Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Paul,
    ........not directly related to the Dyna beads, but re the tyre shop not being able to balance.......when I ordered my front and rear tyres from my tyre shop, they suggested I book in at the bike shop on the way home as they could easily do the balance on their equipment. Sure it cost a few bucks, but it was a solution if you want your tyres balanced the normal way and the tyre shop doesn't have the right equipment.

p.s. I didn't do that as the tyre shop said that with the Kuhmos I was buying, they would be very well balanced as long as they were aligned to the valve......plus, I had just ordered Lamont's Balancers.

Pete
    Thanks Pete but no reliable bike shop in less then 70 miles,so as much as I can I do my own work.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The only difference is the way the brake is mounted. Very similar but instead of being bolted as the old style brakes are it will have a tang, or nub, that is located to position the front part of the brake caliper assembly. You will have to locate the brake on the tang and line up the hole for the axle to slide thru. Not hard, just take your time and take pictures if you want a reference for something before you take it apart.

If you need extra room to slide the wheel in place, you can take the brake pads out and use needle-nose pliers to screw the brake piston in to give you more room.

I also found it easier to back off the alignment bolts for the rear axle by four FULL turns before putting the drive belt on. I match marked the bolts before loosening them and you MUST make the same number of turns on each bolt! DISCLAIMER: YOU RUN THE RISK OF CHANGING THE ALIGNMENT OF YOUR BELT IF NOT DONE CORRECTLY! I did it and nothing changed.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Get some PB Blaster penetrating oil. Works the best of any I've tried.

2013 RT-S SE 5

Spyder Garage

I think I jacked mine up before loosening the lower bolt on the shock, then adjusted the jack height to slide the bolt out.
    Last edited by BoilerAnimal; 09-06-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Corrected Auto Correct!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Spyder Garage

Pete you did release the shock height linkage 1st right? If so then you can jack up the rear end to take pressure off the shock bolt and to get you some room to swing.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Pete you did release the shock height linkage 1st right? If so then you can jack up the rear end to take pressure off the shock bolt and to get you some room to swing.
    I did, thanks. I ended up putting the front wheels up on ramps, then jacking up the aft end of the frame far enough to get some room to work. Then, had to wait for Jane to come home so she could hold the breaker bar on the bolt head while I used an extended (with a piece of pipe) wrench on the nut end. It finally broke loose with a loud crack! and the rest was simply finding the sweet spot where the load is off the shock bolt and out it came!

Now back to the video to figure out how to remove the caliper .... OOPS, cancel that. Just read BoilerAnimal's post above. I guess with my year / model the caliper bracket has a hole for the axle bolt to go through ... have to study it some more.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 09-06-2017 at 06:37 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Pete,

it's probably too late now (I only just saw this, sorry), but here's my (detailed) notes from my F3-L rear wheel remove and replace. There might be something you can take out of it for the reinstall.

2016 F3 Limited - REAR WHEEL REMOVE & REPLACE FOR DUMMIES

PLEASE NOTE ......THIS R&R PROCESS IS FOR THE F3 WITH THE NEW REAR WHEEL WITH INTEGRATED HUB, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS BY FINLESS AND LAMONSTER (both of which are for the old style wheel with removable hub). IT IS DESIGNED FOR THOSE WITH A GENERAL MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE, BUT LIMITED DETAILED KNOWLEDGE OF HOW THE SPYDER IS PUT TOGETHER.

I installed a Kuhmo KU22 205/55 r15 which has the same rolling diameter as the stock Kenda. I went for a slightly narrower width than stock as I have the stick on aftermarket belt guard and wanted to ensure it did not rub on a new tyre.

Obviously, while I believe these guidelines are relatively complete, I can accept no responsibility for their detailed accuracy. They are intended as a guideline only. Created December 2016......Last Updated June 2017.

