Spyder Garage

Question Help with Swat bar

I am trying to install the Baja Ron Swat bar on my 2014 RTS. I have the spyder on blocks 20" high, Left side panels removed, both ends of the stock bar unbolted and the stock links removed. I am having trouble getting the stock bar loose and out. I am more of a visual learner so I am having trouble understanding the written instructions. Has anyone who has changed the bar on a 2014 have any suggestions? Any help is welcome. I have looked at the 2011 video but it's not much help in how to get the bar out.

Gary C

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You do have the bolts out that go through the frame.? You need to turn the sway bar so the ends are facing down. You will probably need to tap (not beat) with a hammer to get it to start sliding.

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There are 2 bolts that go thru the frame that are holding the bushing blocks and sway bar in place that have to be removed.

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

I have the bar ends turned down but didn't see any bolts. I will go out and look for them and remove them. I was just about ready to use the old construction trick and "get a bigger hammer" Thank you both for the help. I will let you know what happens in a little while.

Spyder Garage

The bolts through the frame they are speaking of also go through the sway bar bushings. Stock ones are black blocks of plastic that holds the bar.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote Originally Posted by hognut View Post
    I am trying to install the Baja Ron Swat bar on my 2014 RTS. I have the spyder on blocks 20" high, Left side panels removed, both ends of the stock bar unbolted and the stock links removed. I am having trouble getting the stock bar loose and out. I am more of a visual learner so I am having trouble understanding the written instructions. Has anyone who has changed the bar on a 2014 have any suggestions? Any help is welcome. I have looked at the 2011 video but it's not much help in how to get the bar out.

Gary C
    ....First off, you need to exchange the " SWAT " bar for the " SWAY " bar. Then just follow the instructions from Ron.....easey peasey....really .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Some Great Information Here!

It is amazing the expertise I find on this forum regarding the products I sell. Very good students indeed!

I am sure the advise you've received is accurate. And while I am also a big fan of the bigger hammer, it isn't going to do you any good this time.

You do need to locate the 2 Sway Bar Bushing Retaining Bolts located in the same channel which holds the sway bar. There is a bushing at each end of the sway bar channel and that is where you will find the bolts you need to remove. They are small and the same black color as the frame channel. #'s 6&9 below.

Hope this helps. You're almost there!

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Smile Its DONE

I got the sway (aka swat) bar on and the spyder is back on the ground and ready for tomorrows test ride. I want to thank you all for the help. Thank you stormtrooper for the offer of phone help. Ron the diagram helped also. The instructions were damaged in shipment so the last sheet of diagrams was very hard to see. The actual work to change the bar was not at all difficult once I found out about the "hidden bolts". Again thanks to all.
    Gary C

Spyder Garage

I got the sway (aka swat) bar on and the spyder is back on the ground and ready for tomorrows test ride. I want to thank you all for the help. Thank you stormtrooper for the offer of phone help. Ron the diagram helped also. The instructions were damaged in shipment so the last sheet of diagrams was very hard to see. The actual work to change the bar was not at all difficult once I found out about the "hidden bolts". Again thanks to all.
    Gary C
    I can always email a copy of the instructions to you. Too late now, I realize. But it might help the next person.

Glad you got the 'Swat' Bar installed! A Rose by any other name! Hope you love the new ride!

Spyder Garage

Default There you go...!!

love when a plan comes together. Glad you held off on the sledge might have hurt yourself. These start to finish threads are fun... thanks for letting us know.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I like the Swat bar rather than the sway bar
    Might just kill those pesky road gremlins
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Spyder Garage

Default Test ride

Well I got in the test ride after installing Ron's sway bar yesterday. I was a little skeptical that it was going to be as good as people have said. I have been riding since the late 40's and have purchased a lot of "snake oil" parts in that time. I am now a believer and very pleased with the improved handling. My wife noticed the change in the first few corners and feels safer. Thank you Ron for the quality product.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-11-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you got it changed out and got to ride.

Spyder Garage

Well I got in the test ride after installing Ron's sway bar yesterday. I was a little skeptical that it was going to be as good as people have said. I have been riding since the late 40's and have purchased a lot of "snake oil" parts in that time. I am now a believer and very pleased with the improved handling. My wife noticed the change in the first few corners and feels safer. Thank you Ron for the quality product.
    The most important aspect of any mod is a happy wife! You did good!

Enjoy a great riding season!