Spyder Garage

Default All Gave Some, Some Gave All

http://www.youtube.com/embed/LemllfcAY8A

If you remember what the title of this thread means, you may like this video.
    I did my medical training at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center when the more injured POW's were air evacuated from Vietnam. The injuries were many and varied. Fitzsimons was the the orthopedic center for the Army at that time, so if you had bones involved in your injuries you were coming to FAMC. Most of them were unable to eat solid foods for quite a while as their stomachs were unable to keep it down. Many were amputees, or wound up losing limbs, due to chronic infections, gangrene was not uncommon either.
    The psychological effects of prolonged captivity was extremely evident, especially in the guys captured for a long time.
    The memories of my past are often punctuated by the strengths these guys survived with, even in the face of their hopeless situations. There are a lot of people that pooh-pooh prayers, but these guys were not among them.

Doc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor View Post

I did my medical training at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center when the more injured POW's were air evacuated from Vietnam. The injuries were many and varied. Fitzsimons was the the orthopedic center for the Army at that time, so if you had bones involved in your injuries you were coming to FAMC. Most of them were unable to eat solid foods for quite a while as their stomachs were unable to keep it down. Many were amputees, or wound up losing limbs, due to chronic infections, gangrene was not uncommon either.
    The psychological effects of prolonged captivity was extremely evident, especially in the guys captured for a long time.
    The memories of my past are often punctuated by the strengths these guys survived with, even in the face of their hopeless situations. There are a lot of people that pooh-pooh prayers, but these guys were not among them.

Doc
    Thanks for your service Doc! Only wish the entire nation understood the sacrifice of so many, to give them what they have today!
    2013 ST L , Black Current

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor View Post

Doc
    Thank you so much for your service .
    I have many of the same memories.
    WELCOME HOME SOLDIER !!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Thank You.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

When many Viet Nam vet are asked the question, When were you in Vet Nam, the answer is last night. Viet Nam was my war, but riding in the PGR, the same thing can be said all the wars since no matter the name is.
    Thnk you to all who have served in the Service. May you never be forgotten

A Flag coving a coffin is a debt that cen never be repaid

Oldmanzues
    TET 68
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your service Thanks for posting the video. Saw it before & will watch it again in the future. Always hated having to yell Corpsman because a fellow Marine was down, always overjoyed when he /they got to him never happier than when they reached me. I sure do hate reliving it over and over.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting this. We must Never forget.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Spyder Garage

Thanks Doc. I remember it well. I hadn't been back from Viet Nam long when this occurred. 29 March is National Viet Nam Veterans Day. We here in our county will be having a function on 28 March. I am posting The Letter.

Dear Vietnam Veteran,

I know I should have written much sooner, I can’t say why I did not.
    Out of fear admitting to myself you were there fighting a war. Or
    maybe ashamed, ashamed that I never accepted the things you felt
    you had to do.

Whatever it is, I know how it must hurt. Believe me when I say it hurts http://www.beastriders.com/products/beastriders/me more. I have the burden of your heart plus that of my own. The pain of not being able to show my true feelings towards you.

I am not writing this for the months you spent in Vietnam, but for the many years you were left alone with only your brother Veterans. You served proudly and it went unmentioned.

For a long time I’ve wanted to express the words, the words an honorable Veteran needs to hear. For a long time, I’ve wanted to hold you during your times of pain.

God knows I wanted to, and only He knows why I found the courage. I do not remember what I use to say, maybe I do not want to remember. All I know is I hope that it is not too late to give you those things now.

For years you tried to be part of my world. Doing everything to please me, just to be noticed and given a little time and understanding.

I look back and see the demands I placed on your shoulders when you were young. Fight your weakness, and always show strength to others around you.

Who was I to make such a demand? I sit here with tears in my heart, finally admitting to myself the one weakness you must have seen in me and never questioned. My inability to say the words that I know would have meant so much to you.

Welcome Home…………You served your country proudly.

Please hear these words now, from my heart. Please give me a chance to be a part of your world now. The world I should have been a part of long ago.

Love,
    America

THE LETTER

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Thank you.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426737906.510510.jpg