BEFORE STARTING, YOU WILL NEED -

1. A bike lift (I used Harbour Freight)
    2. 2 x 36mm ring spanners for the axle (or 1 x 36mm spanner and 1 x 36mm socket). Can Am must use Brian Shaw (aka the World's Strongest Man), to tighten their axle and brake caliper nuts while using judicious amounts of yellow locktite. They are on there very tightly (160ft/lbs +/- 10lbs for the axle). How Finless managed to use two short spanners to get the axle undone is beyond me (although, have Finless Bob and Brian Shaw ever been seen together in the same room? ). I used a long 36mm spanner and a 36mm 3/4" socket head with a loooong 3/4" breaker bar. An addendum to this is that prior mid 2014, there was only a torque specification of around 80ft/lbs, which explains how some people can remove the axle nuts so easily.
    3. Assorted sockets/extender and open/ring spanners.
    4. Torque wrench (up to 150 ft/lbs)
    5. White lithium grease (WD40 and others make this)
    6. I (and others) have found that a liberal amount of blue locktite will work just as well as the recommended yellow when reassembling.
    7. Just in case, check for a bearing shop in your vicinity. The "o" ring in my wheel was missing some chunks of rubber, even though this was the first time the wheel had been disassembled, and others have also found this. The Spyder "o" ring is too big for most auto shops to carry, but most bearing shops will have them. Hopefully you won't even have to worry about this.
    8. Set aside an afternoon if this is your first removal, and a morning to replace, as you are bound to be scratching your head from time to time. After the first one you would be looking at a couple of hours to remove and the same to reinstall.

1. Addendum 15th June 2017.....With the release of Lamonster's Wheel Balancers, purchasing and installing them at the time of wheel removal will remove any need for the "tyre guy" to balance your wheels (Step 23), unless you are reinstalling Kendas, as they can be so far out of balance/round that they overwhelm the Wheel Balancer.

WHEEL REMOVAL -

1. Position your bike lift toward the rear of the chassis bar, being careful not to crush the exhaust springs.
    2. Place F3 in neutral, park brake on.
    3. Remove the axle covers, cotter pin and break the axle nut (bloody tight). You will need a 36mm spanner and a 36mm socket with breaker bar or looooong handle for leverage.
    4. Remove the rear suspension nut from the shock.
    5. Lift Spyder up/down minutely using your preferred lift equipment until there is no pressure on the rear shock and the bolt will slide out fairly easily with just finger pressure (this allows the swing arm to drop when you jack the Spyder up, which allows you access to the top brake caliper bolt as well as making belt removal and reinstallation easier and eliminating the need to realign your belt)
    6. Lift Spyder further until the rear wheel is barely off the ground and chock the rear wheel (just for stability while breaking the caliper nuts.....) This will expose the upper brake caliper nut.
    7. Break the brake caliper nuts (bloody tight). You will need a socket and extender to get at the upper the brake caliper nut.
    8. Unbolt and remove the sensor next to the caliper(remember where each shim goes - I had 4, all between the sensor and the caliper mount plate). Be very careful with this sensor. This is one of the 3 (one on each wheel), that control your ABS as well as being used, in conjunction with the other two wheel sensors, for traction control and brake distribution by Nanny. If you damage this sensor, or don't get all the shims back in, you WILL get a "Limp" mode from Nanny on startup and may have to replace the unit.
    9. Turn the Ignition on, release the park brake, then turn the ignition off. Cover your ears while it beeps at you for 20 seconds.
    10. Take lots of photographs of the pieces of equipment you are about to remove to ensure you can put every shim/washer/piece back in the correct place.
    11. Tape up the axle adjusters thoroughly with duct tape on both sides of the swing arm ( around an 8" piece, along the top of the arm, over the back and underneath the arm) so the components don't fall out and to keep the halves and bolt in place to save having to recalibrate after wheel reinstall.....or worse, have the pieces fall into the swing arm.
    12. Gradually slide the belt off the rear sprocket. (mine came off easily)
    13. Put a cloth or tape inside the wheel to avoid damaging it when the caliper comes off. (Just in case)
    14. Remove the brake caliper bolts and the slide the caliper off the disc (tight fit) and bungy to the frame or exhaust to keep the load off it.
    15. Avoid touching the brake pedal while the caliper is off as you could create nanny messages when you start the Spyder......which can be fairly easily rectified....... but.....)
    16. Remove the rear wheel chock and lower the Spyder until the wheel touches the ground.
    17. Undo the axle nut completely.
    18. Lift the Spyder slightly until there is minimal pressure on the wheel/tyre. The axle should just slide out from the left using hand pressure if you have the wheel at the right height.
    19. Lift the Spyder to maximum and roll the wheel out. You may have to tip the Spyder forward to do this. Be verrrrry careful not to overbalance the Spyder (I nearly did)
    20. Remove the metal bushings from each side of the wheel. (if they haven't already fallen out when you withdrew the axle)
    21. Remove the disc from the wheel. The bolts are, again, very tight and you need a socket to do this as a spanner will not fit in the recess. Loosen opposing bolts gradually (I.e. Don't just undo in a circle)
    22. Turn the wheel over and lay flat (the wheel, not you!) with the sprocket facing you. Pull upwards while wiggling (the sprocket, not you!) and the sprocket will lift out. Mark the sprocket to wheel position to ensure you don't hide the tyre valve behind a sprocket cross piece when reassembling. Remove the 5 rubber dampers. Check your "O" ring for damage (mine was missing a couple of chunks for some unknown reason.)
    23. Take the wheel "as is" to your tyre guy. Watch the tyre guy's expression as he comes face to face with the Spyder wheel with integrated hub for the first time. There will be either a look of consternation, or a look of "I know how to do this". They will most likely not be able to balance the tyre as there is a concern that the conical fastener on their balancer may damage the bearing in the hub. You could have it static balanced at a bike shop (and some car/truck tyre shops do have static balancers)....... or align the tyre dot to the valve (the tyre guys should do this automatically) and remove any existing weights. This should work on good quality rear tyres (i.e. not on Kenda or Arachnid), and certainly worked for me. If this doesn't work, some have installed Dyna Beads. Ride-on also works for some, but is disliked by many tyre shops as it is messy when replacing the tyre. The choice is yours, but no responsibility is accepted for your choice.. Check the tyre pressure as the tyre guys will pump it to around 35psi, as they do for most car tyres. You don't need that much as the Spyder is much lighter than a car. I am running very comfortably at 23psi and I am a big guy.
    N.B. The purchase of Lamonster's Rear Wheel Balancers will negate the need for any of the balancing mentioned above, unless you are reinstalling Kendas, which can overpower the Wheel Balancers due to the sheer amount of out-of-balance that they can experience.

