Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I did like in the article that in the comments that followed, the Spyder had a good amount of support...The one thing that I always shake my head at is for people who assume that everyone rides for the same reason they do. One poster even mentioned "who wants to hold the throttle and not lean in the curves"?. I laugh because that is exactly what I want. I like highways/freeways and would feel pretty good if I never saw another "twisty". My way is not the norm, but my point is many people have different reasons for why they ride and what they like to ride. I used to put a lot of time into expressing my opinion and debating the place of the Spyder, but now I don't debate because the place of the Spyder is in my garage beside my Road King or on the highway helping me enjoy life. Good luck Ryders!

Grady Brown III
    President & Founder
    For The Love of Laila...and your baby too
    www.ftllm712.com
    Check out the Events page at www.ftllm712.com for upcoming events

We are Riding to save lives!!!

Facebook

Twitter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ArachnidRyder View Post
    Is there a British equivalent to the term "frunk" derived from the American "front trunk"?
    I first saw that expression used here on SpyderLover's pages about 5 years ago and thought then what a great word invention it was. The first time I remember actually hearing it was my dealer during his new owner walk-around. He was describing the two ways of releasing the RT's frunk catch.

The English language is a wonderful work in progress, lending itself to change and adaptation as required by common usage.

To answer your question: Nope, cousin, frunk just can't be beat! (Strange that SpyderLover's spell-checker doesn't yet accept it tho)!

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    I believe it was your legendary Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, who is reported to have the said something on the order, "America and England, two great peoples separated by a common language!"
    It was indeed. Winny was very quick witted, even when he was much the worse for wear. At some gathering of England's gentry he was slurring his way through his speech when Lady Astor unkindly declared that he was drunk. Without missing a beat he thundered back, "Yes, Madam, and you are ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober!"

Wonderful riposte!
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 03-24-2015 at 04:47 AM.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I think the 600 ACE engine would be a bad move. That engine can barely power a 500 lb sled to decent performance levels. I have to think it would be severely under powered for a Spyder weighing 200-300 lbs more. Entry level or not, if the bike doesn't offer acceptable performance its not going to "bait the hook". It's going to push people in another direction. It might even be fair to say the 998 doesn't offer enough performance for a "sport" version Spyder (RS, RSS) and that's why they aren't more popular with a younger buyer.
    Hi Rob,
    Remember; the rolling resistance of the Spyder is WAAaaayyyy... less than that of the snowmobile...
    The 998 offers enough for anybody who might actually be interested in this type of ride; it's the COST factor that might be hurting it in the marketplace.
    My guess:
    A smaller, lighter Spyder with the 600 ACE and CVT drive, would have sufficient power to run at highway speeds at a much lower price point.
    If folks need more; just write a larger check!

Of course; BRP has their own folks working on this and other issues. They've got lots of market studies that prove to them, that mine is a VERY bad idea...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-24-2015 at 07:21 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Quote

I love that quote and the way it binds us as well as poking fun at both of us. The quote, though is actually attributed to George Bernard Shaw
    Spyder Junkies, Mike &Lenise

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    I love that quote and the way it binds us as well as poking fun at both of us. The quote, though is actually attributed to George Bernard Shaw
    I may have missed it;but, here's an article I found, and I don't see George Bernard Shaw listed.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/08/17/sober-tomorrow/

Spyder Garage

How about Churchill's answer to Mary Astor when she said " If I were married to you, I'd put poison in your coffee." He replied " If I were married to you, I'd drink it."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I may have missed it;but, here's an article I found, and I don't see George Bernard Shaw listed.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/08/17/sober-tomorrow/
    I was referring to the quote about separated by a common language. Check Google and the list of Shaw's famous quotes. My college professor always attributed it to Shaw but there may be some controversy.
    Last edited by Big Mike; 03-24-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default If it was more popular..

The aftermarket for the Spyder would be stronger and there would be more options for power adders (I realize that many feel power isn't a problem). The TAM for the powersports market is pretty large, and Cam-am can probably grab a larger share of it by bringing to market a rawer version of the RSS at below 10k. This is about market creation, not just short term profitability.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hi Rob,
    Remember; the rolling resistance of the Spyder is WAAaaayyyy... less than that of the snowmobile...
    The 998 offers enough for anybody who might actually be interested in this type of ride; it's the COST factor that might be hurting it in the marketplace.
    My guess:
    A smaller, lighter Spyder with the 600 ACE and CVT drive, would have sufficient power to run at highway speeds at a much lower price point. [emoji106]
    If folks need more; just write a larger check!

Of course; BRP has their own folks working on this and other issues. They've got lots of market studies that prove to them, that mine is a VERY bad idea...
    So you think brp should make scooters? Like a 3 wheeled burgman?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What makes you think that It'd be just a "scooter"?
    What is your definition of "Scooter"?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-24-2015 at 07:12 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    What makes you think that I'd be just a "scooter"?
    What is your definition of "Scooter"?
    Last edited by Magdave; 03-24-2015 at 06:51 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default Sypder Ad!!!

Well, finally I just saw my first Spyder commercial on TV a few minutes ago on A&E. As Deanna says, "Woo Hoo"!!!!!!

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

Peugeot Has been building this in Europe.

http://www.carnbike.co.uk/mahindra-b...ndia/#more-678

2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment