Thread: Highway Pegs

Spyder Garage

Default Highway Pegs

Share some pictures of your highway pegs on your Spyder. I have some of Lamonsters NVR brackets with Kuryakyn pegs. Looking at the best set up as far as location of the pegs to the front fenders and the lower deflectors. Like to stretch my legs out when riding but on my 2011 RTL my feet would hit the front fenders when stretching. I just bought a new 2014 RTL and I need to get the brackets and pegs on for some long rides coming up. Help me out.

Spyder Garage

Default Installed

Well I just bit the bullet and installed them. With a little tweaking I think I got them in just the right position for me. I had the 4 inch bar installed when I put them on my 2011 but I used the 20% bar when I installed them on the 2014. Like the 20% positioning better. 200 mile ride today motivated me to get it done. Funny how a cramp in the hip can motivate you to get the install done.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Geezer View Post
    Share some pictures of your highway pegs on your Spyder. I have some of Lamonsters NVR brackets with Kuryakyn pegs. Looking at the best set up as far as location of the pegs to the front fenders and the lower deflectors. Like to stretch my legs out when riding but on my 2011 RTL my feet would hit the front fenders when stretching. I just bought a new 2014 RTL and I need to get the brackets and pegs on for some long rides coming up. Help me out.

Spyder Garage

Default Where..!!

where are these pictures..?? will check back...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Pics tomorrow

Will post some pics tomorrow. Wife is on her way home from work. I better get her some supper ready. She worked while I played all day. Good woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    where are these pictures..?? will check back...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default hi way pegs

what about hi way pegs for a 2009 GS, any pics of that out there.

Spyder Garage

Here is my setup.
    I actually remove the curved adjuster bracket which can move them farther.
    Reason? My 13" feet would hit the fenders in a turn if too far forward. Also it brought them up too high for my long legs.

I am 6' 4" and I also have the BRP comfort seat that moves you back 2 more inches than the stock seat.
    So this turned out to be my sweet spot.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I agreee with bigsmoke. I would also like to see pics on an 09 GS. Been thinking for the past few years about getting them and this might be the year. Can't decide on which setup to get though. Pics would be really nice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Geezer View Post
    Check what I did: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...making-it-mine post #11

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Default Pics of the finished job

Here a few pics of the finished job. Took it out for a ride afterward and what a difference it made. I put the 20 degree brackets on this time instead of the 4 inch brackets and I love the change. Puts the foot in the right position for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Pics Posting

Pics didn't exactly turn out like I had planned but its the first time I tried posting pics and obviously a lesson. But I think you get the idea of how they turned out.