Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Anakrid View Post
    My 2012 is disabled and my mechanic says he cannot find an answer as to why it runs fine for 20 minutes then throttle gets goofy, blubbering, slowing, only wants to run at higher rpm and dies at stops. Will restart but just idles--no throttle response. Let it cool off for 30 minutes and it's OK again------------odd part is temp gauge shows lower than normal reading---------they tell me they have called in on dealer help line and no help from BRP. Hints of trouble with all 2010 to 2013 engines-------I have two and am so damn unhappy--these are our retirement bikes and we cannot afford to have been screwed with crap products----
    I have called BRP myself and they will get back to me within a few days------------hope this gets settled soon as I'm thinking very bad thoughts!
    You're in the wrong place... This recall deals specifically with 2013 RT models...
    Have you tried actually pulling up active error codes when this happens?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Three Weeks Into May - BRP, Why Can't You Provide Some Insight?

BRPCare,

We are now three weeks into May, the month we were told the recall on the 2013 RT would begin.

Surely, there is some information that can be shared with the owners of 2013 RT Spyders.

We all have ryding plans for the season which entail hotel room reservations, registration fees for events . . . and here we sit, not knowing information that may impact those plans. Dealers can't make appointments for recall work, nor do they know how much time will be taken up by the recall repairs. Without that information, we can't make intelligent decisions, and must either decide to pass on the season's events, or run the risk of losing hotel room deposits and registration fees for events we end up not being able to attend because our Spyders are sitting in a dealership being worked on.

Do you really expect to begin the recall repairs in the next ten days? Is the work to be done really so secret that we can't be told what it entails, yet?

It is really past time to share some information with your customers . . . or, perhaps, change your username to something other than BRPCare. . . perhapsBRPDoesn'tCare
    Last edited by Dan McNally; 05-21-2015 at 08:12 AM.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    BRPCare,

We are now three weeks into May, the month we were told the recall on the 2013 RT would begin.

Surely, there is some information that can be shared with the owners of 2013 RT Spyders.

We all have ryding plans for the season which entail hotel room reservations, registration fees for events . . . and here we sit, not knowing information that may impact those plans. Dealers can't make appointments for recall work, nor do they know how much time will be taken up by the recall repairs. Without that information, we can't make intelligent decisions, and must either decide to pass on the season's events, or run the risk of losing hotel room deposits and registration fees for events we end up not being able to attend because our Spyders are sitting in a dealership being worked on.

Do you really expect to begin the recall repairs in the next ten days? Is the work to be done really so secret that we can't be told what it entails, yet?

It is really past time to share some information with your customers . . . or, perhaps, change your username to something other than BRPCare. . . perhapsBRPDoesn'tCare

BRP says that there is no secrecy regarding the RT recall, and yet here we are still not having a clue as to what is going to be done, when it will be done, and how long the repairs will take. It seems to me that BRP is doing it's level best to drag this thing out for as long as possible, but why? What is the reason for the total lack of communication from BRP to dealers & owners. If BRP sincerely wants to build better customer relations, this behavior is absolutely the wrong way to go about it.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

it's a shame, but the people that have the problem bikes will never know what is going to happen until they are ready to announce it. no matter how many times people ask, i personally feel you might not know anything till the first bike is done. this idea of theirs to keep it quiet only add questions to what they have planned, if what they have come up with does solve the problem than why not tell the owners that this will permanently fix the issue. even if they are waiting for parts to be made why don't the dealers know what to expect for future work that is going to be coming in. i am glad i took the loss and bought the 14 rt.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My Advice

Just keep Ryding until the dealer calls you to bring it in for the recall, you will feel better with a little Wind Therapy, and before you know it........they will have it fixed!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

i just had a idea, and that could mean trouble, but here it goes. do you think that BRP has to tell the transportation board of what they have planned to fix the issue, and if so has anyone reached out to the guy BOB to ask him if he knows anything. just a thought
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

We will not let this issue effect our summer plans. Louise 2013 will go to the dealer when OUR schedule permits and the parts are there waiting on her. There will be NO need for the bike to sit there for weeks or months.

Ride you Spyder and feel better. Let BRP fix it sometime next month when the parts are at the dealer.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i just had a idea, and that could mean trouble, but here it goes. do you think that BRP has to tell the transportation board of what they have planned to fix the issue, and if so has anyone reached out to the guy BOB to ask him if he knows anything. just a thought
    I posted that a long time ago. He knows, BRP knows only ones who don't know are the people who paid the $$$
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    We will not let this issue effect our summer plans. Louise 2013 will go to the dealer when OUR schedule permits and the parts are there waiting on her. There will be NO need for the bike to sit there for weeks or months.

Ride you Spyder and feel better. Let BRP fix it sometime next month when the parts are at the dealer.
    This is EXACTLY my plan as well. And when I decide to get the work done, I think (hope) I've built up enough trust with my dealer by now to ask him to go ahead and order the parts and call me when they are in. Both you and I are in the position, JC, to exercise this option without thinking much about it. That's because you and I made the decision to save all of the money it would have cost to dump the 2013 and upgrade, and then put a small portion of that money into rectifying the heat problem on our own. And if I had it to do over again, I'd do exactly the same thing.

But I don't express this sentiment a lot on this forum, because everyone didn't have that option, depending on the magnitude of the problem with their own bike, their dealers willingness to work with them, or where they live, or possibly a host of other reasons. For me, the wait has been only mildly irritating, yet tolerable. But for those who still have gas vapors filling their garage, and who wonder, with every hot weather ride, if THAT ride might be the one that makes them a statistic; this ordeal is truly frustrating and agonizing. I get that. And, while I mostly understand BRP's postion, I agree with them that it would be nice if BRP showed more that they get that as well.
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-21-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Active Member Lone Spyder Ryder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default There would not be so much complaining if

If BRP gave a dam after the sale of Spyder. Last time I checked complaining is The ONLY way to get BRP's attention!!! I have serious problems with the new 2013 ST LIMITED as I did with the 2008 & 2009. Your right to blame owners about BRP's many problems, is the same right I have to complain about the poorly built Spyder I have. Wouldn't be so bad but they have know about the "to hot to ryde problem since they come out in 2008 (had same problems as with 2009) and this 2013. IMHO anyway.
    When you change the way to look at things,
    the things you look at change!
    Dr.Wayne Dyer

Spyder Garage

it's a shame, but the people that have the problem bikes will never know what is going to happen until they are ready to announce it. no matter how many times people ask, i personally feel you might not know anything till the first bike is done. this idea of theirs to keep it quiet only add questions to what they have planned, if what they have come up with does solve the problem than why not tell the owners that this will permanently fix the issue. even if they are waiting for parts to be made why don't the dealers know what to expect for future work that is going to be coming in. i am glad i took the loss and bought the 14 rt.
    I was at a dealer yesterday to have my RSS worked on and asked what they would give me for a trade in on my 2013 RTL on a new 2015 RTL and I was told 17000. So the bike has lost almost half it's value in less than 2 years with only a little more than 3000 miles. With the letter from the dealer if you ride when it is warmer than 85 degree than you ride at your own risk as they have warned you. I for one will still be riding my bike and have been above the 85 degrees. Why would I spend so much money on a bike that has to sit if it is too hot. With they way they are handling this I am not sure I would buy another bike from them. I love my spyder but I need to be able to ride when I want not have to check weather conditions to ride.

Traded in - 2013 RT SE5 Limited - Pearl White
    Mods Mods
    Tri Axis handlebars
    GPS mount for the Tri Axis handlebars
    Ultimate seat with driver backrest
    Driver cup holder
    3rd Brake light -truck
    Spyderpops bumpskid
    Bayaron swaybar with Heim links
    Lidlox

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Just a side note

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Spyder Ryder View Post
    If BRP gave a dam after the sale of Spyder. Last time I checked complaining is The ONLY way to get BRP's attention!!! I have serious problems with the new 2013 ST LIMITED as I did with the 2008 & 2009. Your right to blame owners about BRP's many problems, is the same right I have to complain about the poorly built Spyder I have. Wouldn't be so bad but they have know about the "to hot to ryde problem since they come out in 2008 (had same problems as with 2009) and this 2013. IMHO anyway.
    ....I think you meant Damn, not Dam as in Folsom! They may not give a damn either for all I knwo!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

BRP still has six business days to keep their promise. Today (5/21/15).