WHEEL REINSTALL -

1. Reinstall the rubber dampers and gently wiggle the sprocket back on to the wheel as per line up marks, along with white lithium greased "O" ring. Make sure it is fully seated.
    2. Reinstall the disc on the wheel. (Use blue locktite and ensure you tighten opposing bolts as you go. TORQUE to 63ft/lbs.
    3. Reinstall the bushings into the wheel each side.
    4. Lift the Spyder and manoeuver the wheel back in.
    5. Lower the Spyder until the axle hole aligns with the swing arm holes.
    6. Ensure the disc caliper backing plate is in position for the axle to slide through (to save having to remove the wheel after you have installed it because you find a metal backing plate lying on the ground.....don't ask me how I know ). Hang the backing plate from the stud on the swing arm while you slide the axle through the wheel, then you can raise the plate to slip the axle through the plate hole.
    7. Slide the axle through the swing arm, the wheel caliper backing plate and opposing swing arm. (It should slide fairly easily if you have you bike lift at the correct height).
    8. Chock the wheel as far forward as possible while tightening the axle to ensure you keep your belt tension.
    9. Reinstall the axle nuts and TORQUE to 160 foot/lbs. (you can get away with 150lbs according to the workshop manual).
    10. Reinstall the cotter pin and axle covers.
    11. Lift the Spyder until the wheel is off the ground to allow access to the upper brake caliper bolt hole.
    12. Separate the pads in the brake caliper if necessary and slide the brake caliper over the disc (it's tight fit, make sure the pads are separated in the caliper) and hand tighten the caliper bolts (use loctite).
    13. Reinstall the sensor, ensuring shims are in the correct spot (use loctite.)
    14. Slide the belt back on the sprocket (it helps to rotate the wheel)
    15. Lower the Spyder to stability (meaning the wheel is just touching the ground).
    16. Remove the axle adjuster tape.
    17. TORQUE the brake caliper bolts to 77 ft/lbs
    18. Lower/Lift the Spyder until the shock bolt holes align and insert bolt.
    19. TORQUE nut to 35ft/lbs(use loctite).
    20. Press hard on the brake pedal with the ignition still off to reset the pads and ABS.
    21. Lift the Spyder rear wheel off the ground. Select first gear and check the belt for any side to side movement while the tyre is rotating. Brake and try in reverse. The belt should not move from side to side. If it does, you need a belt alignment adjustment. The belt should be 1mm to 5mm gap from the sprocket.
    22. Lower the Spyder.
    23. Test ride......hopefully with no nanny messages. I had none, following these guidelines.Animal's post above. I guess with my year / model the caliper bracket has a hole for the axle bolt to go through ... have to study it some more.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Peteoz; 09-06-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

No problem mate. Now just make a video of it , preferably with Claire Holt in a starring role [/QUOTE]

Mate, I had never heard of Claire Holt before today.....she has certainly been flying under the Aussie radar. . I will contact her immediately a make her an offer she can't refuse for the starring role in "Release the Axle".

