's for posting Aero.

You are going to like the 2015. Ride as much as you folks can, and enjoy.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Nice to see the ms posts. My wife also has ms and loves to ride. I switched to the spyder last year so she could ride with me and she is enjoying it very much. Got a trailer for trips and looking forward to those. She has the progressive relapsing and rides on good days.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Amen brother! MS brought me to Can Am as well and my RT limited will be on order in a few weeks! Living every day like it's my last! #FUMS

MS SUCKS!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Been riding since I was 19 and I am now in the process of parting with my '11 Kingpin 8ball which has been the love of my motorcycle life. I am not happy to see others with MS (I have RRMS) but I am very happy to see others with the same spirit! Never give up! Never surrender! I always said, MS should have killed me when it had the chance because all it did was piss me off!

Quote Originally Posted by martiniman View Post
    What timing! Lot of MS Walks this coming month. I have Primary Progressive MS and finally had to sell my most recent bike, Victory Cross Country. After riding 2 wheels nearly 40 years, I now have a 14 RT-SE6 and love it. Still have my face in the wind and wife now comes everywhere with me. Not so much on two wheels! Actually have plans to leave Monday for Death Valley which will be tough as heat is not a lot of fun for people with MS. Anyhow, anyone in the Bay Area, we will be in Oakland April 18th, Walk MS. Would love to see some Spyder riders there!

Spyder Garage

Yes, MS sucks for sure. But I'm sure you both know that most "healthy" folks are not having half the fun you two are having - or enjoying life as much. Kari sounds like one great lady. Not sure I could keep up with her.

Thanks for posting the link to the article. Enjoyed reading it.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Wow! So many lives touched by such an incredibly horrible disease. My husband got hooked on this web site and after checking it out I can see why. My name is Diane, four years ago I was diagnosed with MS. The first thing I said to Rob was....I'd do anything to ride on the back of a bike again and feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. Well, don't you know that amazing man went right out and got his motorcycle license? We started renting bikes and the very first one was a Spyder RT! Loved it from the moment I sat down. It offered me the stability I need because my body is no longer strong. In four short year I became worse and now have Secondary Progressive MS. Soooo we sold the house and bought a beautiful 2014 Spyder RT in black currant. She is My Black Rose. When we ride....I forget everything, the disease, the damage to my body, my reduced eyesight, the fact that there are no meds for me to stop this insidious disease I have been given the beauty of forewarning. Rob and I live for the fun of today, and all the today's to come. When I am on the back of My Black Rose I laugh like the girl I was and not the woman I have become. Keep riding, keep hopeful, the miracle may just be around the corner. Until then the best medicine in the world is riding on the back of my Syder with my arms around my husband. Don't ever give in to this disease....it can't win over our love of living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ROB K View Post
    Wow! So many lives touched by such an incredibly horrible disease. My husband got hooked on this web site and after checking it out I can see why. My name is Diane, four years ago I was diagnosed with MS. The first thing I said to Rob was....I'd do anything to ride on the back of a bike again and feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. Well, don't you know that amazing man went right out and got his motorcycle license? We started renting bikes and the very first one was a Spyder RT! Loved it from the moment I sat down. It offered me the stability I need because my body is no longer strong. In four short year I became worse and now have Secondary Progressive MS. Soooo we sold the house and bought a beautiful 2014 Spyder RT in black currant. She is My Black Rose. When we ride....I forget everything, the disease, the damage to my body, my reduced eyesight, the fact that there are no meds for me to stop this insidious disease I have been given the beauty of forewarning. Rob and I live for the fun of today, and all the today's to come. When I am on the back of My Black Rose I laugh like the girl I was and not the woman I have become. Keep riding, keep hopeful, the miracle may just be around the corner. Until then the best medicine in the world is riding on the back of my Syder with my arms around my husband. Don't ever give in to this disease....it can't win over our love of living.
    Amen, Diane, AMEN!

Spyder Garage

Default Calling all MS fighters

Wow, what an awesome group of responses so far. You all have my mind working and thinking of doing something related to/for all or you fighting this disease and living life in awesome ways. I'm not sure were this will go, but lets try.

My email is spiritkayakcharters@gmail.com. If any of you who has MS or are care partners with someone who has MS would send me a picture or two on or with your Spyder, I've some ideas. Please give me contact information as well--name and email is fine. To use any of our photos publishers will need our permission, that is why contact information is needed. Initially I'm thinking a simple article, similar to the one I've posted above, featuring Spyder riders with MS might support awareness campaigns etc.

Like I said, I'm not sure where this will lead, but if anyone is interested you have my email. And please continue to post here. It is awesome hearing from all of you.

Best regards,
    Philippe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Count me in!

I also have M.S. - relapsing remitting - and just switched to a Spyder. Figure it'll let me ride into my 70's. Maybe 80's. I'll be happy to send a pic sometime soon. Being diagnosed with MS (20 years ago) is what inspired me to get a divorce and a motorcycle. More afraid of not living than dying...
    ~Sandee~

My email is spiritkayakcharters@gmail.com. If any of you who has MS or are care partners with someone who has MS would send me a picture or two on or with your Spyder, I've some ideas.
    Best regards,
    Philippe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    God bless you both! Get out there and see the beauty of our country the best way possible!
    Agree , fyi i lost an aunt not too long ago to ms , not sure what other complications, but please do enjoy all you can with the ones you love makes it all the better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Photos speak for themself

Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great pictures!!

I'm not in a wheelchair yet, but I'm pretty sure I can see one from here. I walk with difficulty, even using a cane. I hobble out to the garage feeling old, climb onto the Spyder, fire it up, and all my physical challenges melt away. Financially, I really can't afford the RT, but for the quality of life it brings, I can't afford not to have it. I'm so thankful that my wife overcame my objections. I can fly again.