Let's reserve final judgment until we find out what is proposed.

When the fixes start being applied, then it will be seen if BRP fixed it or if BRP has ventured into deeper doo doo.

It has been a very long wait for a lot of customers, and I can see why the patience is running very thin.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Complaining to BRP was like talking to a brick wall.... I've had official BRP incident numbers that the dealers responded their best too but could not resolve my problem with fumes.
    They don't even follow their own incident tracking back to the customer for a "VERY SATISFIED" conclusion like the auto dealers.

They give a damn.. but it's based more on math & money not safety.

It's easy.
    5000 RT's made in 2013 I read here some place.

Say average retail cost $29,000.00
    5000 x 29,000.00=145 million bucks worth of problems.

That's a little chunk of change they'd be concerned about.

I'm surprized the media has not run with this more but certainly that will change if we are all disappointed.
    Last edited by condorflysu; 05-21-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got a solution for the folks who think that BRP doesn't give a damn...
    Sell your bike at ANY price, and take up bowling...

NONE of you have had any of the repair work done on your bikes yet...
    BRP doesn't care about you; any more than you care about THEM.
    They are a business entity, and care about their bottom line...
    Didn't you care about your paychecks, more than you did your boss?

Okay... I'm off of my soapbox now.

Spyder Garage

A few of us remember your issues with the 2008 and 2009 when you were posting way back when. Your burned up PE2683 and the new 2009 replacement that also developed issues.

I took great interest because I owned both a 2008 and 2009. Both are still up and running here.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-21-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Had a flashback and thought I was on GL1800riders.com for a minute hehehe Anyone for a flamewar? What happens if BRP doesn't get to announce a fix for another month because once they figure out what they want to do then they will have to figure out how to do it and get ALL that out to their dealer network? Any of you 2013 owners want to trade me even up for a 2010 with NO problems and allllllll new front suspension? (but no radio). (just kidding).

Does this remind anyone of the roll-out of the Affordable Health Care Act?
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I've got a solution for the folks who think that BRP doesn't give a damn...
    Sell your bike at ANY price, and take up bowling...

NONE of you have had any of the repair work done on your bikes yet...
    BRP doesn't care about you; any more than you care about THEM.
    They are a business entity, and care about their bottom line...
    Didn't you care about your paychecks, more than you did your boss?

Okay... I'm off of my soapbox now.
    That soap box is stacked awfully high. HOPE YOU DON'T HURT YOURSELF GETTING DOWN. After that statement
    2013 RT SE5
    Bajaron sway bar
    Bajaron heim links
    laser alignment from dealer
    Inspector Gadget floor boards
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Grip Puppies
    HEAT RECALL COMPLETED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nope.. I'm fine!
    Thanks for your concern!

Spyder Garage

Default HIJACK

soap boxes brake under my weight so i use a ladder. and remember the last step on the ladder says STOP
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

From Robert Young at NHTSA in response to an email asking if there was any new information he could share:

" The remedy is still on track for release this month. Until BRP publicly details the remedy, we cannot provide any information about it."

So, I guess we hurry up and wait . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup...
    Would you like some ribs, or do you prefer Bratwurst?

Spyder Garage

Default Shocking!

I must say I am totally shocked here we are rolling into the start of summer weekend and still no response for those of us waiting... I guess we will know something in the next 9 days. Good gosh... Whats another 9 days in the grand scheme since February....
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP said, "May"...
    May ain't over yet!
    Personally; I think that they'll announce what the fix is, on May 29th...
    Does anybody have any other ideas?

Spyder Garage

You know I figured today would have been the day long weekend. Time for people to absorb it and understand it but I was wrong. I think your guess of the 29th is probably right on the button.
    2015 RT , Black