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

WHEEL REMOVAL -

6. Lift Spyder further until the rear wheel is barely off the ground and chock the rear wheel (just for stability while breaking the caliper nuts.....) This will expose the upper brake caliper nut.
    7. Break the brake caliper nuts (bloody tight). You will need a socket and extender to get at the upper the brake caliper nut.

8. Unbolt and remove the sensor next to the caliper(remember where each shim goes - I had 4, all between the sensor and the caliper mount plate). Be very careful with this sensor. This is one of the 3 (one on each wheel), that control your ABS as well as being used, in conjunction with the other two wheel sensors, for traction control and brake distribution by Nanny. If you damage this sensor, or don't get all the shims back in, you WILL get a "Limp" mode from Nanny on startup and may have to replace the unit.

13. Put a cloth or tape inside the wheel to avoid damaging it when the caliper comes off. (Just in case)
    14. Remove the brake caliper bolts and the slide the caliper off the disc (tight fit) and bungy to the frame or exhaust to keep the load off it.
    15. Avoid touching the brake pedal while the caliper is off as you could create nanny messages when you start the Spyder......which can be fairly easily rectified....... but.....)

WHEEL REINSTALL -

4. Lift the Spyder and manoeuver the wheel back in.
    5. Lower the Spyder until the axle hole aligns with the swing arm holes.
    6. Ensure the disc caliper backing plate is in position for the axle to slide through (to save having to remove the wheel after you have installed it because you find a metal backing plate lying on the ground.....don't ask me how I know ). Hang the backing plate from the stud on the swing arm while you slide the axle through the wheel, then you can raise the plate to slip the axle through the plate hole.
    7. Slide the axle through the swing arm, the wheel caliper backing plate and opposing swing arm. (It should slide fairly easily if you have you bike lift at the correct height).
    [/QUOTE]

Pete, I gather that the caliper is detached from the backing plate, then there is a bolt holding the backing plate in place? I've attached some pics to ensure my setup is the same as the one you're describing.

Rear caliper 1.jpgRear caliper 2.jpg

Thanks.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 09-07-2017 at 01:08 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Pete, I gather that the caliper is detached from the backing plate, then there is a bolt holding the backing plate in place? I've attached some pics to ensure my setup is the same as the one you're describing.

Rear caliper 1.jpgRear caliper 2.jpg

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

From what I remember, there was no bolt holding the backing plate on mine, Pete. There's a lip that allows you to seat the plate while you run the axle through, then once you tighten the axle the plate is held firmly in place, and you fasten the caliper to it. Of course, I forgot to feed the axle through the plate before torquing the axle.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pete, I gather that the caliper is detached from the backing plate, then there is a bolt holding the backing plate in place? I've attached some pics to ensure my setup is the same as the one you're describing.Thanks.
    From what I remember, there was no bolt holding the backing plate on mine, Pete. There's a lip that allows you to seat the plate while you run the axle through, then once you tighten the axle the plate is held firmly in place, and you fasten the caliper to it. Of course, I forgot to feed the axle through the plate before torquing the axle.[/QUOTE]

Right you are!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    (Later model rear brake assembly...) very similar but instead of being bolted as the old style brakes are it will have a tang, or nub, that is located to position the front part of the brake caliper assembly. You will have to locate the brake on the tang and line up the hole for the axle to slide thru. Not hard, just take your time and take pictures if you want a reference for something before you take it apart.
    Thanks for this. What I discovered is that my Brembo rear brake caliper assembly is bolted to a separate plate, which has an axle hole and the tang referred to above. The caliper assembly needs to be unbolted from the backing plate. The backing plate itself is sandwiched between the wheel assembly and the swing-arm and comes loose once the axle is removed. In this picture, with the axle and wheel removed, the backing plate is hanging down from the tang.

rear Caliper mounting plate.jpg
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Yep, something like that! It's been a while and I've slept quite a bit since I did ours, and it wasn't in a Holiday Inn Express! 😜

2013 RT-S SE 5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep, something like that! It's been a while and I've slept quite a bit since I did ours, and it wasn't in a Holiday Inn Express! 😜
    Not sure what you mean by the Holiday Inn reference, but I gather you've slept okay since doing this job...?

Anyway, got it all back together this morning, fired it up, watched the wheel spin and the belt stayed aligned. Had VSS and ABS and 'brake failure' lights, but once I got it down on the ground and backed out of the garage, they all cleared up by themselves. So, I can breathe again!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Not sure what you mean by the Holiday Inn reference, but I gather you've slept okay since doing this job...?

Anyway, got it all back together this morning, fired it up, watched the wheel spin and the belt stayed aligned. Had VSS and ABS and 'brake failure' lights, but once I got it down on the ground and backed out of the garage, they all cleared up by themselves. So, I can breathe again!
    Well done, Pete.....you worry and you worry and you worry that you have left out a step, or accidentally bent something, or........and you have buggered (technical term) your Spyder.....but with the help of the members here, it usually turns out OK.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

The Holiday Inn reference was because of their commercials whereby a person who had stayed at one the night before was able to do something far beyond their normal capabilities and training. The catch phrase, after being asked "Are you a (expert at whatever they had done)?" was "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night".

2013 RT-S SE 5

Spyder Garage

The Holiday Inn reference was because of their commercials whereby a person who had stayed at one the night before was able to do something far beyond their normal capabilities and training. The catch phrase, after being asked "Are you a (expert at whatever they had done)?" was "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night".
    Thanks for the explanation I was wondering about that myself.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Spyder Garage

Default Resurrecting this thread, gonna need a new rear tire

I know I'm going to have to replace the rear tire on my new to me 2010 RT-S. Looking online, Tirerack has 4 tires in the 205/55R15 size, all high performance summer. They have the Yoko for 90 with about 12 to ship it to me. They also have a couple of Kumho's and a Dunlap Direzza about the same price. Dunlap has a 420 wear vs. 300 for the Yoko and A vs. AA for traction. Both are symmetrical tread designs. Would the traction be the deciding factor in this type of usage?

Thanks,
    Bob
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltwin View Post
    I know I'm going to have to replace the rear tire on my new to me 2010 RT-S. Looking online, Tirerack has 4 tires in the 205/55R15 size, all high performance summer. They have the Yoko for 90 with about 12 to ship it to me. They also have a couple of Kumho's and a Dunlap Direzza about the same price. Dunlap has a 420 wear vs. 300 for the Yoko and A vs. AA for traction. Both are symmetrical tread designs. Would the traction be the deciding factor in this type of usage? Thanks,Bob
    This is the wrong thread for this question. There are plenty more threads about choice of tire, rather than how to replace it, which is what this is.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    This is the wrong thread for this question. There are plenty more threads about choice of tire, rather than how to replace it, which is what this is.
    Was that really helpful?

If you read the whole thread, there are quite a few posts about tire choice.
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Was that really helpful? If you read the whole thread, there are quite a few posts about tire choice.
    I think it was, which is why I posted it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Was that really helpful?

If you read the whole thread, there are quite a few posts about tire choice.
    The thread is already 4 pages long, Eviltwin, and the question of tyre choice always adds plenty of responses which will muddy the tyre remove and replace thread’s waters a little, which is why Utahpete asked if the question would be better in another (or its own) thread. It’s a fair call.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 11-03-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

The thread is already 4 pages long, Eviltwin, and the question of tyre choice always adds plenty of responses which will muddy the tyre replacement thread’s waters a little, which is why Utahpete asked if the question would be better in another (or its own) thread. It’s a fair call.

Pete
    Yes, likewise for threads on oil types, who does/does not wave, and posts concerning Bacon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HankD View Post
    Yes, likewise for threads on oil types, who does/does not wave, and posts concerning Bacon
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

I know I'm going to have to replace the rear tire on my new to me 2010 RT-S. Looking online, Tirerack has 4 tires in the 205/55R15 size, all high performance summer. They have the Yoko for 90 with about 12 to ship it to me. They also have a couple of Kumho's and a Dunlap Direzza about the same price. Dunlap has a 420 wear vs. 300 for the Yoko and A vs. AA for traction. Both are symmetrical tread designs. Would the traction be the deciding factor in this type of usage?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Try this instead: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ight=rear+tire.

There are multiplicities of other ones out there. Rather then the DIY forum search in the maintenance forums. I just went to my local tire store and asked him for his best tire in the correct size,gave him the wheel and he mounted the tire.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI