Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Need help find backrest

Hi all I am looking for a nice backrest for my wife for our st s 2013 been
    looking and can't find a thing any help would be greatly apprecied

Spyder Garage

Default spyder backrest

hey how's it going?...I know bpr makes them and there is one called a smooth spyder backrest..on page 2 of this forum there's a thread that talks about it

Spyder Garage

The Utopia is a pretty good aftermarket backrest. You do have to make a slit in the seat, but when mounted its a pretty good backrest. It does have slight adjustment to it. Cost about $250.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jima View Post
    Hi all I am looking for a nice backrest for my wife for our st s 2013 been
    looking and can't find a thing any help would be greatly apprecied
    The Smooth Spyder backrest converts from a pillion backrest , to a riders backrest when you are solo. http://www.smoothspyder.com/backrest/

Spyder Garage

I second the SmoothSpyder Backrest... here's a pic I posted today about seats... the support arms you see rotate backwards and the backrest angles a bit differently and becomes the backrest for the passenger. You can even move the backrest pad up for more upper back support. At that point the driver has no backrest, except the chest of your passenger (preferably female... and always my wife!!!). There's no removing or disconnecting, just slight loosening and tightening with built-in ratchet bolts.

It's made by SmoothSpyder - http://www.smoothspyder.com/backrest/

Attached Images Attached Images
    SmoothSpyder Backrest | Removed 'CanAm' graphics | ThermoTech II Wrapped Exhaust | 2014 Vented Side Panels | BajaRon Sway Bar | BajaRon Heim Links | Bump Skid (via SpyderQuest & SpyderPops) | Rivco drink bracket, reversed, with X-Grip for phone holder | BRP Ultra Touring Windshield | Givi Hard Saddlebags | Russell Day-Long Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    The Smooth Spyder backrest converts from a pillion backrest , to a riders backrest when you are solo. http://www.smoothspyder.com/backrest/
    Only problem I have with it is when I need to get gas. Then I need to move it so I can raise the seat. Pretty easy but it is an added step when using it as a driver back rest.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RunSharon View Post
    Only problem I have with it is when I need to get gas. Then I need to move it so I can raise the seat. Pretty easy but it is an added step when using it as a driver back rest.
    Simple enough and adds more comfort to me i leave in raised seat position fyi. Does me great
    glad to see others that feel the same aboutSMOOTH SPYDER, I had chance to meet Jim fyi great guy and helped me install mine as well. Not the best pic but here's one anyway.

2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Better pic

2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I'm new to the Spyder world. We just bought a 2013 ST Limited and it came with a passenger backrest on it. All the driver backrest I've found are for RT. So what's the best rest for just the driver. Nolmtz, just wondering why you didn't have Russell make a factor rest for your seat. I have an RDL on my Nomad and just love it. Oh yay this is my wives Spyder but she dosen't do forums

Spyder Garage

Default Keep trying

Quote Originally Posted by Framer View Post
    I'm new to the Spyder world. We just bought a 2013 ST Limited and it came with a passenger backrest on it. All the driver backrest I've found are for RT. So what's the best rest for just the driver. Nolmtz, just wondering why you didn't have Russell make a factor rest for your seat. I have an RDL on my Nomad and just love it. Oh yay this is my wives Spyder but she dosen't do forums
    Bring up spyderlovers and hand her the computer. Tell her that she's safe and that people she has never met will give her help and advice.

Remember to "Live before you die".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Burped View Post
    Bring up spyderlovers and hand her the computer. Tell her that she's safe and that people she has never met will give her help and advice.

Remember to "Live before you die".
    Im not sure that will ever happen. She see how much time I spend on forums and how much money I've spent being on them ( mods and such) I think she thinks I'm wasting my time.