Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default need a lot of advice

2014 sts factory seat factory floor boards. This is the problem after I ride 10 min or so my upper back starts to hurt right across my lower shoulder blades. If I ride for a long time I hurt so bad after I don't want to get back on it. I've moved around on the seat front and rear and that does not help. I've moved my feet on the floor boards and that seems to help a little! Has anyone experience this and what was the fix!?

Spyder Garage

Default ASPIRIN

YOU MAY THINK I'M NUTS, BUT TAKE A FULL SIZE 'ASPIRIN' A HALF HOUR BEFORE DEPARTURE....
    I USE TO TRAVEL OVER 100,000 MILES EACH YEAR ON PLANES, AND I HAD LOWER BACK PAIN WITHIN 15 MINUTES OF TAKE-OFF... A STEWARDESS ONCE GAVE ME 1 ASPIRIN AND TOLD ME ABOUT TAKING ONE PRIOR TO EVERY FLIGHT... IT'S WORKED FOR OVER 40 YEARS... TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT...
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    YOU MAY THINK I'M NUTS, BUT TAKE A FULL SIZE 'ASPIRIN' A HALF HOUR BEFORE DEPARTURE....
    I USE TO TRAVEL OVER 100,000 MILES EACH YEAR ON PLANES, AND I HAD LOWER BACK PAIN WITHIN 15 MINUTES OF TAKE-OFF... A STEWARDESS ONCE GAVE ME 1 ASPIRIN AND TOLD ME ABOUT TAKING ONE PRIOR TO EVERY FLIGHT... IT'S WORKED FOR OVER 40 YEARS... TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT...
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S
    That would be a very cheap fix and I will try that tomorrow!!

Spyder Garage

Default Curious..!!

are you relaxing your grip..?? Tight grip will put pressure on the shoulders and back. May not be your case but have seen this many times. Hard to relax the grip for many. If not the case you may need a better handlebar position. I hear tri-axsis bars are great...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Tri Axis Handlebars and Rider's Backrest... no more shoulder, back or neck pain.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Default Shoulder pain / back pain

I have an ST-L and have the shoulder pain and back pain. Mine isn't as severe as yours just very annoying and uncomfortable. I switched out my seat for a BRP comfort seat and that helped a bit but I was still having some shoulder pain. (My first choice would have been the Corbin Lamonster seat) I have also ordered the standard RT handle bars and those will be put on this Friday. I think the tri-axis bars would have been the best change but those are just too pricey. I am hoping with these couple of adjustments I will be sitting up straighter and will get rid of that little forward tilt. I will post after I get the handle bars on to let you know if that helped me.

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default back pain

I would like to say that a daily stretch routine is the only thing that has keep me riding. Some basic long yoga hold postions will make a huge difference. I have noticed all the pro long distance riders all do stretch workout before racing. Every time I stop now I do a quick work out. I walk with a cane and have had many back problems myself. it takes time to get the flexablity into you. but it is well worth it to keep riding. I also use a little ice /hot rubbing lotion. I hope this might help

BJ

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greatrides View Post
    2014 sts factory seat factory floor boards. This is the problem after I ride 10 min or so my upper back starts to hurt right across my lower shoulder blades. If I ride for a long time I hurt so bad after I don't want to get back on it. I've moved around on the seat front and rear and that does not help. I've moved my feet on the floor boards and that seems to help a little! Has anyone experience this and what was the fix!?
    What's you're height, weight, age and general health? Do you have a strong or weak core? Explain your riding position (angles) that causes irritation? Without knowing more about you specifically you're just shooting in the dark for advice that could prove expensive or more harmful.
    SmoothSpyder Backrest | Removed 'CanAm' graphics | ThermoTech II Wrapped Exhaust | 2014 Vented Side Panels | BajaRon Sway Bar | BajaRon Heim Links | Bump Skid (via SpyderQuest & SpyderPops) | Rivco drink bracket, reversed, with X-Grip for phone holder | BRP Ultra Touring Windshield | Givi Hard Saddlebags | Russell Day-Long Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoLmtz View Post
    What's you're height, weight, age and general health? Do you have a strong or weak core? Explain your riding position (angles) that causes irritation? Without knowing more about you specifically you're just shooting in the dark for advice that could prove expensive or more harmful.
    40 years old 260 lbs and 5ft 11 health not to bad. I have a very physical job and so core is not to bad I don't think. I never had this problem with the rs witch I put 35000 miles on in 2 years. I keep my feet forward on the floor boards and set toward the back of the seat which makes me reach just a little to the bars. I have noticed if I put my feet behind me and rest them against the back boards it helps somewhat. I feel and could be wrong that the bar height is just not right how I ride. Thanks for all the input!!

Spyder Garage

Typically this is associated with your arms being too tight and pulling your shoulders back. It happens a lot to cyclists. Try relaxing your grip and putting a bend in your elbows. Try a few different angles but the solution may be your reaching for the handlebars too much and when you grab them you're too tense. When you put your feet back it causes your upper body to rotate forward a bit thus relaxing the tension on your shoulders from your arms.

The solution may be to move your handlebars up and closer, but experiment a little before you buy anything.

Hope you can find the solution!!!
    SmoothSpyder Backrest | Removed 'CanAm' graphics | ThermoTech II Wrapped Exhaust | 2014 Vented Side Panels | BajaRon Sway Bar | BajaRon Heim Links | Bump Skid (via SpyderQuest & SpyderPops) | Rivco drink bracket, reversed, with X-Grip for phone holder | BRP Ultra Touring Windshield | Givi Hard Saddlebags | Russell Day-Long Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    DAN P
    SPYD3R F3-S

I have tried that, and it does work.

And when you get home/destination, lots of water!

Spyder Garage

One other thing, how is your Helmet,is it heavy?I know over a long ride if i'm wearing a heavy modular helmet I get pain between my shoulders and into my neck.You may look into something lighter if you haven't got something light already.

Spyder Garage

You have to relax your grip. Need to relax in general on the bike. Try some more relaxing roads and slow down to practice this.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Pain!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleSpyder View Post
    I have an ST-L and have the shoulder pain and back pain. Mine isn't as severe as yours just very annoying and uncomfortable. I switched out my seat for a BRP comfort seat and that helped a bit but I was still having some shoulder pain. (My first choice would have been the Corbin Lamonster seat) I have also ordered the standard RT handle bars and those will be put on this Friday. I think the tri-axis bars would have been the best change but those are just too pricey. I am hoping with these couple of adjustments I will be sitting up straighter and will get rid of that little forward tilt. I will post after I get the handle bars on to let you know if that helped me.
    putting on a backrest made huge difference for me

Ron

Spyder Garage

Default need a lot of advice

My girlfriend had this issue with her RSS. Tried a lot of things. No longer a problem, traded it in for the F3. Totally changed body alignment, grip, weight transfer and the big smile seems to have done the trick.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad