Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Base 2015 RT SE6 - Info and Pictures required

I am in the process of looking to upgrade my 2010 RT-S - SE5 for a base model 2015 RT SE6

The reason I am going to the base RT due the cost saving against the RT-S or RT LIMITED
    (More money for me to add my chosen accessories)

I am aware of the difference in them with reference to Auto Suspension, Footboards, Heated Rear Passenger Handrails etc
    but I am not sure if the following are on the base model

Chrome trims - Under the front Trunk nr the air intake, on the Panels at the front that have Can Am in lettering on them, Windshield Bracket trim, Saddlebag trims where the reflectors are, Rear Trunk lid with the BRP Badge on it and the chrome trim on the mirrors where the indicators are.

Are any of the above included on the Base Model or are they options you have to purchase on top of the price of the Spyder

I am not sure what the base Spyder RT looks like and it's difficult to see on the BRP Website

I know the UK Model may be slightly different to the USA/Canada Models but this is usually the Lighting system

Can anyone post some pictures to help me decide if the Spyder RT looks ok without the chrome pieces if they do not come as Standard

Thanks
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Maybe this will help!

FYI the base model does not come with the tri-axis handlebars so not sure why he shows them.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I preface this by saying - "This is my choice & my opinion"

I went from a 2010 RT "S" SE5 to a 2014 RT SE6. There was nothing on either the "S" or "LTD" that I wanted or missed, and ended up with a terrific buy. After 3,000 miles, I am not sorry I opted for the Base RT. I have added Seal Floorboards (cheaper & better that the BRP units), my own GPS (that I prefer), a better windshield, a comfort seat, and vastly improved suspension. This summer, I am planning a 3,000 mile trip - staying in hotels every night. All of the added farkles, and the trip tossed in, still totals far less than the "S".

What did I lose? A little chrome, the adjustable on the fly rear suspension, fog lights, a couple of gages many remove, unwanted BRP floorboards, and fugly front fenders. I gained the 1330/6 drivetrain, with all of the accessories I deemed necessary - cruise, adjustable windshield, iPod connectivity, and RT storage.

Go for the Base, and add your own choices. After 3 years on a "S", I don't think anything in the upper models is worth the entry price.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 03-15-2015 at 10:06 AM.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BASIC RT

...Dragonrider nailed it.......and saved $ 8-9, 000 less than the LTD model. I also got the basic , made my own floor boards and backrest and 12v sockets and JBL speakers and LED Fogs and all sorts of other LED's etc etc etc ......all my Mods cost me less than $300......Good Luck....Mike

Spyder Garage

...I'm looking to get an RT very soon. Do you guys have to air up the shocks very often because another thread reported hearing the on board compressor coming on every once
    in a while ? Also I can't find a base model in my area, these doesn't seem to be many '14's

tia

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The reason the compressor comes on regularly is it has a link to the swing arm to keep it at the same level. An auto leveling system, you just set the firmness. This is not on the base model.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Most of the left over '14s are LTDs, and are still priced over $25K. Looking on Fleabay & CycleTrader, There seems to be a dealer in Central Florida with a few Base units left over.

Conversely, a new '14 "S" is currently about the same price as a new '15 Base, and the "LTD" is about $2K more.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought my 2014 Base model for the same reason. Didn't need all the extra stuff I already had. I Also wanted to put my RT SE5 (6) DLX Seal Floorboards on because they are just better and cheaper than BRP'S. I have a number of Dealers who automatically put them on their Floor models and the flight the door. By mid May I plan to have Seal Floorboards that will fit ALL 2013, '14 and '15 Rt's I now offer Seal's with a Heel and Toe shift for all RT SM years.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Sealcreativeconcepts.com

Spyder Garage

John - I couldn't agree more.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    The reason the compressor comes on regularly is it has a link to the swing arm to keep it at the same level. An auto leveling system, you just set the firmness. This is not on the base model.
    Thanks, but my question was Do you have to air up the rear shock periodically
    on the base model ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    I bought my 2014 Base model for the same reason. Didn't need all the extra stuff I already had. I Also wanted to put my RT SE5 (6) DLX Seal Floorboards on because they are just better and cheaper than BRP'S. I have a number of Dealers who automatically put them on their Floor models and the flight the door. By mid May I plan to have Seal Floorboards that will fit ALL 2013, '14 and '15 Rt's I now offer Seal's with a Heel and Toe shift for all RT SM years.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Sealcreativeconcepts.com

This was one of the main reasons I like the base model - I had fitted the Sealboards to my current Spyder RT - S 2010 Model because they give me more area to move my feet around
    I have a disability which means I need to keep my feet firmly seated and the Sealboards give me this option
    I know I can just change out the current footrests with the sealboards

It will be interesting to find out what changes John is going to make to the sealboards as I find them perfect as they are
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wishey1 View Post
    Thanks, but my question was Do you have to air up the rear shock periodically
    on the base model ?
    Just like tires. Some leak faster they need fixed. It also depends on 1 up or 2 it is a little stiff for a single rider if you fill to 50lbs like I do for 2 up.

http://www.motorcycle.com/specs/can-...r-rt/base.html
    Last edited by Magdave; 03-16-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Just like tires. Some leak faster they need fixed. It also depends on 1 up or 2 it is a little stiff for a single rider if you fill to 50lbs like I do for 2 up.

so, I air my truck tires up about every six mths. Once or twice a year isn't that bad. I was thinking once a ride, that would be a pain...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wishey1 View Post
    so, I air my truck tires up about every six mths. Once or twice a year isn't that bad. I was thinking once a ride, that would be a pain...
    Once a month is normal for me and I have had it replaced. It is a small air bag and doesn't hold much. Temp difference can play havoc with it. Just checking it you will loose 2-5lbs I have a gauge that allows bleed down so I over shoot a touch and bring to 2lbs above where I want it.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    This was one of the main reasons I like the base model - I had fitted the Sealboards to my current Spyder RT - S 2010 Model because they give me more area to move my feet around
    I have a disability which means I need to keep my feet firmly seated and the Sealboards give me this option
    I know I can just change out the current footrests with the sealboards

It will be interesting to find out what changes John is going to make to the sealboards as I find them perfect as they are
    I'm not going to change the Original Seal Floorboards, (why fix what aint broken?) just design one's to fit the 2013, '14 & '15 RT S and RT Ltd. that have those weenie BRP boards. I get calls for them every day. Hopefully they'll look very similar to the original ones. I want all Spyder Lovers to.......

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Sealfloorboards.com

Spyder Garage

Hi Eddie,

I have a '14 RT SE6 UK model, don't know what has changed if anything. I too struggled to find the differences, as above, differences with ltd/rts; no aux gauges, no front lining or light in frunk, no heated passenger grips, no chrome, no air compressor, footboards, older style front fenders, no nav or bags (ltd).

Ignore the Male Model

Personally I think the RT base is the best kept secret. I ideally wanted an RTS in Black, they didn't do one, and it was £3500 more anyway. I'm delighted with this, I would have liked to have had the footboards, all the blacked out metal components, instead, the wheels, muffler shields, side footrest plate trims, handlebars are all silver. No chrome anywhere bar the can am badges, just how I like it! I actually think it looks better that way but that's just me, more of a stealth person.

However, the RT does get the full music system, adjustable windshield, triple piston engine, 6 speed, brembo brakes, same light units (none of the UK have fogs).

I have bought new displaced RTS black handlebars, wheels and air compressor kit about a year ago but haven't fitted any of it!! I'd like to black out the components, the footboards I'm fine with the pegs, as is my wife with hers, she suffers with a bad knee but she has been ok with the pegs. The BRP floorboards are nearly £1k! In hindsight I wouldn't have bothered with the compressor, would have rather spent going down the elka route probably.

You'll love the ACE if you haven't tried it already. We were originally looking at a used Spyder, but having tried the RT we were smitten.

Where are you looking to buy from?

Cheers
    Nito
    Last edited by Nito; 03-18-2015 at 05:51 AM.
    1330 RT SE6 Timeless Black...
    "Tre Pistoni, Tre Ruote, Tre Mendo"

Spyder Garage

Nito

Thanks for the Photo's They have been most helpful

Will more than likley go to a dealer as I want to p/x my current spyder - With the new F3 due to be released in the UK around the end of March/Early April there may be some trade in's of RT's for the new F3
    Although the idea of a brand new 2015 Base RT is hard to dismiss esp with the cost saving against the RT-S or RT LTD Models
    Will do some more research before a final decision is made
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Spyder Garage

Have you ridden the triple yet Eddie?

If you need any more info just ask. We bought from Ian and Mark at GS Jet tech and they were both incredibly helpful, honest and straight talking throughout the whole process. Bikes were immaculately prepared and we spent loads of time and numerous visits with test rides etc.

cheers
    Nito
    1330 RT SE6 Timeless Black...
    "Tre Pistoni, Tre Ruote, Tre Mendo"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    Nito

Thanks for the Photo's They have been most helpful

Will more than likley go to a dealer as I want to p/x my current spyder - With the new F3 due to be released in the UK around the end of March/Early April there may be some trade in's of RT's for the new F3
    Although the idea of a brand new 2015 Base RT is hard to dismiss esp with the cost saving against the RT-S or RT LTD Models
    Will do some more research before a final decision is made
    Don't any of the UK dealers have any 14 models left over? You can get some great deals here on 14 RTS and RT Ltd. so much that you could still save money changing out the stock floorboards to after market ones that you prefer.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nito View Post
    Have you ridden the triple yet Eddie?

If you need any more info just ask. We bought from Ian and Mark at GS Jet tech and they were both incredibly helpful, honest and straight talking throughout the whole process. Bikes were immaculately prepared and we spent loads of time and numerous visits with test rides etc.

cheers
    Nito
    Glad to hear nice things about GS Jet teh. They just became Seal Floorboard dealers. They will be getting their first order in a couple of days. Check them out! The RT base model w/ Seal Floorboards is the best of both worlds.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    sealcreativeconcepts.com