Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427862494.344796.jpg works for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

is anyone aware that over 60% of licensed drivers qualify for handicap stickers according to the ADA

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Handicaped stickers & plackards

If I were you I would go to your local DMV and get the proper license plate
    for your Spyder like I did... If you use a sticker here it means nothing to the cop writing you a ticket
    for parking in a handicapped parking space, also if you use your hanger from your car you can bet it
    will be missing when you return.... This is the only way to go
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

GOOD I hope they do that more often ....

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    OK Vader, when you stated you "sent away" for stickers it got me wondering. Glad your legal and all. Riding in California last fall someone pulled into a H/C spot beside me and stuck a home made sticker in the windshield. We were both in Starbucks when some one came up to me and asked if I was parked in the H/C spot. They said the police were looking at my Spyder. I went out only to find out they were trying to locate the guy with the phony sticker. They went in and came out with him in handcuffs. H/C parking violation, no drivers license, and wanted on a warrant. They took him into custody and towed his car.

Jack

Spyder Garage

Smile Handicap Sticker

Down here in Australia we have the hanging type pass - rigid plastic with a clear pocket for a credit card size pass.
    The BRP tank bag has a clear pocket on top which is difficult to interfere with & perfect to display the pass.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
    in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming

"WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Spyder Garage

Default With my lic. plate....

With my lic. plate I can park any place I want ALMOST...you can park at meters for free, in any blue zone and if the street
    has a sign saying certain hours for parking, they don't apply to handicapped in other words if it says 2 hour parking you can
    park there all day with out worry of being towed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    As I stated I am my very first post, I do have a NYS issued handicap plaque. I use it when I park. I added the stickers just so those riding behind me are made aware that I have limitations.
    And in NYC, my blue handicap plaque does NOT allow me to park anywhere on the street.. Just in marked spots in parking lots. Although if you are a resident of NYC (the five boros) you can get a different plaque.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    With my lic. plate I can park any place I want ALMOST...you can park at meters for free, in any blue zone and if the street
    has a sign saying certain hours for parking, they don't apply to handicapped in other words if it says 2 hour parking you can
    park there all day with out worry of being towed.....
    Dave..I do have a NYS issued tag. I fabricated a acrylic tag holder that the state issued tag fits in and secure it with a cable lock to ensure it won't "walk" off. I placed the sticker on the rear fender to let those following to maybe give me a bit more room...because I am the rider in the right lane going the posted speed limit. A careless driver nearly ended my life once. I would rather not have to relearn walking,talking,eating and all the other stuff again.
    I may just end up breaking down and getting the state issued plate. I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but I may just.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ptbperegrine View Post
    Down here in Australia we have the hanging type pass - rigid plastic with a clear pocket for a credit card size pass.
    The BRP tank bag has a clear pocket on top which is difficult to interfere with & perfect to display the pass.
    I have a tank bag, and never even thought of displaying my tag there! Great idea!
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Plate way to go. Per my state I'm allowed 2 & the hanger fyi. Mot many hc MC plates made, had to be ordered but got just the same, secure & happy.

minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    SENA 20S EVO

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a tank bag, and never even thought of displaying my tag there! Great idea!
    You might wish to check with your state DMV, because in FL the tags have to be visible from the front of the vehicle (in the windshield) or on a permanent plate on the back. Using a tank bag may be perfectly legal, but if the LEOs aren't expecting to see it there, you might be cited and have to explain it.

Spyder Garage

And then...there was the time...

Alaska used to have a HC sticker thingy that could be attached to the license plate of a MC--here--.

We were on a group ride, our destination restaurant was next door to a second restaurant. I parked my in the HC space in front of the restaurants. The "other" restaurant called the police to report me. The people in the restaurant said the cops are outside looking at the . I went out and talked with the officer. Had to point out the HC sticker on my license plate. He could also see, that I was legit.

I gave the people in the "other" restaurant a nice wave, went back to the restaurant and finished my meal. The "other" restaurant lost about 25 potential customers that night.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    You might wish to check with your state DMV, because in FL the tags have to be visible from the front of the vehicle (in the windshield) or on a permanent plate on the back. Using a tank bag may be perfectly legal, but if the LEOs aren't expecting to see it there, you might be cited and have to explain it.
    Cop has a bad day , WE ALL HAVE A BAD DAY!

minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    SENA 20S EVO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    if you don't have the license plate type but have the hanging type what you are doing is good. Don't know about the helmet one but the fender one is good....
    I punched holes in my wifE's placard. When she rides with me, I zip tie it on so it can't be easily stolen. Then when it's time to go again, I just cut the zip tie and toss it.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    .... I expect sooner or later we can expect a comment from someone who can't be bothered to look at the plate if we park in a wheelchair space.
    If they can't be bothered to look both ways when turning, why would they look at a license plate?
    I was once tongue lashed by an ignorant lady WHILE I WAS UNFOLDING MY WALKER for parking in a H/C designated spot.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Default Handicap Stickers

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Biggest abuse of H/C Placards I have seen is they are way out of date. Some by years. Probably 1 out of 4 are out of date and no longer valid and still taking up a H/C space. In AZ the Placard has holes punched out for expiration date. and not real easy to tamper with. Several I know have children with disabilities and still use while the child is not with them. Then there is the wife or husband using when the disabled is not with them.

There are many abuses with the 6 month temporary placards. People continue to use them long after they expire. IMHO license plates with handicap privileges is the best way to go and the most legitimate way but even they are abused by spouses and other family members. As we all know the H/C person must be present to use any of these.

Jack
    I too have a Handicap Plate, the registration that you carry in the glovebox shows who the applicant is, and my wife as co-0wner. Of course the registration must be displayed to a LEO on request along with a drivers license, if the DL doesn't match the applicant a large ticket is issued. As with others I have good days and bad days, carry a cane in the saddlebag all the time and if the wife drives and I am passenger we are good. I have had a few nasty ones, till I walk out slowly with the cane and they don't say anything further. The ones that get to me are people that park in the HC space, jump out and RUN into the store, I block them in and call for a LEO, caught a kid using grandma's permit that way and she wasn't there.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

I just hope these "stickers" are being supplied by your "state".
    If not you may come back someday to find your Spyder has been towed.

AJ

Having suffered a TBI in 2001, I was sure my riding days were over..but not so. I decided to order 2 vinyl handicap stickers to attach to my helmet and rear fender. When I park, I can display my plaque in an plexiglass holder I made. I secure it through the arm of the mirror.
    I had mixed feelings about the stickers. Not sure if I will leave them on or not. On one hand, some say it will make me a target. Other say I should get a break and maybe even be a conversation starter with those that may not understand my injury, which would be great.
    Any thoughts?

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinLV View Post
    I just hope these "stickers" are being supplied by your "state".
    If not you may come back someday to find your Spyder has been towed.

AJ
    Not sure what you mean..I have a state issued handicap placard, which when I do need to park in a designated spot, is displayed in a holder (my wife help design)and secured via a cable lock to the front mirror arm. Why would anyone tow my Spyder? I don't seem to understand your comment.
    Again, the purpose for applying the stickers to the rear fender and helmet was to make those driving behind me aware that I have a disability, thereby letting them know..which in turn could provide me a safer distance from the front of their vehicle, as well as possibly opening up a conversation either with their passengers or a fellow rider. I would never attempt to mislead anyone, including law enforcement.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Not sure what you mean..I have a state issued handicap placard, which when I do need to park in a designated spot, is displayed in a holder
    That's all I was referring to!

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Vader any pics? Or just standard HC symbol I totally agree to hlp in driving conditions, could cause concern if left as only identifier in parking spot. Hope not making confusing, just what gathered from thread fyi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    SENA 20S EVO

Spyder Garage

I have a hanger as well I used to use on my GoldWing and Harley, I had 3 of them cut off and or removed while
    parked, none of them were taken off in California... they were removed while on motorcycle trips with my wife
    in other states... why? who knows... That is why I got the plates. In California the stickers don't mean anything
    to the police because the state does not issue them. If you do not display the lic. plates or the hanger state issued
    plan on returning to your Spyder only to find it missing....
    Ride Safe everyone
    Dave

Not sure what you mean..I have a state issued handicap placard, which when I do need to park in a designated spot, is displayed in a holder (my wife help design)and secured via a cable lock to the front mirror arm. Why would anyone tow my Spyder? I don't seem to understand your comment.
    Again, the purpose for applying the stickers to the rear fender and helmet was to make those driving behind me aware that I have a disability, thereby letting them know..which in turn could provide me a safer distance from the front of their vehicle, as well as possibly opening up a conversation either with their passengers or a fellow rider. I would never attempt to mislead anyone, including law enforcement.

Spyder Garage

Default Stickers

Many of you say no for the helmet and you have valid reasons but on the other hand, the sticker on the helmet can let people like first responders know you have a physical limitation.
    2015 RS-S , Black and orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mjrkx250 View Post
    Many of you say no for the helmet and you have valid reasons but on the other hand, the sticker on the helmet can let people like first responders know you have a physical limitation.
    I never thought of that! Thanks!
    I also have a medic alert dog tag I wear around my neck which lists my issues.
    Thanks for posting.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

I never thought of that! Thanks!
    I also have a medic alert dog tag I wear around my neck which lists my issues.
    Thanks for posting.
    Great idea. I'm looking for some wheelchair stickers for my wife's helmet. We have a license plate with the wheel chair symbol, but its so small a dime will cover it up. I'm hoping that a half dollar size helmet sticker will help in many ways, the least of which is the stares we get until I unload her wheel chair from inside the RT-622 trailer. The tag office thought I was nuts for asking for a wheelchair tag for the trailer--they do not exist anyway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aeroshots View Post
    Great idea. I'm looking for some wheelchair stickers for my wife's helmet. We have a license plate with the wheel chair symbol, but its so small a dime will cover it up. I'm hoping that a half dollar size helmet sticker will help in many ways, the least of which is the stares we get until I unload her wheel chair from inside the RT-622 trailer. The tag office thought I was nuts for asking for a wheelchair tag for the trailer--they do not exist anyway.
    I found the stickers, 4", on ebay.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

New Mexico has nothing for 2 or 3 wheels other than the hanging mirror. That has be stolen 2x off my bike so shrank the original in color and laminated it and taped it to the wind deflectors with all showing, dates and all and was told that that was ok as long as all was visible. Now have never had it stolen