Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

I simply place mine on the rear seat between trunk and backrest. No locks no tie downs. Never had a problem for 60+ years but then again if I do it is an excuse to buy a new one. Yes I ride with an expensive helmet. (Arai)

Jack
    I do the same and we also use Arai helmets.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am with you on that.....
    I have a riding buddy named Bill, I will leave his last name off of here, he has been getting a lot of ribbing for this.... Bill always
    hangs his helmet on the handle bars but no more, while out with a bunch of us riding we stopped for lunch and he did the usual and
    put his helmet where he always does and while we were in eating a CAT PEED in his helmet..... you could smell him boy it was bad...
    he had to junk the helmet because he could never get the smell out of it... now good old Bill puts his helmet right side up on the seat
    or in the side bag or he will carry it in with him...
    That helmet was a new Mag
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    our vendor/sponsors have several. I have seen the bar end locks, license plate lock, under the seat clips (not great on the panels) and the cable locks. most bike shops sell simple helmet locks that you can attach wherever you find the space. I am not happy hanging my helmet upsidedown (birds happen etc).

Spyder Garage

Default Use a Helmet Bag??

Hmm. Well, for anyone not terribly concerned about sh*tting birds or p**ing cats, here are pictures of what my Lidlox helmet locks look like installed...

Maybe I'll start slipping a cloth helmet bag over the helmet when I use the locks. That ought to take care of the cat & bird problem.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Hmm. Well, for anyone not terribly concerned about sh*tting birds or p**ing cats, here are pictures of what my Lidlox helmet locks look like installed...

Maybe I'll start slipping a cloth helmet bag over the helmet when I use the locks. That ought to take care of the cat & bird problem.
    +100

That is how I roll but with Kuryakyn ISO Grips and the Kuryakyn helmet locks....

When the saddle bags and frunk are full with my Wife's day of shopping, this works great for US!

One thing I do though is remove the Sena units from the quick disconnect bracket on the helmet, and lock those up.

Then I put the cloth bags that came with our helmets around the helmets to keep crap (like your sh*tting birds or your Pu*king cats ) from getting in them and the sun off of them.

So again, this is my solution, like yours, and I love it.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

So, earlier in the thread I said we just took our helmets with us where we went.....LOL....I was looking at LidLox's site and my wife caught me browsing. She said "those are cool, order a pair for us"........UHHHH, Ok, If I have to. If you say so honey.

Order placed. WooHoo
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default It's Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by MZEMS2 View Post
    So, earlier in the thread I said we just took our helmets with us where we went.....LOL....I was looking at LidLox's site and my wife caught me browsing. She said "those are cool, order a pair for us"........UHHHH, Ok, If I have to. If you say so honey.

Order placed. WooHoo

What we will do to keep peace in the household isn't it?...... I'm glad you stepped up and bit the bullet.
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor35126 View Post
    What we will do to keep peace in the household isn't it?...... I'm glad you stepped up and bit the bullet.
    Sometimes ya gotta take one for the team.
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I think that people think on two wheels it could tip over and there is less chance of it tipping over with three wheels which probably makes people a little more bolder.
    One time I saw some lady's head bouncing up and down, when I went out to investigate she was on the spyder bouncing up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The uniqueness of the vehicle attracts the inquisitive...
    Unfortunately; nobody ever taught them to look only with their eyes...
    ("It is a great day for hockey." Bob "Badger" Johnson)

KM6KSQ

2021 Blue RT Spyder
    Comfort Seat
    BajaRon Bar

2012 Bronze RT-Limited Spyder ///SOLD///
    Inspector Gadgets Floorboards $150 & Highway Pegs $65, BajaRon Bar, Corbin Seat & Armrests

2008 Yellow GS SM5 Spyder ///SOLD///
    Corbin Seat, Seal Floorboards, 3" risers, CalSci windshield, DWG Speakers, Spyder front and back decal, passenger foot peg extensions.

2015 Yellow Chevy Camaro Convertible

Spyder Garage

Have the helmet lock for the end of the handle bar, on both bikes but concerned that the new Bell helmets and Sena 10 intercoms will be taken. As small as the Frunk is on the F3's, it is the only thing I can put in there.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

I cable lock my full face usually the the grips but found smaller cable that fits through gap in handlebars so I can sit on top of gps. Was handy in colder weather as I went in to eat my helmet would soak up heat coming out of vent while parked. Warm ,not foggy. Frunk stays too full to try (pack rat) fyi. Have locked to the saddle bag grip as well, sits better.
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post

HELMETLOK-II/2 RUBBERIZED MOTORCYCLE CARABINER STYLE COMBINATION HELMET LOCK/LOK about $20 ebay 1 1/2 opening
    I like this

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    One thing I've observed in nearly 3 years of having a spyder: people that would not think of touching anything Harley/other 2 wheels, somehow think it's ok to make themselves at home on a spyder.
    I don't understand this either. If you think of a Harley you vision this hells angel type and when they look at the Spyder they envision me, an old fat white guy.
    no threat!
    Stefan

Spyder Garage

Default WELD WIRE

Quote Originally Posted by elkk View Post
    Has anyone come up with another way of securing helmets besides placing them in the frunk or the cable lock through the passenger grab rails?
    you can go out and buy some very nice items to secure your helmet when not in use, however, there is no reason on the new F3's or the GS/RS/STS to get carried away on price. i DIY'd a 'quick & dirty' little hook out of a scrap piece of 3/32" dia. X 4" long Inco 718 weld wire... i looped one end, and fastened it to the seat bolt and the other end is just like my fish hooks... i attached the clasp on the helmet chin strap to the hook, lock down the passenger seat, and i'm good to go...
    check out the pix... a very easy and cost effective little idea...

if anyone needs additional info, just ask...
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GunDoctor View Post
    Have the helmet lock for the end of the handle bar, on both bikes but concerned that the new Bell helmets and Sena 10 intercoms will be taken. As small as the Frunk is on the F3's, it is the only thing I can put in there.

The Sena units remove easily from the clamp. I remove them and lock them up.
    I also use the nice cloth helmet bag and put them on the helmets so it's not so easy for someone to walk up and mess with them.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I had thought about the Nice red cloth with Bell written on it to use, but it just screams attention. Folks now a days would just cut the chin strap to take it. I don't mind using it for some of my other helmets. We always try and park where I have visual to our bikes. Seems people think it is okay to sit on them as long as no one is around. Let's face it, theses Spyders stop people in their tracks and they have to look, touch and take.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    you can go out and buy some very nice items to secure your helmet when not in use, however, there is no reason on the new F3's or the GS/RS/STS to get carried away on price. i DIY'd a 'quick & dirty' little hook out of a scrap piece of 3/32" dia. X 4" long Inco 718 weld wire... i looped one end, and fastened it to the seat bolt and the other end is just like my fish hooks... i attached the clasp on the helmet chin strap to the hook, lock down the passenger seat, and i'm good to go...
    check out the pix... a very easy and cost effective little idea...

if anyone needs additional info, just ask...
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S
    The F3 already has, not 1 but 2 helmet locks built in under the passenger seat. Not sure why you put the hook on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    I bought this lock ($6.40) to secure my helmet on trips... goes thru the D ring and around the backrest bracket...

osm

Great idea! And I happen to have one I recieved,free, when I purchased a shotgun..score!

Spyder Garage

take a look at my Avatar

I have my helmet guard dogs
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    One thing I've observed in nearly 3 years of having a spyder: people that would not think of touching anything Harley/other 2 wheels, somehow think it's ok to make themselves at home on a spyder.
    Probably because they don't have to worry about it falling over on them
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default PLZ

The F3 already has, not 1 but 2 helmet locks built in under the passenger seat. Not sure why you put the hook on.

PLEASE TELL US JUST WHERE THOSE ARE LOCATED......???
    PIX if possible...
    dp

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default THX

HOT DAMN, THX......
    even my dealer is unaware of these....
    dp

Spyder Garage

Then my work is done...

Spyder Garage

Can you believe this thread has generated over 74 posts. A simple what to do with your helmut when stopped. You people scare me!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Most of the time, mine, Shark, goes in frunk , when travel especially in summer, helmet on seat, jacket over it and a cable thru both. Several M/C catalogs have them or stores. some of these same one have a helmet cover with hole in the closed end so it helps keep the rain out and the sun off the helmet on other helmet locks. I feel for the man about the hat.
    I used to leave on seat, but getting leary anymore
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner