Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I call it my Yellow Phoenix ... few of my 2 wheel friends call it a bass ackwards trike

But i just say see ya at the finish line as my toy is faster in the 1/4 than any of their 2 wheelers
    Parents need to eat more garlic...why?? children are energy vampires

Spyder Garage

In Iowa, it is registered and licensed as a motorcycle. I need a motorcycle license to ride it, so I would say it is a motorcycle. A very FUN and unique one!

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 "Rusty"

Spyder Garage

When most people comment on mine (including other riders) they say, "Nice bike!"

AFAIC, it's a motorcycle and a trike.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

I call mine what comes to mind while talking about it, mostly Spyder, all fun and do not care what other people call it.
    This has been going for lots of years. A couple (?) years ago, AMA tried to get a standar discription for a motorcyle for all states. partly because of a lot accident for the little scooter trucks a lot of cities/schools used. They gave up.
    Ialmost hate to ask this, but is a Elio a car or a motorcycle? England used to have a lot of three wheel cars because of Road Taxes.
    Have Fun
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

A motorcycle has always been referred to as a Harley,Goldwing a 2 wheel motorbike.All over the Western world it has been referred to as a motorbike.Bicycle meaning 2 wheels.You are not riding a motorcycle.You may like to think you are but you are not.You are riding a tricycle 3 wheels.A reverse trike at that.
    BRP like to call it a roadster.That is equally wrong.A Slingshot could be referred to more accurately as a roadster.
    its simple you are riding a trike.It would be nice if all those wannabe bike riders would get realistic and refer to the Spyder as a trike.If you really want to ride a bike get out there on two wheels.
    Having said all the above the Spyder is a very cool machine and a lot of fun.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default WHAT IS A SPYDER

I CALL IT MY RIDE. SIMPLE, EASY, TAKE IT FOR WHAT YOU WANT. The Government mandates it as a motorcycle, EITHER WAY IT IS MY RIDE AND I LOVE IT.

Spyder Garage

Default TRI=

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERGUY1 View Post
    I CALL IT MY RIDE. SIMPLE, EASY, TAKE IT FOR WHAT YOU WANT. The Government mandates it as a motorcycle, EITHER WAY IT IS MY RIDE AND I LOVE IT.
    To me, tri=3 Bi=2 so TRIKE, my spydie trike..

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Bike, by Merriam Webster definition includes bicycle, motorcycle, motorbike, and stationary bicycle. Motorcycle, by NHTSA definition includes three wheelers. So, by definition a Spyder is a motorcycle which means it is also a "bike". Besides, bike is only four letters to write and type, and motorcycle is 9 letters, and one syllable to speak. Motorcycle is four syllables! I'll stick to bike!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I will still STICK TO RIDE....